Jango Hoses

From
    Severn, MD

Jango Hoses

Hey Guys,

Had a question about the hoses the connect the Gauntlets to Jango's shirt. I have a clear hose (with the white lining in it), that would be more suited for Boba. Do people buy a blue hose or do they paint the clear hose blue. If they buy them where can you find the Hose? I've looked around Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Hardware. No such luck. If people are painting the hoses, How are they painting them? Thanks

Izzy

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

Re: Jango Hoses

Use RIT dye, doesnt take very long.

From
    Severn, MD

Jango 5204 said: View Post
    Use RIT dye, doesnt take very long.
    What color did you use?

From
    Wisconsin

Sweet helpful. Just like stick the hoses in a bucket of water and dye and leave them for......how long? And yeah what color? Just blue?

From
    Oklahoma City

I used denim blue liquid RIT for mine. Yeah you are correct about the procedure. Get a bucket, fill it with hot water, add the dye, mix it up, and put in your hoses. Make sure you have some gloves because you want to pull the hoses out severaly times to check to see how they are taking the dye. You don't want them to stay in too long because they will just come out looking black.

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

I think it was just a couple minutes.

From
    Severn, MD

Thanks guys

From
    United States

Don't mean to hijack but I have a question for some of our Jangos here about hoses: I was wondering what some of you do to prevent the hoses from popping out from under your sleeve when trooping? It looks like I may have to modify my jumpsuit for my right sleeve. I'm very animated when I troop.

From
    OH

I have a parachute clip sewn under my second sleeve and the other end is attached (glued for mine, but somehow afixed) to the end of the hoses... you just run it up the sleeves and clip them together.

I'll try and take pictures (if someone else has some, please post yours)

From
    United States

TLobe00 said: View Post
    I have a parachute clip sewn under my second sleeve and the other end is attached (glued for mine, but somehow afixed) to the end of the hoses... you just run it up the sleeves and clip them together.

I'll try and take pictures (if someone else has some, please post yours)
    Mine is like that too Tony but when I get active, it sometimes pops out of the sleeve while still attached to the parachute clip/buckle. I was considering moving the buckle up and using longer hoses but that risks pushing my shoulder armor up.

thrax said: View Post
    Mine is like that too Tony but when I get active, it sometimes pops out of the sleeve while still attached to the parachute clip/buckle. I was considering moving the buckle up and using longer hoses but that risks pushing my shoulder armor up.
    If you have a jetpack, why not use a longer hose attached to the back (hidden) side of the jetpack, and run it under your overshirt through a buttonhole-type opening hidden by the jetpack? I would have to assume that the fuel for the flamethrower is shared with the jetpack, so it would be appropriate to attach the hose to the pack anyway, and running it over your shoulder and to the opposite side of the pack should keep it more or less in place when moving your arm.