Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Nov 8, 2005, 1:03 AM - Re: most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jetpack ever! (pic-heavy!) #51

..RESPECT ! :thumbup you did it ! :thumbup
    amazing job !

how is the weight
    Nov 8, 2005, 11:55 AM - Re: most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jetpack ever! (pic-heavy!) #52

Thanx guys! It's really heartwarming to get such positiv reactions after putting so much work into the project so far (the bigest compliment may be Gonzos, as it's always a great feeling to exceed someones expectations ).

As for your questions:

@ Jango Uri:
    Yes, I sprayed the paint directly onto the newspaper without any pre-preparation.

@ Gonzo Fett:
    Probably it would.
    But then on the other hand, isn't PVC or fibre glass also quiet usable for "fireworks"?
    But honestly, I have more concerns about something like rain. But I hope with multiple covers of primer and paint, it will sustain at least a lil spray water.

@ Sean Solo:
    I didn't made specific patterns except for the big mainbodypiece which I copied to two other plates, but is due to the size, not possible to scan.
    As for the Blueprints, I used the ones I found here in the TDH forum (mainly those from Alain Sinclair, who did a absolutly terrific job on them). I don't remember the exact thread, but you should be able to find it via the search function as they were mentioned in several threads.

@ AdmFrancis:
    Haha! Now that's the right question!
    Also the measuring wasn't too accurat, it's about 1,5 Kilos.
    I guess that it will later, with the right rocketsection, the thrusters and several coats of papermache and paint in place, weight about max. 2 Kilos (I don't have any idea how much that's in lbs ).
    So it might be one of the lightest jp around and I really have to care baout not leaving it somewhere outside, while the wind's blowing, so the pack would fly by itself...

The next step will be further papermache coating and then I will start with the thrusters before I turn to the most difficult part, the rocketsection.
    But please don't be disappointed if progress is coming around really slow, as I have plenty to do besides at the University right now.

Thanx again for your interest and compliments. It's appreciated a lot.
    And if you have further questions, just ask them straight away..
    Nov 8, 2005, 6:40 PM - Re: most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jetpack ever! (pic-heavy!) #53

Dude! HOLY CRAP!!! That's amazing! It's like- It's just- dude thats- !!! AAH! That's just fantastic! You have done a great job. Did you prime it before you painted it silver? If you want it to take some water, I would advise you to clear-coat it.
    Nov 9, 2005, 5:19 AM - Re: most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jetpack ever! (pic-heavy!) #54

@ askywalker98:
    No, used no primer, as it's only a test painting which will be covered by further coats of papermache. But I will definitly use a filling primer before applying the final paintjob and yes, I think I will finish with a clear-coat.
  5. Member Since
    May 2005
    May 31, 2011, 1:52 PM - Re: most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jet pack ever! (pic-heavy!) #55

You did a really nice job on that jetpack! And thanks for mentioning my jetpack as well
    May 31, 2011, 2:38 PM - Re: most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jet pack ever! (pic-heavy!) #56

this thread is six years old. i'm not sure how relevant this information is any more.