Strated initially by getting a BKBT helmet partially finished and an SGB flightsuit and vest from the cargo hold early in the year. Dyed the flightsuit more of the correct denim/purple color and still have to get my wife to mod the vest by making the shoulder openings more vertical and closing the neck hole some.
My helmet was already partially finsihed as I stated, but there was two slight cracks coming down from the lower visor corners. Also, I didnt like how the visor opening and key slots were trimmed, so I wanted to redo those areas. On top of those reasons, the rest of the amro I started to rub-n-buff seemed twice as shiney as the helmet, so it had to be done.
I sanded the thing down and went to down with repairing the cracks, priming, sanding, wetsanding, priming, etcc... you get the idea.
Helmet when I got it:
Initial sanding stage. It was a bugger getting the ears off!! Note one crack area I made deeper on purpose. Later filled that in with resin and also reinforced the inside corners. This was on both sides of the helmet.
First coat of primer: