Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 4, 2008, 3:29 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #76

    update.

    finally got the pinstripes. It looks weird to me though, probably because i've gotten used to seeing it without them. what do you all think?



    i thought these were a pain in the butt to get on. its almost impossible. i have a massive headache now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0432.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	31026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0433.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	31027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0434.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	31028  

    Last edited by runJEDIrun; Jan 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM.
  2. Steelblitz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    252
    Feb 4, 2008, 5:01 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #77

    Looks good! I know what you mean about the helmet looking odd with them on now, I felt the same way with mine.
  3. Drake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    112
    Feb 4, 2008, 9:27 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #78

    Be careful now with the rest of the armor, this is usually where people "**** up" by getting a terrible flightsuit. Pick one with care and good color etc. Hate seing costumes that looks more like a pair of pyjamas rather than an armor.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 4, 2008, 11:10 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #79

    Looks good to me, weather it up.
  5. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 4, 2008, 4:23 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #80

    ok, now i feel a lot better.


    Quote Drake said: View Post
    Be careful now with the rest of the armor, this is usually where people "**** up" by getting a terrible flightsuit. Pick one with care and good color etc. Hate seing costumes that looks more like a pair of pyjamas rather than an armor.
    I have a whole bunch of things on its way to me and i can't wait to start putting it all together. So far I have ordered:

    -BM flight suit and Flak vest
    -MLC classic jet pack + ammo belt
    -MOW gauntlets + girth belt
    -BKBT thighs and shoe armor

    now im broke
  6. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Feb 4, 2008, 5:37 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #81

    I think it looks right for Jango! I REALLY prefer the helmet without them... I think they are sort of silly looking myself. But, they are there, and those look the part!
  7. Drake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    112
    Feb 4, 2008, 6:03 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #82

    Quote runJEDIrun said: View Post
    ok, now i feel a lot better.
    If that was regarding my previous comment, I didn't mean it in any "offensive way", just wanted to share my opinion which may (or may not) be of help to you later. Seen people before who has made awesome armor parts, but then kinda "phoned it in" on the rest. Don't like such a beatiful armor like yours to suffer because some elements of it is.. well.. under expectation. Good luck with the ordered parts and I hope it will all come together nice and smooth.
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,861
    Feb 4, 2008, 9:04 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #83

    Quote runJEDIrun said: View Post
    now im broke
    Welcome to the Fett adventure ... addicting and expensive, isn't it?
  9. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 4, 2008, 11:28 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #84

    Quote Drake said: View Post
    If that was regarding my previous comment, I didn't mean it in any "offensive way", just wanted to share my opinion which may (or may not) be of help to you later. Seen people before who has made awesome armor parts, but then kinda "phoned it in" on the rest. Don't like such a beatiful armor like yours to suffer because some elements of it is.. well.. under expectation. Good luck with the ordered parts and I hope it will all come together nice and smooth.
    hahaha no no no. I meant i TRULY felt better after hearing your guys comments. I value both positive and negative criticism so i would never say that sarcastically. appreciate the feedback Drake!!

    Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Welcome to the Fett adventure ... addicting and expensive, isn't it?
    man, i thought i had an idea, but you don't know until you're neck deep in it.
  10. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,371
    Feb 4, 2008, 11:48 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #85

    Dude - you'll have an extra little suprise coming to you with the other stuff. If you dont like it, you could return it.

    Something to complete your Jango. I dont need it, but it looks like you might.

    Your Jango is looking pretty good and I think you deserve it.
  11. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 5, 2008, 12:16 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #86

    Quote SEEKER said: View Post
    Dude - you'll have an extra little suprise coming to you with the other stuff. If you dont like it, you could return it.

    Something to complete your Jango. I dont need it, but it looks like you might.

    Your Jango is looking pretty good and I think you deserve it.

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder what it is? I'm really excited to get it man! I appreciate it
  12. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 16, 2008, 10:19 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #87

    I got the best anniversary present today from my girl!



    These will be nice and fun to put together. It will be a nice addition until i can afford some MR's or whatever the next thing is going to be.

    Also purchased a girth belt from within my garrison by an unknown maker. Its not the most accurate bolo braiding or color, but it was close and fit my budget pretty well until i can upgrade. Maybe if JDfett does another run of his fantastic bolo belts...




    now all i need is a mannequin like captjono to stick this all up on and access my situation haha! we're getting there slowly but surely.
  13. Jango72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Feb 17, 2008, 1:14 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #88

    Why do I have this feeling like I'm going to be hearing from you in the near future?

    Nice blasters, definitely an awesome gift.

    And like I mentioned to you before, if I can help you out in any way with your blasters, just let me know.
  14. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 17, 2008, 1:55 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #89

    Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    Why do I have this feeling like I'm going to be hearing from you in the near future?

    Nice blasters, definitely an awesome gift.

