Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jango Progress

Jango Progress

Strated initially by getting a BKBT helmet partially finished and an SGB flightsuit and vest from the cargo hold early in the year. Dyed the flightsuit more of the correct denim/purple color and still have to get my wife to mod the vest by making the shoulder openings more vertical and closing the neck hole some.

My helmet was already partially finsihed as I stated, but there was two slight cracks coming down from the lower visor corners. Also, I didnt like how the visor opening and key slots were trimmed, so I wanted to redo those areas. On top of those reasons, the rest of the amro I started to rub-n-buff seemed twice as shiney as the helmet, so it had to be done.

I sanded the thing down and went to down with repairing the cracks, priming, sanding, wetsanding, priming, etcc... you get the idea.

Helmet when I got it:

Initial sanding stage. It was a bugger getting the ears off!! Note one crack area I made deeper on purpose. Later filled that in with resin and also reinforced the inside corners. This was on both sides of the helmet.

First coat of primer:
    Last edited by Steelblitz; Oct 28, 2007 at 11:29 PM.

Re: Jango Progress

After some rub-n-buff.

It's not quite the chrome dome look I've seen by some on here, but it suits me and has twice the shine compared to before.
    Last edited by Steelblitz; Oct 28, 2007 at 11:28 PM.

Got a coat of some ocean blue on yesterday and the helmet sits this way at the moment. Need to hit the cheeks and ear peices with the royal blue still.

Got the full compliment of BKBT armor not too long ago, except for the knees and shins.

Also have a Cruzer backplate that I need to redo the rub-n-buff on. (my fault at rushing)

Got this much finished with the foot armor, thighs, and shoulders to be redone later in the week. (yes I redo everything three times generally )

Got the material from Cruzer awhile ago for the girth belt, tackled that except for the staining to be done,

I can't really say look at this picture, because it just wouldnt be right , but I was trying on the bolo belt with the cod and thighs. The armor was held on with duct tape while I tried to take the picture myself, so things are out of place.

Yes, I shamefuly have the thigh armor on the wrong legs, this shows you what NOT to do.

I am also waiting on a set of holsters from Cruzer at the moment. Ammo pouch is next and the the gauntlets and jet pack are the next big items. The gauntlets and jet pack I may tackle myself knowing my propensity to make those types of items. You clone guys know what I mean.
    Last edited by Steelblitz; Dec 13, 2007 at 9:05 PM.

From
    Iowa City, IA

This is going to be one amazing costume my friend. You are well on your way. Can't wait to see the progress on the gauntlets and jet pack.

From
    So Cal

The R&B looks tight on those. Nice...

From
    Irvine, CA

The thighs are on the wrong legs. You need to swap them. Otherwise, looking good.

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    The thighs are on the wrong legs. You need to swap them. Otherwise, looking good.
    Yep, thighs are switched. Curve goes to the outside

From
    Canada

Lookin Sweet, hopefully one day I can start this project.

From
    Marana, Arizona

looking great, Im in about the same stage with the same armor and helmet...a lot of work that rub and buff

Jango 5204 said: View Post
    Yep, thighs are switched. Curve goes to the outside
    LMAO, I'm a dumb you know what!

Time to hide the evidence and delete said picture. :o I should have just stuck to clones.
    Last edited by Steelblitz; Oct 29, 2007 at 4:24 PM.

sewbacca said: View Post
    Lookin Sweet, hopefully one day I can start this project.

Didn't I just recently see you post a fantastic jango bucket you just finished working on? I think you motivated me to start posting some stuff seeing that awesome piece of work of yours.

From
    Canada

Steelblitz said: View Post
    Didn't I just recently see you post a fantastic jango bucket you just finished working on? I think you motivated me to start posting some stuff seeing that awesome piece of work of yours.

Yup, I did just finish the BKBT dented version, was fun and hope you have the same. Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to seeing your Jango come together which will be my motivation. I did just recieve Robeewankenobes Jango pouch and its pretty nice for a pretty price. So I'm slowly gathering goodies for my eventual Jango.

Havent made much progress on the Jango, but have been collecting parts here and there.

Made the foot armor straps today and attached them. Still have to weather the foot armor.

Havent touched the helmet recently but a couple of weeks ago I did get to finish painting it, t-nut'd the visor, padded, and added the stripes. I still need to weather it, screen the keyslots, and add a fan.

Holsters I got awhile ago feel better now that they arent empty.

I'm hoping to assemble the cod, girth belt, ammo pouches, and thighs this weekend with the chicago screw method I read that Jango 5204 suggested. MoW jet pack will be ordered tomorrow and waiting for the Cruzer gauntlets run to begin.

From
    Central, Ca

Sweet boots!

From
    Madera,Ca

This is looking impressive!

From
    Marana, Arizona

boots are very nice...i hope the boot run comes through...

Had my son take a couple pics to see where I was at. Sorry there grainy to all heck pictures with bad color.

I made myself a new vest last night. My old SGB vest had about a 2-3 inch gap between the collar of the flightsuit and the collar of the vest, so a new vest was needed to move the collar armor up, especially since I have a long neck. I also wanted to move my shoudler inwards about two inches on the old vest but need to do it another inch still on this new vest along with removing material inwards towards the chest around the arm openings. And then it's off to giving the vest a coat of SEM graphite for a more correct color.

Thigh armor is just wedged in place for now as I want to get knee armor first to get the distances right. Pic is so bad you can't even make out the bolo belt or colors. I did get around to attaching the bolo belt, cod, ammo pouches, and holsters as one assembly with chicago screws. Back armor is also AWOL from the pic as I have to change up the snaps I put on incorrect on the back armor. Other all that stuff, eveything needs weathered yet in the pics.

As far as parts still needed:
    -Mow pack is on order
    -Waiting for Cruzer gaunt run to begin
    -Metal accesories for gauntlets, leaning towards the entire lot from Fenixprops at the moment.
    -Need the largest pair of those Nordstrom gloves avaialble
    -Would like the supposed upcoming BKBT knee and shin armor but don't know if I can wait that long

Where did you get your flight suit from?

The flightsuit is of the SGB variety. I changed that baby blue color and dyed it with some RIT purple and denim color as suggested by a fellow Jango in my garrison, wannabeafett. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Altered the vest again this weekend. Took the shoulders in another inch but had to make whole new shoulder pieces when I did it. Also removed at least that amount for the arm openings, but it looks like I could have done it some more. It will stay that way until I get a nice leather one someday.

Also took some of the SEM graphite paint to the black vest following jango5204's lead here and that worked well. Weathered up the main body armor parts as well, minus the helmet, but might have went a little hard on the weathering.

Gotta have one pic posing

From
    Porterville, California

Looking good!

From
    Silver Spring, MD

agreed!

From
    Central, Ca

Looks nice. I would still suggets you move one or two notches on the rear holster straps to lower them a bit and let them move a little more forward.

Jango 5204 said: View Post
    Looks nice. I would still suggets you move one or two notches on the rear holster straps to lower them a bit and let them move a little more forward.
    I still havent forgotten that. Just did that tonight and may go ahead and fasten the thigh armor to them meanwhile. Still debating whether to lose the ten pounds I seemed to have gained as of late or remove the holster belt and fasten the rear holster straps to the girth belt like you did.