Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Aug 28, 2012, 3:23 PM - Kids Jango help needed #1

Hi everyone,

I am a long time lurker and new member and my 7 y/o son who eats, sleeps and breathes Star Wars, desperately wants to be Jango for Halloween and any other day for that matter!! I thought I could get away with ordering the deluxe Jango costume online but WOW it really is junk compared to the costumes I see on here. I am not that crafty but am willing to learn/do what I can to make this costume for him but I am totally clueless as to where to start. I did a search and looked through pages of stuff but I can't seem to find out what I need and where to start. I did see templates which I saved and how to make the armor from trash cans. (which I totally think I can do). My hubby is handy with stuff like this so he will be no help I want it to be as accurate as possible but I don't want to spend a fortune because he has a list of other costumes he wants me to attempt for him (Boba, Shadowtrooper, Stormtrooper) soI know I have my work cut out for me but I would really appreciate any help anyone can give!

Thanks!

Dee
    Aug 28, 2012, 3:59 PM - Re: Kids Jango help needed #2

The trash can method will work. I would recommend going by a sign shop in your area and ask them if they have any 3mm sintra scraps that you could by or have. Just google sign shops and you will probably be surprised how many may be around you. I did this and went in and told them what I was making. They gave me enough scrap to make two sets of chest armor. It is easy to work with and will hold its shape better than the trash can plastic.

Basically the trashcan plastic has already been heated and stretched so it will want to go back to that shape. The sintra will hold its shape better. With just a little work it will look like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Aug 28, 2012, 9:41 PM - Re: Kids Jango help needed #3

If you don't have a helmet I suggest getting a kid sized helmet from cruzer. And if you need any tips for painting it feel free to send me a pm.