Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

New Jango WIP

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Re: New Jango WIP

Chucko, FF, and SS- Thanks guys!!!! This will be a huge help...wow, Im gonna jump on those tutorials tonight : ), well, maybe this afternoon and tomorrow.
    Hope u guys have a great newyear!
    B

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey guys- Had a great new year..hope you all did : ). Started the 2nd blaster mod and should be finished w/ that by tomorrow. Should I not weather my armor until I recieve my ASOK lid from stnasty in order to make sure the weathering is congruent w/ his work? Just a thought.
    Thanks
    B

From
    Cheshire, UK

You off to a good start!

From
    Oklahoma City

I tend to weather everything at the same time so that it is even and similar in style. That is just my preference though.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Thanks FF- Ya, thats what I was thinking : ). Below are a few acrylics I just bought so I could oscilate a few colors to see how they look. One is a flat black, one is bark brown, and the other is metallic antique copper. Any thoughts on these although I know it should probablly be congruent w/ the bucket...it appears stnasty's previous work (which looks phenominal) has some of these shades?

Thanks
    B
    Last edited by dynamic1; Jan 22, 2011 at 1:25 PM.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Thanks MG!!! Great avatar shot btw!
    Mandalorian Guard said: View Post
    You off to a good start!

Account Deactivated

Its all looking good so far ,
    How ever id strongly suggest upgrading the rubbies blasters as they will infare bring the whole costume down a level
    and seeing as you are going for all good other peices it wouldnt do the set up justice;
    this is just my opinion

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey Jinto- Ya, I probablly will do so. This has just been a fun little side project which has allowed me to practice weathering (although not as intensive) as well as pay attention to detail w/ respect to the blasters. Should help me whenever I purchase the resin ones : ). Thanks, as any suggestions are welcome from you all buddy. Thanks jinto!
    B

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey guys, here are some shots im going to use as a reference when I start the weathering process (dressing a galaxy). These along w/ the tutorials youve all sent should really allow me to create some great detail : )

Last edited by dynamic1; Jan 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey all- Here are the finished blasters w/ weathering. Let me know what you think?! Thanks in advance guys
    B

Last edited by dynamic1; Jan 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Last edited by dynamic1; Apr 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM.

From
    Oklahoma City

Looking good. If you need some good reference images don't forget to look in the gallery section. There are a ton of great images taken of the suit at different events. They may be a little more clear than the images in the Dressing a Galaxy book.

The blasters look good. Nice job on the weathering. Even though I have the MR blasters I have often thought of making some replacement tips for the rubies blasters for those that can't get the MR blasters or something else. Maybe I can talk my wife into letting me get a lathe.

The colors are probably fine. I don't know about the copper color. Test it on something other than your armor to see how it works with the other colors.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Thanks FF- Cool, thanks, ya im pretty happy w/ the results : )Ya, for some reason I cant access the gallery? Im going to check my settings on the pc.
    Thanks
    B

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey All- Just an update. Still waiting on the bucket in order to weather. However, something to keep you interested...I recieved my Navy/leather gloves today (sandysith recommended) and they appear spot-on... fit like a GLOVE : ) HAHAHA- How they look?
    B

Last edited by dynamic1; Jan 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey guys- I have a question w/ respect to Kamino vs. Arena weathering. Obviously the arena will most likely obtain more dirt/ grime however, would the kamino garner some dirt as well? I have seen some jangos w/ just slight black on the edges (very slight) but not much, then I have seen quite a bit of dirt? What are your thoughts on this subject?
    Thanks
    B

As too weathering...it is all to your personal preference. Do you want to do super movie accurate or Do you want to do realistic or Do you just want to do what looks right for you?....how about that for a non-committal answer

Seriously, I would say pick which approach works for you. If you want screen accurate than study the **** out of the movies and the stills in the gallery. If you wan to go realistic figure on the "Arena Jango, AJ" will have more dust and grime, more browns but also, perhaps some rusting on the armor from being on kamino and not having time to properly clean it. If you go with what looks good to you personally, you can mix it up a bit until you like the results.
    '
    For mine I attempted a more screen accurate look but in recent weeks and due to some mistakes while painting the jet pack my weathering has gotten a bit "more" than screen accurate. I am tossing around the idea of adding some "dust" to the crevices of the gauntlets, jetpack, and knees and perhaps a bit of dusty weathering on the jump suit.

Not sure if that helped, hope it did. All in all the best solution is to pick a path as to your weathering and go with it. Regardless how you do it, it will be unique...which is what I love about weathering costumes. It really makes your costume your own.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey SS- Phenomial explination! That makes a ton of sense..and ive began to quite enjoy weathering thanks to your help man! I think its safe to say that even if it starts out "cannon", it ends up being your own LOL! Decisions decisions..... Thanks a ton!

From
    Pennsylvania

When I do mine; I plan to go light on the weathering at first, then later if I decide that I want more, I can add it. It's easier to add it, than to remove it.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Another great point added by DS! Thanks man : )

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Ok guys- Thanks again to cruzer I recieved my back and cod armor today : ). Here are some pics after hitting it w/ 0000 steel wool. Let me know what you think of the shine.

Lookin' Nice!

From
    Long Beach, CA

MAN Cruzer does nice work! Lookin' GREAT Dynamic!!

those are sweet... waiting on my Cruzer Christmas too

From
    Murrieta Ca.

SS- Thanks man!
    Obro- Dido! Yours is coming along great man!
    Smuwindu- Looking forward to yours! And, lets see those blasters : )

haven't touched them in weeks... gotta pull them out and add the tips...