Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 9, 2005, 6:00 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #51

Thank you for your appreciation. It's always encouraging, especially when not everything turns out as planned.

However...
    Good news everyone!:
    The technique of Rednave worked pretty well on my knee armor.
    I also used the same method on the PVC shoearmor to fit them perfectly to the new shoes. The PVC gets bendable like a piece of thick rubber after one minute in the oven and can be formed exactly into the shape beneath.

Wouldn't it be for the burned skin that technique would be great to shape a roman centurions chest/belly armor piece (of course only if you have a sixpack-muscles shape )...

And as I hadn't got the time for some further progress with some pics, how about this new developed dart-armed shoe armor?
    Well, I guess, if you're unlucky while firing those darts, you'll hit some vital parts of yourself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strange shoe armor.JPG 
Views:	850 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	2981  
    May 9, 2005, 9:35 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #52

Lol dude your crazy! Almost 9 more days to go! NO PRESSURE!!! I'm jk man I'm sure you will have everything together just fine in time. Goodluck!
    May 9, 2005, 11:50 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #53

Wow, you're costume is coming along very nicely, very quickly! I look forward to seeing the finished product!

You said that your knee dart's bands are permanently glued? Does this mean you have to wear them outside your pants? I know it seems like a dumb, obvious question, but I'm curious if this is your intention.
    May 10, 2005, 8:15 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #54

8 days and NO PRESSURE??? wahahaha
    just kidding. I'm not sure about the jet pack, but finally I have all the materials and parts to finish my Jango.
    Although nothing is "really" finished yet, I think it should work out.

@ Skalen Fehl: Jep, they are originally intended to be worn above the suit. But as I'm already infected with that suspicous Seeker-virus, I will cut the band and sew a clip-closure to them and will wear them through a hole under the suit.
    May 10, 2005, 8:41 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #55

WOW! that vest came out pretty nice. glad those pics helped.
    May 10, 2005, 9:18 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #56

Thanx so much Seeker.
    You don't know how much it means to a newbie to get a compliment from the man himslef! :thumbup
    May 10, 2005, 9:40 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #57

uhw yeah!! almost there!!!
    May 13, 2005, 6:11 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #58

just as life sign, that I'm still around.

4 days left and still an awful lot of work to do.

The last few days weren't very productive. Tried to glue on the Visor, but it didn't worked well, so I have to do it again (I'm hoping that my nightmare won't come true ). The straps for the shoearmor I attached with glassfibre filler, but unfortunatly I didn't use enough hardener to reach the critical point of kicking off the hardening process... so another thing to do twice.

However I finished finally he tholsters and the boots and found the cardboard mainbody for the jet pack.

Tomorrow will be a busy day, with hopefully more things finished and new pics for you to see.
    May 13, 2005, 7:41 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #59

Hey Wasp, your costume is coming along very nicely. Great vest!
  10. Member Since
    May 2005
    May 13, 2005, 10:50 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #60

Man wasp.... that vest is ridiculusly awesome... you gotta tel us how you did that sometime.
  11. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    May 14, 2005, 5:48 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #61

The helmet comes from a recaster called chris hull,who used to work under the name of 'ozprops' until he got banned from ebay for not delivering,but now selling thru a pal of his called 'dakamOz".
    It's a 'filled in' recast of an altmann's.
    And,i know what you mean about the ears.............

pm me for more details,if you like,although,i suspect it's a little too late.
    Last edited by fettsupplies; May 14, 2005 at 5:57 AM.
    May 14, 2005, 6:16 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #62

wwhoooo keep it up Wasp!!! You'll make it!!!

wwhoo, gettin into the EP 3 feeling like this huh?
    I'm going to the dutch/belgium Line-Up here in the netherlands, 2 day event... kinda feel the pressure an stuff... I LOVE IT!!
    finished just in time though, you can do it aswell Wasp!!:thumbup :thumbup
    May 14, 2005, 7:19 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #63

Sorry no time for pics, but tomorrow you'll get some, I promise.
    As for the progress:
    Holster attached to the Rope belt and filled with blasters.
    Kneearmor straps modified with a clip-closure, and darts attached and filled.
    Shoearmor straps attached and glassfibred.
    Half of the T-Visor carefully hotglued into the helmet (man, that's a painstackingly slow process!).
    Some minor progress on the jet pack.

That's it for now.

By the way, thanx guys. I'm happy you like the vest. But much of the credit ows my mother as she did all the sewing.
    May 15, 2005, 3:37 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #64

..if hotglue fails, u could try to screw it on the helmet. CAREFULLY !!! and sand up the peaks.

but it isn't a good idea to do that after the paintjob....

here is a pic of my visor.

