Subscribe
  1. Jango1138's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Feb 25, 2013, 7:27 PM - Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #1

    Hey everybody, I'm new here, and I need some help. You see, I bought myself the Rubies 2-Piece Jango Fett helmet, but since I'm just a kid, it doesn't fit very well. I had an idea to take the straps out of an old bicycle helmet and put it into my Jango helmet to secure it better to my head, but it's not really working out so well. Any tips? Pics below.

    Bicycle straps:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00004.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	67369

    I've also got the head piece from inside an Optimus Prime helmet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00008.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	67371

    Back view, with adjustable strap:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00007.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	67370

    Thanks!
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,451
    Feb 25, 2013, 7:35 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #2

    Theres a pretty good how to on the imperial storm trooper site....whitearmor...on how to put a hardhat liner into a stormy helmet...might work for this as welll. Use plastic tabs to attach em to the inside of the helmet. Check out the site and see if itll work How To Install a Hardhat Liner - YouTube
  3. Jango1138's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Feb 25, 2013, 7:59 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #3

    Thanks a ton! Do you think I can snip some sections off of the bike helm straps so I can clip the helmet under my chin? I'm looking to be able to use this with airsoft.
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,451
    Feb 25, 2013, 8:02 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #4

    You may be able to get a hard hat and take the bike helmet strap and combine them together? I dont think Id use it for airsoft though. Cant see very well out of the helmet
  5. BobaFiend's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    783
    Feb 25, 2013, 8:06 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #5

    Also, BB's will penetrate the visor. I highly advise against this.
  6. Jango1138's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Feb 25, 2013, 9:38 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #6

    Quote BobaFiend said: View Post
    Also, BB's will penetrate the visor. I highly advise against this.
    Holy cow! You sure?
  7. BobaFiend's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    783
    Feb 25, 2013, 9:50 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #7

    Rubies products are hardly even substantial to be used as costumes. They are certainly not going to stand up to use as safety wear. I wouldn't even risk using a rubies helmet with .12 BBs out of a spring gun. It's just asking for trouble.
  8. bigkidbiggertoys's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,256
    Feb 25, 2013, 9:53 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #8

    I would advise against trying to wear the toy helmet as protective gear. I would imagine a BB could pentrate the thin plastic if at close range! As far as fitting the helmet to your head, you could use some foam pipe insulation & hot glue a donut ring inside. Cheap, simple & effective.
  9. Jango1138's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Feb 25, 2013, 9:55 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #9

    Quote BobaFiend said: View Post
    Rubies products are hardly even substantial to be used as costumes. They are certainly not going to stand up to use as safety wear. I wouldn't even risk using a rubies helmet with .12 BBs out of a spring gun. It's just asking for trouble.
    That sucks... I am thoroughly disappointed. Well, I'll just use a different mask for airsofting. Thanks alot for the help, guys!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote bigkidbiggertoys said: View Post
    I would advise against trying to wear the toy helmet as protective gear. I would imagine a BB could pentrate the thin plastic if at close range! As far as fitting the helmet to your head, you could use some foam pipe insulation & hot glue a donut ring inside. Cheap, simple & effective.
    Hmmm... Would you direct me to a tutorial?
  10. bigkidbiggertoys's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,256
    Feb 25, 2013, 11:44 PM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #10

    I don't think there is a tutorial but it is pretty straight forward. Pick up a length of foam pipe insulation from the hardware store. They come in different diameters so you will need to do some measuring to see which one you will need. Your helmet should fit snug otherwise it will wobble & could fall off. Pull off the adhesive strip & stick it back together so you have a foam tube. Measure & cut to length & you are ready to glue into your helmet. Use hotmelt as it sets quickly & will hold the foam securely & glue a section at a time. If you find the foam distorting you may need to cut some cross sectional slits on the back section so it conforms to the helmet. One of my first helmets had this setup & it worked better for me than the hard hat liner with chin strap & was more comfortable.
  11. Jango1138's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Feb 26, 2013, 9:35 AM - Re: Need help with 2-Piece Jango helmet. #11

    Quote bigkidbiggertoys said: View Post
    I don't think there is a tutorial but it is pretty straight forward. Pick up a length of foam pipe insulation from the hardware store. They come in different diameters so you will need to do some measuring to see which one you will need. Your helmet should fit snug otherwise it will wobble & could fall off. Pull off the adhesive strip & stick it back together so you have a foam tube. Measure & cut to length & you are ready to glue into your helmet. Use hotmelt as it sets quickly & will hold the foam securely & glue a section at a time. If you find the foam distorting you may need to cut some cross sectional slits on the back section so it conforms to the helmet. One of my first helmets had this setup & it worked better for me than the hard hat liner with chin strap & was more comfortable.
    Thanks, I'll get to that right away!

Similar Threads

  1. Jango 2-piece injection helmet conversion to Boba ESB
    By Mister Hyde in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2014, 12:56 AM
  2. Rubies one piece Jango helmet
    By SomeGuy in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jun 5, 2013, 10:39 AM
  3. Jango 2 Piece Helmet?
    By bobafetttk421 in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2013, 9:06 PM
  4. 2 Piece Jango Helmet Review
    By Array in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Sep 13, 2012, 9:08 PM