An Interesting Find?

An Interesting Find?

Hey guys and girls I need your help with something, I recently agreed to paint up an ESB Boba helmet for a good friend of mine, he'd seen my collection of props etc and really wanted something of his own, he told me about this cheap fett helmet he got on ebay I think it was something like $150 anyways when I saw it I immediately said to him, thats a Jango helmet and I THINK its a recast of the ILM bucket, can anyone help me out here, Ive added a pic but interestingly enought the kit came with a borden connector which goes on bobas cheek, I wanted to know for sure if hes got a recast of the ILM bucket as I know there are a few floating around, its not a terrible casting but there are a few areas where it needs work, any help is appreciated greatly, onto the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010153-jpg  

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Re: An Interesting Find?

Get a side view shot of the left side earcap set up, if it has the single bar that runs vertically, thats a tell tale sign its the ILM jango.

It does have that yeah, a bar running up the side and then a semi circle at the top that the ear section sits flush with, where as boba helmets are usually just flat, hmm thanks for that

like this, sorry about the bad photo, and this is where ive just started cleaning it up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010154-jpg  

I have no doubt. It's a Jango Cast helmet. I had a Jango Screen Cast helmet in my hands and yes, it's one of them
    Same angles, same details...

No doubt, it's a Jango screen cast helmet

Thanks alot guys I was fairly sure but wanted to get your opinions, Id better give my friend the news

From
    Irvine, CA

No doubt, that's a Jango helmet.

Yep, its a shame he couldnt have 'accidently' gotten one of those lovely FP cold cast helmets

From
    Irvine, CA

I'm guessing that helmet came from Australia from an ebay user exentric01 or bent10_4.

I can check on that, I know it was listed as a 'Boba Fett Helmet Kit Empire' couldnt be further from that really

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Ive got one of Bentleys helmets... a bit large for me so im getting my hands on a DP '95 and keeping mine as a display piece. The ILM's are a nice piece...

From
    Perth, Western Australia

oh and saying that, that one up there is definately one of those.... heres my pic..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture-897-jpg  

Ah ha thats it! I will say one thing though I had to pretty much rebuild the rangefinder earcap, it was a pretty bad casting, I will start up a thread soon as Im going to do this as a Jango, my friend alex has decided he actually prefers Jango now so its all worked out ok, I may need some Rub N Buff advice though!

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Sweet, be good to see someone doing the exact same helmet, it will give me ideas on what to do with this one. I got mine with a dent put in though, but still an ok helm... my earcar need a bit of work to.. quite a bit of bubbling... :s