Name:	CamPic1.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	3107  
    May 15, 2005, 7:30 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #65

Thanx Francis. But I already hotglued it on.
    Today was a bussy one. Most time spent on the helmet:
    Visor finished, chrom painted, helmet patting to fit my head installed, keyhole grit attached (I like the grit version most, although it might not be screen-accurate), RF screwed on, earcap on RF glued on, pinstripes added, and attached the velcro for the leather gasket (not finished yet).
    Will do weathering tonight as well as for the knee armor and the gauntlets.

Attached also all the velcro on the armor pieces and the vest.

A lot of work went also into the overall, for which I'm very grateful to my gf as she still sits right now on it, sewing.

As I can't do anything Tuesday, tomorrow is the final day for big stuff, so it's very doughtful that the jet pack will be finished in time, although I decided, that if I can finish the building of it I will prime it with one overall coat of black and then silver and will wear it in silver for the premiere, as finishing the right paintjob just takes too much time.

Hopefully more pics tomorrow for you.

Name:	helmet.JPG 
Views:	748 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	3136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holster.JPG 
Views:	718 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	3139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoes.JPG 
Views:	738 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	3140  

May 15, 2005, 7:32 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #66

This is going to be good, I cant wait to see the end result.
    May 15, 2005, 7:50 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #67

Nice picture updates! Go Wasp go! Hope the reference pics I sent you are helping you out!
    May 15, 2005, 8:23 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #68

Looking pretty good WASP!!! That leather vest look awesome!!
    May 15, 2005, 11:03 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #69

just a second post before going to sleep...

Thanx fellows. I can't say it often enough, it's really great to read all your encouraging responses after a hard day of work on my Jango.

After working deep into the night (night it's 5am in the morning now! ), I finally finished my helmet including the weathering (which gracefully covered some paintjob flaws as well ).
    Many thanx to all the gals and guys who's knowledge in this forum helped and inspired me, especially BKBT and Francis.

also almost finished the Overall and the armor attached to the vest (many kisses to my gf for both) and the weathering of the gauntlets and the knee armor.

Enjoy the pics (although the quality is bad as usual ).
    Good Night/Morning/whatever...

PS: Marc, of course the Referance CD helped really a lot! I'm sorry I hadn't much time for ICQ lately. Anyway: THANX! you're great! :thumbup

Name:	helmet weathered front.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	3151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet weathered right.JPG 
Views:	726 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	3152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet weathered back.JPG 
Views:	736 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	3153  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet weathered left.JPG 
Views:	709 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	3154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overall.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	3155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vest + armor.JPG 
Views:	722 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	3156  

Name:	knee armor weathered.JPG 
Views:	716 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	3157  
    May 16, 2005, 4:04 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #70

..WOWIE

great job. i'm very impressed and i'm looking farward to see u wearing it.....

right on target :thumbup
    May 16, 2005, 5:58 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #71

TAATAAA!!
    I actually finished my Jango 1.0 today!
    Although the jet pack will not be finished till EIII, I reached the goal of this countdown, as a jet pack wasn't originally intended for my 1.0, but was added after I saw raptorarts.
    I'm sorry if you have to wait a while longer before you get to see it, but I want to post some high quality pics of the complete Jango instead of the campics.
    Also more details on the final costume, I will tell you later. As I have some familybusiness to attend till the premiere.

But as a small comfort for my TDHers, a shot from the jet pack in progress for you, just to show, why it takes so long and that I'm really determined to do the most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jet pack up to date.

Thank you all for all the help, encouragements and interest.
    Arno (now officially a )

Name:	jetpack grit.JPG 
Views:	681 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	3179  
    May 16, 2005, 8:29 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #72

AAH!!! ITS INCREDIBLE!!! YOUR AMAZING!!! JUST BARLY MADE IT DUDE!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS THING!!! Awsome JP for last minuet scratchbuilt!! Get those pics taken and UP!!! Once again, KICKASS!!!
    May 19, 2005, 3:40 PM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #73

yups, great work Wasp!! can't wait to see the whole thing put together!
    May 21, 2005, 10:09 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #74

FINALLY!!! I got the pictures!

Actually it was the first time I could see my Jango in his full glory myself.

To honor your patience and your encouragement throughout the countdown, now you finally get a bunch of pics of the finished Jango 1.0.
    Hope you'll enjoy them.

PS: a couple more from the E3 premiere in the Sarlacc Pit.

Name:	Untitled-8.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	3290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	3291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-9.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	3292  

Name:	Untitled-15.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	3293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-13.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	3294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-6.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	3295  

Name:	Untitled-7.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	3296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jango by night.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	3297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-10.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	3301  

Name:	Untitled-11.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	3302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-12.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	3303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-14.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	3304  

May 21, 2005, 10:40 AM - Re: My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!) #75

..GREAT

nice job.... great looking ur wearing it

applause