Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 7, 2011, 4:07 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #51

Looks great man! Yeah, I sprayed mine with some brown gloss paint and it looks good. You did a great job on your girth belt! I am impressed.
  2. Mar 10, 2011, 9:38 AM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #52

Received my SEEKER Ammo Belt yesterday......AWESOME!!
    Mar 10, 2011, 6:12 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #53

Build is looking real nice.
  4. Mar 21, 2011, 10:31 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #54

Ok. It's been a while since I've updated, but I wanted to share some more. I've actually been working on Jango, but nothing more than sanding, filling, priming, repeating the resin Westars; they're coming along slowly, but nicely. Anyhow, I wanted to do something other than inhale sanded bondo and primer, as well as my wife has been discretely hinting that I have been taking up some prime realestate in the garage. Sooooooo.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0702.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	51749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0703.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	51754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0704.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	51750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0705.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	51748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0708.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	51752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0707.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	51753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0706.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	51751

Now, I've NEVER done anything remotely close to this, so please be kind. My Vader is on a mannequin that took NO building whatsoever. Some PVC, Toilet Paper Rolls (yes...TP), Paper Towel Rolls, old towels, and LOTS of Duct Tape! Kind of looked like a Battle Droid at one point.

As usual, what do you think (the mannequin, outfit, etc.)? Input is GTREATLY appreciated! Thanks...
    Mar 21, 2011, 11:12 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #55

looking real good. I love the shade of blue your jumpsuit's in
  6. Mar 21, 2011, 11:14 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #56

Verbal, Thanks! Believe it or not, in the sunlight it definitely has the purple tint to it.
    Mar 21, 2011, 11:22 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #57

even better I'm really amazed how by how you got that mannequin to fill in your suit. It must've been a hell of a lot of TP,lol
    Mar 22, 2011, 12:03 AM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #58

Looking good!
    Apr 10, 2011, 9:44 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #59

Hey obro- Cant wait to see more! Shoot me a buzz soon.
    B
  10. Apr 11, 2011, 10:17 AM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #60

Well, after no significant progress for a while, I managed to pick up some Cruzer cold cast upper armor to replace my budget plastic armor. After announcing that somewhere, Cruzer contacted me and asked if I wanted to change my gelcoat Back & Shins order to a CC set to match. Well, who could pass it up! I'm hoping to have my cc shins & back by the weekend. Additionally, I should be picking up a set of Cruzer's gauntlets with Darkside metal parts, from a TDH member down her in the OC; Cruzer confirmed that these were originally produced for Disney World, FL., but were never taken delivery of. So, a bit of a "story." I'll get pics posted soon. Also, if anyone is interested, I will be posting the budget upper armor in the Cargo Hold for anyone that would like some already RnB'd and weathered armor for a Jango or custom Mando. Talk with everyone soon!
    Apr 11, 2011, 1:58 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #61

Sounds like you are on your way. You have a similar path as I travelled. In the end I will be almost totally Cruzer head to toe, but thats not how it started.

Now if my vest and FS will get here I can suit up in my finished kit. The waiting is the hardest part.....as Tom Petty says.
  12. Apr 18, 2011, 10:39 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #62

Hey there Brothers & Sisters!

I just wanted to give a pretty exciting update (exciting to me): Received my Cruzer gauntlets this afternoon from Lewis (slavefive), and they are AWESOME! They were originally done for Star Wars Days in FL, but Disney never took them. They are fitted with DarkStar metal/alum pieces. I'll be switching to the pin closure method and adding the hoses. The end of last week I also received some Knee Darts from Mhlayne (they are resin and believed to be possibly ASOK). I'll shave the large pieces down and fit them to my Cruzer knees as soon as I can. Next, a couple weeks back I had the good fortune to meet up with Vegan Fett at a Prop Build get-together down here in So. CA and was set up with some of Cruzer's (there's that NAME again!) CC Upper Armor. Again, Awesome!! Well, thankfully (???) Cruzer got wind of it and gave me the opportunity to upgrade my then-current order for a gel-coated Back Plate & Shins to the Cold Cast. How could I say, "NO???" Those two pieces are now waiting for me at the post office, since I missed signing for them today by about 10 minutes. Finally, during the get-together I decided to fill-in the not-so-straight grooves of my resin blasters so I can do some potentially better details with a steady handed Dremel. Wish me luck!

