Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jango Progress

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

Re: Jango Progress

Actually, I'd wait on attaching the holsters to thighs till you have them in the right position, otherwise the thighs will go with the holsters when you adjust them and be out of place.

Slowed down on the build lately but almost there. Mainly waiting for gauntlets and hardware to arrive. Acquired some JD knees in a trade wih resin darts some time ago. Made some shins myself since I had a hard time finding ones I liked. Both those armor pieces I'll upgrade later on.

Got my jet pack a few weeks ago and just about have it wrapped up. I didnt like that pvc plumbing nightmare holding the thrusters so I went another direction. Tapped some holes in the thrusters and threaded some 5/16 rod in them. I then I used about a 1" long piece of 1" PVC pipe for a spacer, and with a fender washer and wingnut, made them removable for storage in my tote. Did the same for the missle. Also added the light for the beacon from the one tutorial floating around here.

Colors look washed out in the pics, but in person the misting I did on top of the primary colors looks pretty good. Weathering doesnt show up that well in pic, so I may hit that up heavier, maybe not. Oh yeah, when I painted the black band around the large tube, it was the only painting I applied that didnt go directly over primer. The black paint reacted with the underlying paint and 'crinkled' up. It looks even all the way around, so I left it and named the pack 'krinkle.'

From
    Sweden

Looking great, but isn't the color of your vest wrong? Maybe it's just my pictures that suck, but isn't it a dark grey, and not black?

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

Looks gray to me. graphite to be exact.

It's my pictures that suck but my vest is graphite grey in color, as someone mysteriously guessed correctly. It looks just like the vest in that picture you posted.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

nice pack! great paint job Frank!

From
    Sweden

Steelblitz said: View Post
    It's my pictures that suck but my vest is graphite grey in color, as someone mysteriously guessed correctly. It looks just like the vest in that picture you posted.
    Ok, nice. Hope to see some good high quality pics later on.

Primarily just waiting on gauntlets now, with a bunch of little things to touch up still like replacing some loose snaps, weather the flightsuit, lose 10 lbs, etc...

And when a bounty hunter does not have his gauntlets.....he improvises.

Ignore the droopy jet pack for now, straps need adjusted still.

From
    Chicago, IL

Very nice!!!

From
    Sweden

lose 10 lbs
    I don't know how much 10 lbs is in kilograms, but good luck with that! On a more constructive note: The color of your gloves seems a little off.

The gloves are the Nordstrom gloves in grotto blue. I believe they are the most accurate mass produced gloves to date for a Jango and come highly recommended here.

From
    Sweden

The gloves are the Nordstrom gloves in grotto blue. I believe they are the most accurate mass produced gloves to date for a Jango and come highly recommended here.
    Yeah... they look so good... (meant in a constructive way, not a mean way)

From
    Irvine, CA

Lighting can make a huge difference.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

awesome jango bro

From
    So Cal

Frank: Fantastic build there, bro.

I can't tell you apart.

Last edited by Banzai88; Feb 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM.

From
    Sweden

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    Lighting can make a huge difference.
    So true... so true. So I'll hold my comments about the gloves until a wider variety of pictures has been posted. But from first glance, I truly do stand behind my original comment.

Anyhow, Jango rules so keep it up!

I've been slacking on my pics, so heres a pic of the Cruzer gauntlets just after tossing on the Dark-side parts last weekend.

Then today, got some pics together and submitted them for approval....

Some more....

One thing I desperately need to fix still is that the jet pack sags over a short period of time. The nylon strapping comes loose in the black plastic buckle between between the back armor and JP, and yes the straps are routed correctly through the buckles. Anybody else having a similar situation?

Some items I want to change in the future is to get one of the the dented helmets, and with that, I'll make sure the RF earpiece is on the down postiion, not up like mine is now. A new fligthsuit and vest is still a desire, and some new knees as these JD ones are not nice, alogn with replacing my homemade shins.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

wow! two completed jangos in one day! what are the chances. looks amazing!

From
    Porterville, California

Pretty freakin' sweet!!!
    You guys are making me have to fight the urge to do another suit with these sweet looking suits posted on the same day! Stop it!
    Hate to hear the pins on the gauntlets aren't working out. You can try sanding them down to make them slide better and then also adding some all purpose oil.

My pins slide in like greased butter In a... never mind, that was JD with the pin issue.

What I did for my hinges which worked to perfection was to after carefully giving them a dry fit and adjusting the gauntlets or hinges as needed, I marked where one side of the hinge went. I hit that one side of the hinge with the CA glue and after it dried, I stuck the other hinge on and the pin. With the gauntlets closed, I quickly threw some CA glue in on the area where the one hinge goes (it was folded over out of the way). I folded the hinge down over the glue and held it for a few seconds and had perfectly lined up hinges. I did go back later and filled in any spots arond thE hinges with some more CA glue and rounded the ends of the pins.

From
    Porterville, California

Ok, I've been around the fiberglass fumes too long. In his thread I suggested trying to get a pair of Asok knees to you! They're great for taller/bigger guys. Jango 5204 has a pair and loves em. Now time for some fresh air!!! Looks like you've got plenty there...lovin' those wide open spaces!!

But I made no mistake about it looking good!!