Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Nov 2, 2006, 8:20 PM - Re: My Second Fett #26

Sweet jango suit
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Nov 2, 2006, 10:17 PM - Re: My Second Fett #27

Thanks for the comments fellers ... greatly helpful.

Quote tubachris85x said: View Post
    I'd really like to see how the armor looks before you jumped into the pickup truck.
    Darn it ... we didn't get any pics before I jumped in the truck. No worries, I'll be wearing the suit again sometime soon.

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    The only thing I would say is to dirty up the armor a bit, you look new, like right out of the box.
    Agreed ... I was just tryin' to get this up and runnin' for Halloween and ran outta time. Version 3.0 (or 2.1 if 3.0 isn't ready by then) will be weathered.

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    I knew I forgot something. Jimmy the shin plates are on the wrong legs. You need to switch them so the shorter side flare is to the outside of your body. You look great though, woo hoo.

Doh ... I figued I had a 50/50 shot of gettin' that right. Oh well, thanks for pointin' that out.
    Nov 2, 2006, 10:19 PM - Re: My Second Fett #28

Man JB you have to much time and money on your hands, . Just kidding man, you have some great looking stuff there.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Nov 2, 2006, 10:28 PM - Re: My Second Fett #29

Nice looking V2 Scott!! The armour looks a tad dull though, so be sure to buff it veeeeeeery well with a rag!
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Nov 3, 2006, 1:35 AM - Re: My Second Fett #30

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Nice looking V2 Scott!! The armour looks a tad dull though, so be sure to buff it veeeeeeery well with a rag!
    Roger that ... I'm probably gonna give it another go on the RnB as it took some battle damage after all it went through on Halloween.
  6. Nov 3, 2006, 9:25 AM - Re: My Second Fett #31

Looks great on ya.Just have to cinch down some of the parts, and space out the chest pieces a bit.
    This armor has good flex to it, so if you get those edges held down it will hug your frame really nicely(mostly referring to the leg and shin armor, as the chest looks fine.Elastic straps would wrap em on your legs a lot better.Just run the elastic under the jumpsuit.
    I had weathered the armor and clearcoated it, but the rub and buff covered it all up.lol
    You really should not have had to use rub and buff as it is already metal.Rub and buff is really only to make non metal things look like metal.
    And with regards to shinyness, jangos screen used armor is really not that glossy.the natural shine of the metal should be plenty.
    Again though.Looks like you have a cool costume there bro.
    those gauntlets and that bucket are awesome.
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Nov 3, 2006, 9:38 AM - Re: My Second Fett #32

Thanks for the tips there ... PMed ya!
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Nov 3, 2006, 9:48 AM - Re: My Second Fett #33

Great V2 though!! One of the best Jangos I've seen
    Nov 3, 2006, 10:29 AM - Re: My Second Fett #34

Scott it looks great we just need to get the armor pulled down a scosche and spaced out a tad on the chest. Get any pics of the JP? I am curious what the critics have to say!it looks really good dude! Once I get some free time in a few weeks you need to make it back down here to finish V3!

-Chris
  10. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Nov 3, 2006, 9:23 PM - Re: My Second Fett #35

Quote firstsonofsolo said: View Post
    Scott it looks great we just need to get the armor pulled down a scosche and spaced out a tad on the chest. Get any pics of the JP? I am curious what the critics have to say!it looks really good dude! Once I get some free time in a few weeks you need to make it back down here to finish V3!

-Chris
    PM being sent.
  11. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Nov 3, 2006, 10:36 PM - Re: My Second Fett #36

Looking good Buffet !

Snifftacular job it is!