Name:	Everything.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	52312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC Armor.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	52309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gauntlets.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	52311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kn Darts.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	52313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westar Ends B.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	52314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westar Ends.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	52310

It's funny (not sure my wife thinks so), but when I first purchased my ASOK bucket back in late Oct., it came with just about a 75% complete Jango. Since then, I have proceeded to switch out almost all of the pieces. I'll even be attempting my hand at making a Vest and Flight Suit! Dynamic and I agreed that it's easier to get pieces to serve as visual "placeholders," to make it easier to see what needs to be done, replaced, made, etc.

As always, any input and/or direction is ALWAYS greatly appreciated!!!
    Apr 18, 2011, 11:56 PM - #63

Mighty fine lookin parts you got there Jason! Cant wait to see this bad boy completed! Now dirty up those gaunts
  14. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Apr 19, 2011, 6:22 AM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #64

Nice! I'm jealous of all those shiny new parts! Looking good.
    Apr 19, 2011, 8:26 AM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #65

WOW Jason! SIICK parts.. Those gaunts are legit. Cant wait to see the pack as well, looks like your on your way w/ that. Great job man!
    B
    Apr 19, 2011, 1:18 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #66

Looking nice! Jango is my ultimate goal. Gonna try a Boba first
  17. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Apr 19, 2011, 1:52 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #67

Quote Ripar said: View Post
    Looking nice! Jango is my ultimate goal. Gonna try a Boba first
    -It's easier!
    -Really?
    -Nope.

18. Apr 23, 2011, 6:39 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #68

Well, the stars all aligned and I had the time, day of the week and the weather to do some significant work on my armor. I hit my new CRUZER CC Back & Shins with some 1000 wet/dry paper then followed it up with some 0000 steel wool. Though the upper armor (CRUZER CC) I recently acquired from Vegan Fett looked great and was weathered superbly, I like continuity so decided to hit all of it with some steel wool as well. It all came out great (I am still so amazed at how the CC can end up looking exactly like metal armor), but then, again with the continuity, I decided to his it all with some Mother's Polish to match my helmet. Here it is in the sunlight...

Name:	All Shiny.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	52457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back & Shins.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	52456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upper Armor.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	52455

It now needs my mediocre weathering (as opposed to Vegan Fett's superb job) then to be mounted onto the vest, once I decide what to do about that (vest & flightsuit).

As always, input, guidance & direction are greatly appreciated. Have a Happy Easter!!!

Jason
  19. Apr 23, 2011, 6:42 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #69

Nice New Avatar you got there B!!
    Apr 23, 2011, 8:18 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #70

Wow obro!!!!! That shine is nuuuuts!!! So the wool followed by the polish!? Is the polish safe w the cc? Jesse and I have been discussing the armor the last few days...let me know your thoughts man! And I knew you'd like that new avatar : )...looking amazing man!
    Apr 23, 2011, 9:03 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #71

Agree with dynamic1 there; I'm going to have to go back through on my cc and try for a better shine after seeing yours.
    Apr 23, 2011, 10:10 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #72

Hey Delta- Its never ending huh?! LOL!
  23. Apr 23, 2011, 10:43 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #73

I'm not totally sure, some others would have to confirm/deny, but I think the CC layer on the armor is significantly thinner than that of the ASOK helmet; so, the only thing to be careful of when polishing is not to let your napkin (that's what was recommended on the helmet....continuity and all. LOL!) get a crease in it because it will cause a line in the CC where there was more pressure. Does that make sense??? Trust me, you'll know it when you see it. If it does happen, it's not the end of the world because it just looks like battle damage; Jango was a Bounty Hunter for Pete's Sake!! LOL!!! I also neglected to mention that I did some light polishing with a Tiffany's Jewelry polishing rag as well. I just wanted to see if I could get any better results. I don't thing the rag made a significant difference.

Oh yeah, try not to get carried away and heat it up to much when polishing it. I think that increases the chances of creasing the napkin and streaking. The entire process took me the length of EPII: ATOC!!
  24. May 3, 2011, 12:29 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #74

Just a short update, as I haven't had a significant amount of time to work on Jango. I received the pin closure system from CRUZER. Aparrently these gaunlets were made before he started using this closing method; not too sure. Anyhow, I got the pin system in and it works like a charm. I still have to do some drilling as the grappling hook mounting holes are now partially covered by the pin housing.

Name:	IMAG0924.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	52798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0926.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	52799

I also managed to get the button and elastic attachments onto my boots and boot armor. I'll put a strip of black tape over the silver snaps (based on reference pics) to be more screen accurate.

Name:	IMAG0923.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	52800

As always, input and comments are always welcomed!!
    May 3, 2011, 4:02 PM - Re: Jango: My First "REAL" Build #75

Looks great Obro! Was the hindge system difficult to install?