    And like I mentioned to you before, if I can help you out in any way with your blasters, just let me know.
    hey Ian, I actually just started to sand the surface to smooth it out. Do you think i need to take it to a high grit if im not going to use rub and buff? i was thinking about maybe using that krylon stuff tony had posted in another thread. i just sanded it at 180. Also, the guy i bought it from recommended super glue to assemble it. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks man.
  15. Darth Clouds's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    64
    Feb 17, 2008, 2:18 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #90

    Great paint job on the metallics! At first sight I thought it's a real metal lid and armor!

    Cool.
  16. Jango72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Feb 17, 2008, 11:22 AM - Re: My Jango Progress #91

    I'd use the fine grit sandpaper, I went up to 600 grit. That'll make the surface as smooth as a babies bottom.

    It'll allow for any paint that goes over top to be as smooth and flaw free as it can be with minimal coats. If you can keep your coats as thin/light as possible then the finished product will look more like it was made that color as opposed to having been painted.

    I used super glue, then had a few parts break off again. I switched to an automotive two-part epoxy that was designed for repairing plastic bumpers. My blasters have been dropped a few times ( even bounced off a wall ) and have yet to come apart.

    It was a general purpose, 5 min epoxy by Permatex. It's in a two-sided syringe, and it's clear ( dries clear too ). You should be able to find it at most autoparts stores.
  17. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 17, 2008, 3:56 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #92

    Quote Darth Clouds said: View Post
    Great paint job on the metallics! At first sight I thought it's a real metal lid and armor!

    Cool.
    thanks a lot man. i really appreciate it.

    Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    I'd use the fine grit sandpaper, I went up to 600 grit. That'll make the surface as smooth as a babies bottom.

    It'll allow for any paint that goes over top to be as smooth and flaw free as it can be with minimal coats. If you can keep your coats as thin/light as possible then the finished product will look more like it was made that color as opposed to having been painted.

    I used super glue, then had a few parts break off again. I switched to an automotive two-part epoxy that was designed for repairing plastic bumpers. My blasters have been dropped a few times ( even bounced off a wall ) and have yet to come apart.

    It was a general purpose, 5 min epoxy by Permatex. It's in a two-sided syringe, and it's clear ( dries clear too ). You should be able to find it at most autoparts stores.
    are you talking about sanding it before priming? or after? I'm just getting the residual resin off with sandpaper first then im going to prime it. should i then take it up to 600 grit? thanks man.
  18. Jango72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Feb 17, 2008, 5:13 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #93

    Well, seeing as I haven't re-primered mine yet, it couldn't hurt to hit it with the 600 grit prior to the primer. Then give it a light go with the 600 grit again before the final color is added, just to remove any imperfections in the primer coat.

    You want to make sure that before you layer on the Krylon chrome that your surface is a smooth as possible. Chrome has a tendency to show every single teeny little flaw like it was lit up in neon.
  19. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 17, 2008, 6:09 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #94

    haha. so are you using the krylon chrome spray or the krylon premium metallics? I was also thinking about the alclad2 paints, but i dont know. i also dont have an airbrush gun.
  20. Jango72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Feb 17, 2008, 8:57 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #95

    I'm going to try and get the Krylon premium metallics.

    I was initially thinking of using the Alclad 2, and I do have a basic airbrush. But I was warned by a fellow squad member, who's an accomplished painter, that the finish wouldn't be durable enough unless my blasters were purely for display.

    So I'd stay clear of the Alclad 2. I don't know what the cost is where you are... but up here I'm not spending $40 for a small can, only to have to touch up or repaint my blasters after every troop/event.
  21. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 17, 2008, 10:19 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #96

    gotcha. i just finished sanding one all the way and probably prime it up tomw. i think i am leaning toward the krylon metallics as well.
  22. askywalker98's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,673
    Feb 18, 2008, 12:33 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #97

    hey runJEDIrun, that suit is looking pretty awesome! I should have poked in here earlier! I have those same blasters, and haven't gotten them finished yet (still sanding/bondo-ing). Reading yours and Jango72's comments is helping me out on what I should be doing with these things. Just wanted to say thanks guys! And good luck!
  23. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 18, 2008, 2:22 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #98

    hey man, thanks a lot. I'm glad this thread is helpful to others in some way or another. Are you bondoing the seams between each piece? or just filling little ditches in the resin?
  24. Jango72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Feb 18, 2008, 2:27 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #99

    Either way, these babies wind up looking like they're more bondo than resin.
  25. runJEDIrun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    850
    Feb 18, 2008, 10:27 PM - Re: My Jango Progress #100

    This is where I'm at now. I super glued the trigger to the handle and flash supressor to the barrel. Now should i go get bondo and seal the pieces together? do i have to mix anything? or just apply right out of the can?

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Jango Progress
    By CaptJono in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: Apr 30, 2013, 12:13 PM
  2. Jango Progress
    By Steelblitz in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2008, 8:04 PM
  3. My Jango progress
    By kaijukilla in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 7, 2008, 8:33 AM
  4. My Jango Progress
    By tk-1191 in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 12:02 AM
  5. Jango progress
    By Jango 5204 in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2006, 11:51 AM