Mar 14, 2008, 10:38 PM - Jango Fett vest armor plating #1

So, for my final project for my costume tech class, I have decided to construct Jango Fett's armor vest. The vest will be made out of pleather and the plate material is still up in the air. Which raises the issue:

I have been debating about whether or not to use thermo-plastics as the material from the armor plating is formed. I have heard mixed reviews about the stuff from sources around campus and I was wanting some further input. I have a very tight budget, so if anyone can think of any other material that is a) affordable
    b) effective
    c) workable
    d) reliable
    I would be most grateful.

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Mar 14, 2008, 10:44 PM - Re: Fett vest armor plating #2

Well, there are templates available on here where guys have gone and bought sterilite brand trashcans and made some nice looking armor from them. I think you could make an entire torso armor set for under $10 that way.
  4. Mar 15, 2008, 1:37 AM - Re: Fett vest armor plating #3

I'm making my armor from the wizard of flight template just do a search for wizard of flight. Here is the thread about the trashcan armor

good luck looking forward to seeing your progress.

Oya mando!
    Mar 19, 2008, 10:26 AM - Re: Fett vest armor plating #4

Took a look at the trashcan armor and I am thoroughly impressed! Will continue to show updates.