Alright peoples, I finally got up off my lazy butt and put my Jango together. This is like a really early stage picture, and yes I do understand that I do not have all the parts even on the suit yet, but it is still something! The helmet looks kinda warped (thanks rubies!) but I've fixed that a lot last night by putting something inside it to push it out and try and keep it staying more ... Jango looking, heh. The armor is one of those crappy $80-$100 EBAY sets, I'm planning on upgrading the cod and knees first. I do not have a jet pack, gauntlets, ammo belt, or braided belt yet. The vest is made out of vinyl, I think it came out alright, but I need to fix the left side because the velcro isn't staying together as you will prolly see. The shirt is a blue t-shirt, put on over a long sleeved church-kinda shirt. I picked up both at wal-mart. the pants made out of some blue material I found around the house. The chest armor is all attached by velcro, so far that is holding pretty well. the velcro holds to the armor nicley, and it hasnt given me any trouble yet with sticking to the vinyl. The blasters and holster are the rubies set I got off of ebay. They are working pretty well for now. I will upgrade that way later. I havent done anything to the armor to make it any shinier than it came in that big 'ol UPS box. The leg armor is attached by putting peices of velcro on the armor, then sewing another peice of velcro to some dyed elastic, then just wraping the elastic around the leg and it holds pretty well. the knees are slipping because I havent done anything to make them stick to the actual pants yet. The boots I got for about $20 at payless. After seeing people pay hundreds on the boots with the hump or whatever its called on the outer side, I just decided to get some cheap boots. Besides, whos looking at the ground when they see Jango come around the corner! The helmet I padded a little on the inside so it fits snugger. I will post pics of the interior of the helm later. The VF is kinda "loose" and falls down all the time. I've temporarily fixed this with a little roll of sctoch tape on the back of it so its sticking to the ear, but if anyone knows a better way to fix this, I'm opened for any suggestions. I'm also open for tips on the whole deal.
Thanks for looking!!!
UPDATE: I noticed I didn't have any front on shots, so I got some! Here is a better view of the chest armor... kinda big... I will prolly be getting replacements soon. Sorry for the brightness. I didnt see that until after I'd taken all the stuff off and everything. I did these shots with a video camera, then took screens with my computer from the footage. You can see how i widened the lower part of my helmet so it looks better in the 1st new pic. So now it dosent look all big on the top and small on the bottom like the earlier pics.
*Hyperspace image removed*
Image hosting by http://www.photobucket.com FREE IMAGE HOSTING! Check it out!!!