Jango blaster pistols by Rubies... good or not?

From
    Salt Lake City, UT

Jango blaster pistols by Rubies... good or not?

I realize that the very idea of using anything made by Rubies is heresy on some costuming boards and I prefer to stay away from them myself, seeing how horrible their Batman stuff typically is.

But it was pointed out to me today that Rubies made some 1:1 Jango blasters, and pretty decent ones at that. But at first glance I could already see inaccuracies with the flash suppressor and the trigger(not to mention the color scheme seems a little off).

Does anyone have these? Are there any other inaccuracies on them that I'm not seeing? Would they make good replicas with a little modding?

I'd like to know what people think of these in case I can save myself a ton of work on my replicas by just modding existing ones.

From
    Irvine, CA

Re: Jango blaster pistols by Rubies... good or not?

The handles are pretty dead on...in size and shape. The barrel is about 1.5 inches too short and the tip is obviously a little funny shaped.

From
    Pennsylvania

Honestly... For $15... Why not...? I'd grab 'em if I were you to use for the time being, until you can get something better.

Here's a weathered set that I did for my son. To make the barrels appear longer, I filled in the edge of the orange cap (not very well... lol...) and glued a beveled washer to the end, to make a new tip. I did have all the seams filled in too, but it kept cracking so I left it, thats why you can see the seam in some spots and not others.

From
    Richmond, VA

From
    Pennsylvania

Those have been going for like $700-$800 lately though... Just insane... Plus, if you aren't standing beside someone with MR's, nobody is even going know that you're blasters suck... lol...

From
    Madera,Ca

Devilstar2k2 said: View Post
    Those have been going for like $700-$800 lately though... Just insane... Plus, if you aren't standing beside someone with MR's, nobody is even going know that you're blasters suck... lol...
    Besides, I wouldn't want to troop with my MR blasters. Get them all scratched up and stuff.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

the resin ones are pretty nice and accurate.

From
    Massachusetts

ive got some resin ones that need a ton of work with bondo..im thinking of making new metal barrels for them and then attaching parts from the resin ones to that...i just don't know how im going to get it all machined looking and even...

From
    Silver Spring, MD

kropserkel also had a nice pair that i saw recently

From
    Salt Lake City, UT

Ah nice. I might get some and play around with them.

Does kropserkel actually make copies for trading? I thought he/she was just someone showing off their own stuff(dont know any better, havent heard that screen name in a long time).

I'm also interested, in someone casting copies of those MR blasters, like I mentioned in another thread.

The rubies look nice enough I guess but I'd eventually like to get something a little more high end. So I'm gonna hold out for some good fan-made ones.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

Jango_Pat said: View Post
    Ah nice. I might get some and play around with them.

Does kropserkel actually make copies for trading? I thought he/she was just someone showing off their own stuff(dont know any better, havent heard that screen name in a long time).

I'm also interested, in someone casting copies of those MR blasters, like I mentioned in another thread.

The rubies look nice enough I guess but I'd eventually like to get something a little more high end. So I'm gonna hold out for some good fan-made ones.
    some people in my garrison bought biker scout armor from him so i would assume so??

From
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I've contacted Kropserkel about the blasters, and was told that they don't actually make them. They said that the ones shown were specially made for a client... Master Replicas is my guess.

As for the resin ones, they're to my liking and I'm pretty picky... once the right amount of work's put into them. Here's my resin ones, all of the sanding, filling and other bondo work is done. I even shaved off the cast bolt heads and replaced them with real allen key style bolt heads.

All they need now is the paint job to finish them off right.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

nice blasters dude! I'm really excited to get mine this weekend. I will have to stay in touch with you about finishing them off.

From
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

If I can help you out in any way at all, just let me know. I put a ton of work into those blasters as they were in a sorry state when I got them. The barrels were mounted at an angle, and the paint was on so thick that it still felt tacky. I had to cut them apart and rebuild them ( both barrels were cut too short... one barrel was 4mm short, and the other was 6mm short. ), I spent a fair bit of time getting them to this stage. So a fresh/new set should be a breeze.

And before any one asks... yes, I installed the rings on both blaster triggers. They're not too bad for twirling as they're just a tad nose heavy. Just be sure to start your practicing while sitting on some cushions, then work your way up to standing.
    Last edited by Jango72; Feb 13, 2008 at 2:52 PM.

From
    Massachusetts

let mem know how you decided to finish those jango72...very curious as ive got the same ones...

runJEDIrun said: View Post
    kropserkel also had a nice pair that i saw recently
    I contacted Kropserkel at one time for their blasters and they told me they don't sell them and that there was only one set machined and finished as a model for the MR's that were eventually made.

At least that's what they told me.