Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Jul 5, 2011, 10:54 AM - Jango Fett Armor Painting Suggestion #1

Hello,

I have been working on my Jango Fett for some time now. Im almost finished and I thought I would share with others something I discovered regarding the painting of the armor.

I tried three different paint colors in addition to Rub-n-Buff silver leaf and none of them worked well for me. Some paints were too dark, while the R-n-B never fully dried and was constatnly rubbing off on things.

My latest attempt was using a Rustoleum paint called Matte Nickel. Its in their mettalic line of spray paints.

I found that after painting the armor with Matte Nickel, then weathing it with black acrylic paint, followed by a clear coat, it delivered a very good result.

While my costume is not entirely complete yet, I did take it out for a test troop this weekend and I think the painting I used on the armor looked pretty good. It had that weathered, yet glossy look that was seen in AOTC.

I realize that this is not the only way to achieve the appropriate look for Jango's armor, I wanted to offer my experience to others as an alternative.

Regards,
    Chris
    Jul 5, 2011, 2:26 PM - Re: Jango Fett Armor Painting Suggestion #2

Rustoleum also has 'aluminum bright coat'...

These are both done with it (no clear coat):

Jul 5, 2011, 3:10 PM - #3

Impressive! Would love to see comparison photos against cold cast and RnB but looks pretty good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Jul 6, 2011, 8:35 AM - Re: Jango Fett Armor Painting Suggestion #4

Quote runJEDIrun said: View Post
    Impressive! Would love to see comparison photos against cold cast and RnB but looks pretty good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My helmet is a cold cast but the armor is not. After I painted the armor/gauntlets and brushed the helmet the two colors were very close but just a shade off. To maintain consistency I decided to paint the helmet rather than replace my armor/gauntlets with cold cast.

In my opinion they are very close to each other.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Chris