Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A little Jango gauntlet project

From
    Porterville, California

A little Jango gauntlet project

Here's a small project I've been working on for a fellow member and his son. Hopefully they'll be happy with the progress so far. I know I'm having fun building them.

Enjoy,
    -Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc06223-jpg   dsc06224-jpg   dsc06221-jpg  

dsc06225-jpg   dsc06226-jpg  

From
    Okanagan Valley, BC Canada

Re: A little Jango gauntlet project

Nice work. They look great. I'm sure they will be appreciated.

From
    Livonia, MIchigan

Oh...They will be :thumbup :thumbup

Really a good job

From
    Porterville, California

Thanks guys for your approvals! TK2280, I hope your son will like em.

A little more progress on them tonight. I can hardly wait for the clear 5/16" OD PVC braided hose to arrive. I'd like to see what these things look like with mini blue Jango hose.

I'm also waiting for some silicone to arrive so that I can make a mold of the flamethrower unit seen in the pics. Then I'll make pulls with "feather light" resin just as I did with the ripcord unit to help keep the weight down. Right now each gauntlet weights in at 9.5 oz.

-Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc06229-jpg   dsc06231-jpg   dsc06232-jpg  

From
    Irvine, CA

Nice. You need to start making full size Jango gauntlets.

From
    Livonia, MIchigan

my son just saw the new pics and asked if he could get some for his costume I told him maybe if he keeps his toys picked up for the next 2 weeks

Account Deactivated The Sniffer's Avatar
    From
    Atlanta, Georgia

My Brother and dear friend. It amazes us how much time and effort you put into this. For you see my friend, this shows how you care for other Mandalorians on this board.

Sniff on my dear brother! Sniff on!
    And good job on the Guants!

Looks great! So when are you gonna make me a costume?? After all, we are family.

From
    Porterville, California

Thanks guys. I worked a little on the flamethrower nozzles tonight. They are tiiiiiiny. I'm also in the middle of doing a test pull of the right top shell in aluminum filled resin and then backing it with high density foam to see if I can decrease some of the weight added by doing the shells in fiberglass.

Foxbatkllr, I really wish FP would put his latest gauntlets into production because I feel his are the ultimate and there is definitely a huge need here.

TK2280, tell him Uncle Cruzer's got his back!

Thanks The Sniffer. Making stuff for the kids has always seemed more fun than it is work. And making stuff for other member's little ones works out perfectly since my son is at an age where he doesn't care to suit up much any more. I just feel those younger years need to be cherished because it seems like they grow up oh so fast.

littlebekahc, do I know you?

...just kidding lil' sister. Yeah these gauntlets probably would fit you...finish your degree yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc06235-jpg  
    Last edited by Cruzer; Mar 7, 2007 at 8:13 AM.

From
    Yakima, Wa.

Cruzer, I love watching your project threads. They were too few and far between there for a while.

From
    Germany / Aachen

Foxbatkllr, I really wish FP would put his latest gauntlets into production because I feel his are the ultimate and there is definitely a huge need here.

..i agree

Cruzer, you're awsome! If I beg will you make me a pair of cute tiny gauntlets? I almost need kid size.

From
    Chicago, IL

This man has some MAD skills.

what else can you NOT make?

Awesome stuff man!

From
    the OC

...you are all falling for it!!!...these are actually his personal gauntlets

Well the man does have tiny forearms........

From
    Porterville, California

You guys are funnnnny! And it was supposed to be a secret that these gauntlets were for me!

What's funny is these gauntlets are approx. 3/4 the size of regular adult gauntlets! So they just may fit some members here depending on their height and/or age.

Nevertheless, thanks guys for the comps.

Well, TK2280, I'm sure you are ready for these things. The hose came in yesterday. The outer diameter is a small 5/16" so it fits perfectly and dyed up nicely. I got the nozzles done and so here is the latest update.

If mini blue Jango gauntlet hose doesn't shout "CUTE!"...then I don't know what does!!

And last and most important...Dark-Side being the great guy he is has offered to make a left gauntlet missile that's scaled to these gauntlets. I'll be able to mold it and make copies available to everyone who has a pair of these gauntlets.
    Thanks Dark-Side!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc06266-jpg   dsc06267-jpg   dsc06264-jpg  

dsc06290-jpg  
    Last edited by Cruzer; Mar 10, 2007 at 7:56 AM.

OK how much??? I have to have a pair for my son!!!!!!! Any way to get a boba lefty??? Have to try LOL

Account Deactivated

Lorenzo,
    you gotta show a comparison pic next to a full size set.
    I don't think people realize how AWESOME THESE ARE

From
    Livonia, MIchigan

Thank you:thumbup Thank you:thumbup Thank you:thumbup
    They look great, My son is going to love them They will be the thing that makes the rest of the costume look good. I know I will get a ton of people at the Con he goes to asking about them.

Thanks again for all your hard work. I will be sure to post pics of his finished costume. I still have a bit more work on the bucket to go. again, thank you (thats my kid hug'n you for your hard work not me )

From
    Porterville, California

TK2280, you're to kind. I'm glad you like em though. I should have them in the mail by Wednesday. I still need to make a mold of the flamethrower and darts, and then pull your copies. The silicone doesn't arrive until Monday or else I would have had it done this weekend. Also, when the missile arrives from Dark-Side, I'll put one of the copies in the mail for you.

slave1pilot, thanks. I wish I had a full sized set. Maybe soon.

firstsonofsolo, that's a good question! This is the first complete pair I've made from the molds and I still have to make a few more molds of other pieces which will include a Boba style flamethrower (can be seen in the initial post) and ripcord housing (still need to make it). The lefty comes in a Boba style with the keypad area and has to be trimmed for a Jango (see pic below).

Once I calculate how much material and time goes into make a pair in kit form, I'll have a price. I'm currently experimenting with an aluminum filled resin and high-density foam construction for the shells to decrease the weight and get away from using fiberglass. One of my aims it to minimize the fabrication time so I can offer them at a very low price since they are for kid's costumes. However, this particular pair I sold to TK2280 for $125 shipped (hopefully he doesn't mind me saying this).

Thanks,
    Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc04005-jpg  
    Last edited by Cruzer; Mar 12, 2007 at 2:09 AM.

Yep I def want a set in kit form!!!

Hello all,
    I am newbie with all this, but would also be interested in the mini gauntlet for my son. TK2280 thanks for showing me this thread!
    Pleeeze show some completed pics when the costume is finished.
    thanks,
    Tuksido

From
    Livonia, MIchigan

looking forward to getting them again thank you

From
    Porterville, California

Here are the last of the progress pics I thought I'd share. I really enjoyed this project. I spent so much time on them I felt kinda reluctant to box em up and ship em off today.

I was happy with how the resin copy of the flamethrower turned out. It weathered up nicely. And by hollowing it out a little, I was able to decrease it's weight to 1 oz. less than the master.

I look forward to the next pair, so who's next?

Enjoy,
    Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc06325-jpg   dsc06328-jpg   dsc06331-jpg  

dsc06336-jpg   dsc06342-jpg   dsc06343-jpg  

dsc06348-jpg   dsc06349-jpg   dsc06351-jpg  

dsc06354-jpg