Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 8, 2008, 2:25 PM - Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #1

    Just got this little gem today.....WOW!!! truely awesome!! The fit is the best I've had yet, and this is my 3rd suit. I've got wierd measurements and something always needs to be altered, but not in this case. I will put a new velcro tab on the neck to close it a little more, but better a little big than too small. Enough room in the arms (had trouble with that before). You'll notice the Jango specific seams on the arms . Elastic around the back and I didn't split the crotch when I bent over I know the neck is different from Jango, I requested it that way, I don't like the split neck. I will dye it to get the color I want, I always ended up dying the suit anyway. Material is nice and thicker than others I've had. I'll see if I can get this thing dyed and get all the holes cut before Wondercon. Highly recommended for you Jango folks.




  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,176
    Feb 8, 2008, 2:30 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #2

    looks awesome and just in time for WonderCon too
  3. JangoUri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    857
    Feb 8, 2008, 3:53 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #3

    It's nice but you have to dye it. It's excesiiiiive light! It looks more like a boba suit than a Jango one
  4. sewbacca's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    216
    Feb 8, 2008, 4:21 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #4

    nice jump suit, can you get it already dyed? Whats the price on this?
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,300
    Feb 8, 2008, 5:17 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #5

    Thanks Jango!! I am glad it fit. As you stated, err on the side of too big, but I was hoping that it would be good for you the first time around.

    sewbacca,
    At this time, this is the only fabric we are using for flightsuits. It is 100% cotton and it is very dyeable. I have had a few people dye this sucessfully. We purchased an 80 yard roll of this fabric, because it is a very nice fabric, 100% cotton, and it is brushed cotton, sturdy, but comfortable. (Jango 5204 knew this before buying) I am sure if we run into such a great deal again, we may purchase an entire roll of a Jango color, but for now, this is what we have. We have a thread in the cargo hold with a waiting list, but it is closed, for the moment anyway. Carole/Arkady and I are trying to balance our orders this time around so we have enough to keep busy, but not so much that we will fall behind. Keep an eye out on the thread and I will open the list from time to time. If you have any other questions, you can PM me.

    Thanks again!!

    from Debbi and Carole
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,738
    Feb 8, 2008, 5:20 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #6

    Nice work, great looking suit.
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 8, 2008, 7:29 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #7

    Quote JangoUri said: View Post
    It's nice but you have to dye it. It's excesiiiiive light! It looks more like a boba suit than a Jango one
    Ya think? I'm going to dye it to the the color I wanted.
  8. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,300
    Feb 8, 2008, 9:08 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #8

    Thanks Jim!
    I hope your is working out fine for you!!
  9. sewbacca's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    216
    Feb 9, 2008, 2:47 AM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #9

    Quote LadySewforus said: View Post
    Thanks Jango!! I am glad it fit. As you stated, err on the side of too big, but I was hoping that it would be good for you the first time around.

    sewbacca,
    At this time, this is the only fabric we are using for flightsuits. It is 100% cotton and it is very dyeable. I have had a few people dye this sucessfully. We purchased an 80 yard roll of this fabric, because it is a very nice fabric, 100% cotton, and it is brushed cotton, sturdy, but comfortable. (Jango 5204 knew this before buying) I am sure if we run into such a great deal again, we may purchase an entire roll of a Jango color, but for now, this is what we have. We have a thread in the cargo hold with a waiting list, but it is closed, for the moment anyway. Carole/Arkady and I are trying to balance our orders this time around so we have enough to keep busy, but not so much that we will fall behind. Keep an eye out on the thread and I will open the list from time to time. If you have any other questions, you can PM me.

    Thanks again!!

    from Debbi and Carole
    Thanks for the info, I'll check the cargo hold and hopefully get me one soon.
  10. JangoUri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    857
    Feb 9, 2008, 7:45 AM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #10

    Quote Jango 5204 said: View Post
    Ya think? I'm going to dye it to the the color I wanted.
    Oh sorry I didn't read the text, I thought you weren't going to dye it
  11. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 9, 2008, 12:37 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #11

    All dyed. This is my third round of dye and washing. The first one looked like Jango Barney trying to get that purple tint. I'm going to airbrush some weathering to tone it down a little and of course wearing and sweat will eventually take it's toll. I just need it to fade a smidge.

