Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 16, 2003, 3:04 PM - How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #1

I noticed this topic in the general information forum about Boba but what about Jango? Does anyone have any suggestions on what physical things to do in order to really be true to the character? I realize half the time he has his helmet off but that doesn't work for those of us who don't look like Temeura

I did a search and didn't see this topic on Jango so if it's been discussed before, sorry, but this is such a huge part of costuming I thought I'd see what everyone thought
    Apr 16, 2003, 3:28 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #2

obiwan2 wrote:

I realize half the time he has his helmet off but that doesn't work for those of us who don't look like Temeura
    My wife wishes I did!
    Apr 16, 2003, 3:43 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #3

You seek... SEEKER -
  4. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 16, 2003, 4:10 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #4

Well, I mean really we don't have as much to base the character off of as Boba (especially since we know Jeremy based the character off of Clint Eastwood) and I know a lot of members here have nailed some of the poses but what about the overall presentation...
    Apr 16, 2003, 6:26 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #5

I've wondered about this same subject myself.

As long as I'm able to pull off the blaster spin and
    actually get it in the holster without dropping it, I'll be happy.
    That's one of my favorite Jango moments.

You're right though, there's not much to base it on.

One thing I've noticed... he always has his arm straight
    when firing a blaster. And if he's only firing one blaster
    he always uses his right hand.

darksidedesign
    Apr 16, 2003, 6:36 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #6

Darkdesighn, you mean like this

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/new41.jpg>
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 16, 2003, 8:17 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #7

Exactly! You definitely brought up some good points. And of course yes Seeker you have the pose down perfectly But other than those few things and the classic pose of letting your arms hang down with fists closed over the blasters, I'm really not sure what else there is to portray Jango accurately
    Apr 17, 2003, 3:28 AM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #8

I think if you just wander around a la the headless horseman, you should have it down.
    Apr 17, 2003, 8:47 AM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #9

I noticed this thread for Boba, and have yet to respond. My personal observation while wearing Mandalorian armor is to just take slow deliberate steps, head slightly tilted forward.

When turning to look at someone, do it slowly. It will convey an aura of menace without even trying!

Standing at rest w/ hands on blaster, or in the case of Jango, both hands crossed, or rather arms folded works well.

If you just turn your head, as if scanning the room, while not moving your body, it creates a nice effect too.

Your body language needs to suggest that the armor you're wearing feels like you live in it...

You'll also need to fasten two straws together, w/ one being a bendy straw, to drink out of anything...

It's a helluva way to drink a beer, but it's the Mandalorian way!!

Apr 17, 2003, 8:52 AM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #10

That's it!!! You da man, Seek!

darksidedesign
    Apr 17, 2003, 12:27 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #11

One thing good about Jaster, is I made up my own version of Walking in full Jaster suit. Have an edge look, always stare at people with the :evil stare, always have your hand on your Sidearms, & have a calm but edgeish look works for me, I've been practicing - people say it looks creepy & awesome at the same time, but this is Jaster don't forget -
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 17, 2003, 3:54 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #12

So do you guys think that the slow movement etc. is a characteristic for all Fetts rather than just Boba?
  13. Vec Toryn
    Apr 17, 2003, 4:45 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #13

Quote:You'll also need to fasten two straws together, w/ one being a bendy straw, to drink out of anything...

It's a helluva way to drink a beer, but it's the Mandalorian way!!

I was w/ya up until this one.

Apr 17, 2003, 6:16 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #14

obiwan2 wrote:

So do you guys think that the slow movement etc. is a characteristic for all Fetts rather than just Boba?
    Jango doesn't seem like a "slow movement" type of guy.
    IMHO, Boba and Jango seem very different.

Unlike Boba, most of Jango's moves are rather quick.

One of the best insights into Jango's character occurs
    when he is unmasked, during his chat with Obi-Wan.
    He must know that Obi-Wan can see right through him,
    and yet he steps forward and gets right up in his face.
    Any normal person would feel uncomfortable in that
    situation. Not Jango, he fearlessly turns the tables.

