how to lighten a flight suit ?

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

how to lighten a flight suit ?

I bought some Dickies coveralls and they're dark navy. How do I lighten them up so they'll match Jango's color? Thanks.

From
    Porterville, California

Re: how to lighten a flight suit ?

If they're the polyester/cotton blend coveralls then you won't be able to lighten them to anything close to that color. I know cuz I had a pair and even washed them with a gallon of bleach with no luck. All I was able to achieve was a very slight fading to the navy blue. But if you have any luck using something else, let us know.

If you want something close in a premade coveralls you'll have to get a pair of Red Kapp coveralls. Postal blue I think is the closest color they make.

Hope this helps,
    Cruzer

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Cruzer said:
    If they're the polyester/cotton blend coveralls then you won't be able to lighten them to anything close to that color. I know cuz I had a pair and even washed them with a gallon of bleach with no luck. All I was able to achieve was a very slight fading to the navy blue. But if you have any luck using something else, let us know.

If you want something close in a premade coveralls you'll have to get a pair of Red Kapp coveralls. Postal blue I think is the closest color they make.

Hope this helps,
    Cruzer
    Thanks Cruzer. I was talking this with Chris Hiett at my Bloomington, IN Hallmark Keepaske Ornament Premiere event this past Saturday. We were talking about it looks like a younger Jango Fett. Do you know if there's any books, info. that details Jango's earlier life? Thanks.

From
    Porterville, California

I only know about the Open Seasons #'s 1-4 comic book series (should be available on ebay). But in his earlier years in those, he's seen in a dark grey flightsuit. Only reason I know is because we own them and I'm almost finished converting what was my Ep2 Jango into an Open Seasons #3 Jango.

I actually have a pair of Red Kapp postman blue coveralls in my extra's bin. It's been washed about a half dozen times so it's got a good faded look to it, and I would have to say that in an already-made coverall it does make a good flightsuit.

When I first got into this I started out the same way you did but eventually ended up making my own flightsuit. If I had to go back and do it over again though, I would have saved myself a lot of time and frustration by purchasing a jumpsuit from Bobamaker or Skygunbro...and it probably would have cost about the same amount of $$$.

Hope that helps too,
    Cruzer
    Last edited by Cruzer; Jul 21, 2006 at 11:14 AM.

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Cruzer said:

Hope this helps,
    Cruzer
    Cruzer you're right. I talked with Robbie Stanton, costumer @ IU and he agrees.

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Cruzer said:
    I actually have a pair of Red Kapp postman blue coveralls in my extra's bin. It's been washed about a half dozen times so it's got a good faded look to it, and I would have to say that in an already-made coverall it does make a good flightsuit.
    Hope that helps too,
    Cruzer
    Cruzer, I left you a pm about the coveralls.

I, too, have a dark blue Flight suit all made, with the extra sleeves and all....its just 2 tones too dark.....

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Bleahhh said:
    I, too, have a dark blue Flight suit all made, with the extra sleeves and all....its just 2 tones too dark.....
    Is it a polyester blend? If it is you can bleach it several times and it will lighten a little.

From
    Utah

Your local uniform supply store should have Red Kap jumpsuits for mechanics, etc. It is called postal blue. You can also check here:

http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Me...ategory_Code=C

This is what I used and it is works really well. I bought an extra lab coat of the same color and cannibalized it for extra sleeves and material.

http://home.comcast.net/~elenem91/BH4246_28.jpg

jangofett76 said:
    Is it a polyester blend? If it is you can bleach it several times and it will lighten a little.
    ahh...but how would i know if it is!!

From
    Bloomington, Indiana

Bleahhh said:
    ahh...but how would i know if it is!!
    Does it have a label?