Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Oct 20, 2009, 9:46 AM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #26

I have a quick question.
    If I were to print this out full size to get a 1:1 scale how big should I go? Could you maybe provide some reference dimensions that I could use to verify that I have plotted it at the right size?
    Oct 20, 2009, 12:23 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #27

Until I get the Arena templates completed and posted you can use the standard jetpack templates as a starting point: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=15447

Or you can use Skupilkinson’s Pep Arena pack templates: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=26905

My original templates are 15" wide (not including the rocket nozzles), but based on additional reference pics that have since surfaced I now believe that the standard Boba pack is 16 ” wide. Since Boba Fett is 6’ tall with medium build 16 ” wide seems to fit pretty well.

As for the correct size for a specific individual it really depends on how big you are. If you are 5’6” a standard size pack might be a tad big, as with the rest of the costume scale is very important. The actor that played Jango (Temuera Morrison) is only 5’7” so I suspect that the pack he used was scaled down to match his stature when compared to the one that Jeremy Bulloch used since Jeremy is 5” inches taller.

Just my 2 cents.

Alan
    Last edited by wizardofflight; Oct 22, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
    Oct 20, 2009, 12:27 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #28

Nice work Wiz
  4. Oct 21, 2009, 1:32 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #29

Quote wizardofflight said: View Post
    My original templates are 15 wide (not including the rocket nozzles), but based on additional reference pics that have since surfaced I now believe that the standard Boba pack is 16 wide. Since Boba Fett is 6 tall with medium build 16 wide seems to fit pretty well.
    Alan
    I think the design you have at the top of this thread will serve my needs a little better as I can use it for visual reference as well.
    So if I am understanding you correctly, the pack is 16 3/4" wide from the left-outside edge to the right-outside edge like I show in the attached image?
    Thanks for your help WOF. I really appreciate it!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oct 22, 2009, 11:35 AM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #30

Thanks Seeker!

Jedi_Outcast77 - Yes, the overall width as you have it shown should be 16 3/4" for a 72" Fett.

Have a good one.

Alan
    Oct 30, 2009, 6:32 AM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #31

Nice to see you back, Alan. Your templates have been tremendously helpful to me for the multiple costumes -- male and female, Boba-based and Jango -- that I'm working on currently. I've tweaked your helmet template a bit to more closely reflect the measurements of the originals whilst still being symmetrical, but I couldn't have done it without your work to start from. I'd be delighted to discuss what my researches have turned up, if you're interested. In any case, I plan to extoll your part in these costumes' existance whenever anyone asks.

In the meantime, how are things going with the home front? With youre recent uptick in activity here, I presume all is well with your son?

--Jonah
    Oct 30, 2009, 1:16 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #32

Thanks! Glad to be of help.

PM - Sent.

Alan
    Aug 22, 2010, 10:45 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #33

is it up yet or ya still workin on it?
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Dec 7, 2013, 9:17 AM - Re: Jango Arena Rocketpack (Stubby) Blueprints #34

I like this style of jet better then Boba Fett's. It does not get in the way meaning the big rocket.
  10. madgee is offline madgee
    Dec 24, 2013, 1:58 AM - Re: Jango Arena Rocketpack (Stubby) Blueprints #35

The original jet pack drawings were done few years ago and since then my reference library has grown significantly. So it was time to revisit these drawings. The originals were close and to see the differences in the two sets of drawings you would have to do an overlay. I am very pleased with this version.
    TOP RC Hobby
    Dec 24, 2013, 5:55 PM - Re: Jango Arena Rocketpack (Stubby) Blueprints #36

Actually I have been reworking these blueprints (see first post for updated drawings). I have made a number of changes based on all the new reference pics that have been made available, take a look an let me know what you all think.

Alan
    Dec 24, 2013, 10:04 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #37

Blue print looks outstanding Alan! Now just need a blow by blow tutorial on how to build the thing!
  13. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Dec 27, 2013, 3:57 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #38

the updated stuff in the first post looks great! any idea when you might be getting to the printable template phase of the rework? I am excited to build this!
    Jan 27, 2014, 11:22 AM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #39

are there any templates please?
    Jan 28, 2014, 3:11 PM - Re: Jango Arena Jet Pack (Stubby) Blueprints #40

As the jetpack has been completely redrawn I am still developing the templates, there are a couple of parts that I need to generate a 3D model in order to be able to extract a true flat pattern. Which is next on the list to be done.

Question for those Jangos out there what size would you like to see this Jetpack done in? I am thinking about 16" wide would cover most would-be Jangos out there, but I am open to what folks would like to see/need.

Alan