I'm not saying that to portray Jango you need to get in
    people's faces, just thought I'd point that out.

darksidedesign
  15. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 17, 2003, 7:32 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #15

Perhaps deliberate in movement is more accurate.
    Apr 17, 2003, 7:58 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #16

I'm pretty sure the proper way to portray Jango is to wear a fluffy foo foo thing and no shirt. Wait, wrong character...
    Apr 17, 2003, 9:24 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #17

Such is Mango!!!

darksidedesign
  18. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 17, 2003, 9:47 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #18

Hmm, now that would get quite an interesting reaction if I did that
    Apr 17, 2003, 9:54 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #19

Why not test it out? C'mon, Try it! Try it!...Oh, and don't forget the pics! J/K, Mirax!

20. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 18, 2003, 12:08 AM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #20

21. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Apr 18, 2003, 10:09 AM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #21

Kind of hard not to be slow and deliberate in that helmet. Boba is a clone of Jango I imagine a lot of traits would be simmilar.
  22. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 18, 2003, 11:27 AM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #22

Most of the time we see him, he's just standing there watching everything with his helmet off, but note that he's always ready to move in if needed. Very good point about him being up in Obi's face on Kamino....he's definitely a man without fear. But otherwise, most of the time he's fighting. I know some people in the past have said he's more of a John Wayne. That does help describe his fighting style a little more but talking slow and talking low isn't Jango-like lol.

I don't know, moving slow and Boba-like would be ok for Jango. I think it would work and it would look cool. But I don't know if that's Jango's style really. It sorta is and it sorta isn't. Deliberate in movement sounds like a good way of describing him, Mirax. He doesn't seem to move around much at all unless he needs to. Even when talking to Zam, I think he stays in the same spot or at least general area.
  23. Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Apr 20, 2003, 11:16 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #23

I concur, deliberate is a better word than slow. When does Boba actually move slowly anyway? Not when he's walking through the halls of Bespin. When he turns away from Vader, he moves pretty quickly. He moves at a moderate pace in the SE, even in Jedi...the only "slow" movement he makes that I remember offhand is when he looks at Lando as Han is being tortured. And that's why it stands out so much, it's the only slow one. If you move around slowly, as either Fett, you're just gonna look tired, or like you can't see so well and are unsure of your footing...which may be the case. Jango does move pretty quickly, especially in fights. He's up on his feet a lot faster than anyone wearing that armor could do it, and he's aiming, and he's jumping, flying, kicking, etc. So, he seems to be a lot more physical. Also, and this is probably somewhat true about Boba, he would seem to really command a room. He's there, and his presence is very apparent. Even in the cut scene with the poncho thing, he just has that presence, even without the helmet. And boba has that even in his first scene in Empire, without moving at all. They just have this presence I guess...hard to describe obviously. But in order to play either Fett, keeping in mind "I must move slowly" I believe is the wrong way to go. Deliberate, again, is a better description. You don't have to move a lot, but don't take your time when you do.
  24. Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Apr 21, 2003, 8:30 PM - Merged: HOw to be Jango? #24

dude. i just saw the how to be boba, damn that was realy intersting, im not doing a boba, so could i have some ideas on jango? i no there at least alittle different, like how jango freely takes off his helmet, and his fighting styl and stuff. thaks
    matt
  25. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 21, 2003, 10:58 PM - Re: How do you play the part of Jango Fett while in costume? #25

My two cents on this. I see Jango like some old west bad ass gun slinger. the way he walks is like he is ready for a shoot out. When I go out as Jango I always have that one twichy hand like Im ready to draw down on you. when standing I make it a point to always have my hands resting on the pistols again like ready for a draw down. the poses from the movie of course can be copied but I think it's more than that. Jango to me seems to be both stand offish and quite and yet at the same time he seems to be saying by the way he is standing or what not "come on F-with me buddy" Well that is my two cents on it.