Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

My Jango WIP.....NOW FINISHED

From
    Roanoke, VA USA

Re: My Jango WIP

Looking good! I am waiting for my softparts and was going to follow BooBooFett's thread on how to attach the armor. This is yet another option! What size bolts and grommets did you use?

From
    North Texas

The grommets were 5/16ths or 8mm and I got them at Walmart. 30 for $2.99 ( I think I know they were under 3 bucks)

The bolts were machine screws and nuts 24 x 3/4 and I got them at Tractor Supply. 10 for $1.49

From
    Roanoke, VA USA

Good Deal. Yeah I think I am going to do this method for mine ROTJ Fett just because it looks like it works soooo much better. Thanks a bunch and again, looks good!

Can't wait to see the one that is leather!

From
    North Texas

took a quick pic today. There is some adjustments that still need to be made, but I cut off the bolts and added some weathering.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

a couple of the bolts heated up and had to be reglued. Evidently I did not put them in the same spot because the right side had a bit of a "bunched up" area on the chest. That will be an easy fix though. I did break out the craft paint and dirty up the plates and the vest a bit.

I realized after the fact I did not take a picture of the cut off bolts. They are nothing special but I had a couple of questions about how rough it would be against your body and I wanted to show them. I don't even notice the bolts with a t-shirt on I doubt I will be aware of them with all of the other gear on.

From
    North Texas

A couple of other things I am figuring out.....even though this vest was said to be cannon, the shoulders are too small and the armor extends past the end of the vest. I think the neck opening is a bit large and the distance from the neck to the edge of the shoulder is a bit wide. But as I said this is my practice vest for when my long awaited LSFU vest arrives.......

As always C+C is appreciated.

****, that suit is looking so good. Can't wait to see it all on

looks good...the only 2 things I see is the back edges of the collar seem to poke way up...can you bend them down to sit flush on the vest and the lower outside edge of the chest are sticking out. I would try to get them as flush to vest as you can. Also I think you are right the shoulder of the vest are little short. Looks really good and weathering looks nice.

From
    North Texas

Proof that I am still working.......gauntlet pics

those gauntlets are looking great, I'm so jealous I can't wait until I get mine

Gaunts look nice...though strictly speaking you don't need the cable dart in the right gauntlet with the arena pack since he used on kamino and there are screencaps on Geonosis with it missing...than again you also have the option of carrying 1 or 2 blasters as well...Either way...they gaunts look good!

From
    North Texas

Hadn't really thought about that but I guess that would be true.......hmm, learn sumtin new everyday

Does your helmet have the dent?

From
    Spain

SandySith said: View Post
    Gaunts look nice...though strictly speaking you don't need the cable dart in the right gauntlet with the arena pack since he used on kamino and there are screencaps on Geonosis with it missing...than again you also have the option of carrying 1 or 2 blasters as well...Either way...they gaunts look good!
    That's too purist bud : I like more the look of the Exhibition display, Kamino look but with two blasters, it looks cooler

From
    North Texas

Nope no dent. I am doing the arena JP but most everything else could easily be Kamino.

KaanE said: View Post
    That's too purist bud : I like more the look of the Exhibition display, Kamino look but with two blasters, it looks cooler
    Yeah I think the two blaster look better....I cared just one by accident at an event and had no glue what to do with my other hand...I looked like a very nervous Jango all day constantly fiddling around with my hands. :-)

From
    Wisconsin

Very nice gauntlets. Can't wait for mine to get here!

From
    North Texas

Ok, the real stuff arrived today.

The LSFU leather vest and blurple Flightsuit came in. I had to at least lay the armor on the vest and take a quick pic.
    I now have all the parts, I just need to put it all together. So how does one work up the courage to poke holes in thier new leather vest?

I am going to use the bolt on method, but jimmeny christmas I will be nervous when I do this.

From
    North Texas

I was updating the first post and realized I could almost make 2 Jangos with what I have at the house........I have a problem (and I won't find the cure on this board)

From
    San Antonio, TX

NICE!!! That's gonna look really sweet! Can't wait to see the completed pics. How is the new flight suit? Color right?

From
    Spain

Can we see a pic of the LS4U flightsuit?

From
    North Texas

I have some comparative shots of the flightsuits the LSFU and the Bobamaker.

I will post them up a little later tonight. They are on the work computer.

From
    North Texas

Here are some pics

The suit is cut straight through the torso, so it looks "blocky" in the picture. Just for info I am 5-10 and 185. There is room to move an the FS is comfortable. The color is definitly Blurple although it is tough to see in the pics.

Here is one with the vest on.

There may some minor adjustments made but overall I am pleased with both items.

From
    North Texas

Here is a comparison shot of my two flighsuits.

The LSFU is on the left and the Bobamaker is on the right. These are both top tier products. The Bobamaker has a thicker weave to the fabric and is more blue. The LSFU has a tighter weave with the more purple blue color. Both have waist adjustments. The Bobamaker has elastic with buttons. The LSFU has elastic with velcro. The sleeves on the LSFU has more stiching detail. I would have to say that both are well worth the money.

From
    North Texas

I have started to afix the armor to the vest. Should have some pics up soon to ask about plate placement. Had to post up something to keep up with the other WIP threads.

Boot armor is on .

From
    North Texas

Ok so I would like some input before I continue to poke holes in this leather vest.

I suited up tonight and had the wife take a few pics. Toatally unintentionally I ended up with the chest armor at two seperate heights. But after looking at it...well it might work out better fore critique. I really want to make sure I have the spacing right. The collar and shoulders are attached with snaps, the chest and ab are just on with velcro.

So here is a pic.....feel free to give any and all input.