Jango Boots Alternative?

From
    Somewhere deep inside the Dark Organization Corps Base

Jango Boots Alternative?

Hello Everyone.

I am planning to go as Jango Fett this year, but I find that the most difficult part to find for me would be the boot itself.

In your opinion, which military or police boot would look the most similar to a Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boot? (I understand there are some features that may be somewhat difficult to reproduce from the original boot but I'm looking for a good closeup.)

Ever since the Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boot has ceased production a few years ago, finding one in size 13-Wide is almost impossible.

(O.K. It IS impossible.)

I understand Reinone has also stopped production of the Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boots, so a size 13 wide is also out of the question.

Trying to find on E-Bay, a Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boot that's a size 13 wide is like trying to find a needle in the haystack. (It would like trying to find a 7 foot Jawa or a hairless Wookiee. )

Unfortunately, because of my shoe size, I don't have much of a choice. A size 11-12 would be tight for me and can be quite painful to walk in. (I don't want to do a impression of the evil step sisters trying to squeeze in their foot into Cinderella's glass slipper. )

Many of the Police and Military boots in Law Enforcement and Military Surplus Catalogues are offered in size 13 and above. I think until someone makes a production run of a reproduced Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boot, I'm afraid that I'll have to make do with something that's close enough.

Yeah, I know...In all likelihood, some fans will probadly run up to me at a convention and tell me that "Jango Fett" is not wearing an exact "Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boot"...but I think that it would be even worse to limp all day, and see the foot doctor the next day because the shoe was 2 or 3 sizes too small.

Does anyone have any ideas which Military or Police boot would make a good substitute? Thanks.
    Last edited by Hakaider; Mar 6, 2007 at 11:06 PM.

Re: Jango Boots Alternative?

Keep the faith, this past time has a strange way of saying "Here you go!" I felt that same way when it came to Maul's F.T. Boots, but 3yrs later I have have them and boy does it ever fell nice to say it. So keep your head! oops bad Maul! LOL

Rudy G.

10,60 inches inside would be enough for your food?

From
    Edmonton. Alberta. Canada.

official SWAT work boots arent a bad substitute.

From
    Somewhere deep inside the Dark Organization Corps Base

Thanks for the tip and support.

I'll certainly take a look into the SWAT boots..