Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2010
    May 15, 2010, 9:49 AM - New guy with some questions. #1

Hey guys, I just joined the site about 10 minutes ago. I gotta say, I LOVE the community on this site, I never seem to read about someone ripping someone else off, which sadly is a surprise in society these days. Glad to see fans helping and getting along with other fans! Anyway, I digress. I decided to start a Jango scratch build to put in my portfolio for school. I have plenty of sintra, a helmet to modify, and ideas for the clothing (and if the suit plans don't work out, thankfully my buddies mom is a tailor by profession!). With that said, my main concerns are in applying the armor to the clothing, should i velcro it on? that didn't seem like it would be sturdy enough. Also, I have ideas for a scratch build jetpack (Jango's compact model) but does anyone have any tips or designs? I'm pretty much pulling my JP design rear end, and although I think I can pull it off, the foolish deny tips and/or help.
    May 15, 2010, 12:04 PM - Re: New guy with some questions. #2

the WOF (wizard of flight) templates that are a sticky at the top of the forum give all of the design deminsions. A lot of people use snaps to attach the armor. Or snaps with velcro for extra support, that is how mine is attached. I did not do the install on that myself though. If you dig through some of the threads you can see a lot of pictures of different designs.