Subscribe
    May 21, 2012, 6:20 PM - Its Jango time! #1

I've been watching for a while, and its time to post I'm giving in and adding a Jango to the collection. He's just too awesome ... I feel like I don't have a choice.

Also hoping to start a Zam for the wife so we can troop these things together! I think we have our work cut out for us.

So, thanks in advance for answering my questions. If you've got any hints, tips, or items to dump let me know. Oh, and if there are any odd posts blame that on my wife using my account to dig through the Zam stuff
    May 21, 2012, 7:06 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #2

Welcome to the Fett club. I started with a Jango build. Now I am building a Boba. It is definitely an addiction.
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    May 21, 2012, 8:01 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #3

welcome and good luck

I'm waiting on soft parts for my Jango and then I'll get around to finishing it. been over two years now lol
    May 21, 2012, 8:01 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #4

Welcome man, here is the best place to get info and build a Jango costume, here is my Jango check out later, any info will be a placer to help you...........

Pictures by snowaure - Photobucket
    May 21, 2012, 8:13 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #5

FettFanatic said: View Post
    Welcome to the Fett club. I started with a Jango build. Now I am building a Boba. It is definitely an addiction.
    Thanks! I can defenitely see the "addition" side of it. After I built my clone I immediately made a list of a dozen other clones I'd like to build.... Going to need a second job if I don't watch out

Werstrooper said: View Post
    welcome and good luck

I'm waiting on soft parts for my Jango and then I'll get around to finishing it. been over two years now lol
    I don't doubt the time at all. So much detail in this. I've been scratch building some gauntlets based on templates here (thank you TDH for being good at documenting!) and I'm probably at 40% after 4 months. The soft parts are too scary to even start!

SNOWAURE said: View Post
    Welcome man, here is the best place to get info and build a Jango costume, here is my Jango check out later, any info will be a placer to help you...........

Pictures by snowaure - Photobucket
    Thanks for the link! And....bookmarked. It seems like I have 1000 reference pics I've been compiling and am still missing a few views... I'm up for the challenge!
    May 22, 2012, 12:53 AM - Re: Its Jango time! #6

There aren't too many of what consider to be soft parts on jango: flightsuit, balaclava, and gloves. The hard parts are pretty obvious. But all the leather I consider to be their own category, and theyre the trickiest of the entire build. The vest, holster, birth, and ammo belt, unless you know your stuff with leather I would suggest that you source those parts from various makers here.
    May 22, 2012, 6:25 AM - Re: Its Jango time! #7

I know you from ct.net!

Welcome!
    May 22, 2012, 7:13 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #8

clonecollector said: View Post
    I know you from ct.net!

Welcome!
    Yes you do! You look a little less white and grey in your pic here

Your Boba pics are fantastic, by the way!
    May 22, 2012, 7:20 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #9

saint_nasty said: View Post
    There aren't too many of what consider to be soft parts on jango: flightsuit, balaclava, and gloves. The hard parts are pretty obvious. But all the leather I consider to be their own category, and theyre the trickiest of the entire build. The vest, holster, birth, and ammo belt, unless you know your stuff with leather I would suggest that you source those parts from various makers here.
    - True on the soft parts. After reading all of the posts about flightsuit color it makes me a little nervous though.
    - I do have some skills with leather (grandfather was a cobbler/saddlemaker east of you in Miles City!) and am excited to do those.
    - I've also been toying around with making a helmet and the cheek angles are giving me a fit. Seems like every pic I look at makes me change my mind. Defenitely going to source the armor - I won't be able to get the good curves and depth that I see on the best Jango's on here with my skills in that area!

Can you tell I'm jacked about this?
    May 22, 2012, 8:07 PM - Re: Its Jango time! #10

Don't worry about the color. You are just looking for a good blue purple color. You can go on the RIT website and look at a lot of different colors. Another place to look is Dharma Trading Company. They make a ton of different colored dyes that are very nice.