  12. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,861
    Feb 9, 2008, 2:15 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #12

    Dude, that color looks pretty darn good!
  13. Foxbatkllr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,566
    Feb 9, 2008, 2:16 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #13

    Yeah I love the color too. It's nearly exact to the same color as my jumpsuit material.
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 9, 2008, 2:30 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #14

    I packet of periwinkle with some purple liquid. washed/ dryed it, and it was pruple. dyed it with 1 packet of royal blue, with a little bit of navy liquid. washed/ dryed and this is where I stopped.
  15. ItsThatGuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    Feb 9, 2008, 11:41 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #15

    Do you have more precise dying method? How much water and the exact amounts of dye?

    If not - I can understand that. Just kinda eye balled it and hoped for the best.
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 10, 2008, 12:14 AM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #16

    Being an ESB Fett, I really like the original pre-dyed colour! You just need to tone down that dyed blue a little to give it that purple hue, you're almost there!! Keep up the good work!
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 10, 2008, 1:03 AM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #17

    Quote ItsThatGuy said: View Post
    Do you have more precise dying method? How much water and the exact amounts of dye?

    If not - I can understand that. Just kinda eye balled it and hoped for the best.
    Half a sink of hot water. about 20-40 minutes.
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 10, 2008, 1:09 AM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #18

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Being an ESB Fett, I really like the original pre-dyed colour! You just need to tone down that dyed blue a little to give it that purple hue, you're almost there!! Keep up the good work!
    I'm going to airbrush some weathering this weekend and I know from my other suits it will fade with use. It's actually still has a purple hue. Believe me it's better than it was. This was my first attempt........."BARNEYfett "(I wasnt going to post this picture)

  19. Cruzer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,768
    Feb 10, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #19

    "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."

    I'm betting your wife has better photography skills?

    Looking good!
  20. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 10, 2008, 12:02 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #20

    Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."

    I'm betting your wife has better photography skills?

    Looking good!


    Yep, sure does, but she refuses to have anything to do with star wars.
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,176
    Feb 10, 2008, 12:21 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #21

    same here, my X-wife used to roll her eyes every time I ask her to help me with my costume or something Star Wars related. . when my son turned 2yrs old, I bought him the "galactic heros" set, she bought him a stupid Barney CD which I now use as a door stop in the garage
    Last edited by Bountyone; Feb 10, 2008 at 12:27 PM.
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,738
    Feb 10, 2008, 11:34 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #22

    Quote LadySewforus said: View Post
    Thanks Jim!
    I hope your is working out fine for you!!
    Yes, thanks.


    Lookin' great Jango 5204!
  23. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 11, 2008, 4:49 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #23

    Got all the holes cut, airbrushed some weathering on ....twice. I wanted to give a good outside light picture. Am I still on course?


  24. ItsThatGuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    Feb 11, 2008, 4:55 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #24

    Wow! Looks great!

    How did you do the slits/holes for the armor straps? The fabric looks stiff around them.
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Feb 11, 2008, 5:08 PM - Re: Ladysewforus Jango flight suit #25

    Iron on denim patches from the inside. I didnt want the fabric to fray. Some people say button holes, but they are too small and dont leave much room for adjustment. I did my previous suits this way and dont even notice the patches cause they are behind the armor for the most part.

Similar Threads

  1. Jango Flight Suit Run
    By Bleahhh in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2014, 11:33 AM
  2. Ladysewforus flight suit
    By cojake in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
  3. Jango Flight suit run
    By Loanstar in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2007, 12:18 PM
  4. POSSIBLE JANGO VEST & FLIGHT SUIT RUN!
    By Galactic Bounty Hunter in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2006, 3:56 AM