Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Aug 13, 2013, 5:51 PM - Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #1

I am having the hardest time finding these that are not the Master Replica ones.

Anyone know of a crafter that can make these for a reasonable price?

Thank you
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Aug 13, 2013, 6:03 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #2

Rubies?
    Aug 13, 2013, 6:55 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #3

The MRs are expensive, but they are worth it if you decide to go that route. The rubies aren't very accurate especially the end of the barrel which is too big. There are some resin ones on eBay from time to time. The quality varies. They can look good with a little work.
    Aug 15, 2013, 8:52 AM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #4

Cruzer here one the forum has done at least one run of hiqh quality Jango blasters.
    Don't know if he still offers them, just try and shoot him a PM.
    Oct 6, 2013, 4:38 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #5

i need buy jango blasters i ask to cruzer and he tell me that he dont make blasters
    somebody knows who make jango blasters?
    send me a private mail thanks
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Oct 7, 2013, 1:13 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #6

same question guys, I cant find anywhere on the forum that shows were I could get a set of the Westar 34 blasters.
    I contacted cruzer and he told me he don't make them anymore
    Oct 7, 2013, 2:00 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #7

You can sometimes find a set of resin blasters on ebay. Just keep your eyes open.
    Oct 7, 2013, 6:48 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #8

My molds of the MR blasters wore out a long time ago, but it's just a matter of someone making new molds. I've been asked a few times now so I can see if I can find time, but no promises.
    Oct 8, 2013, 12:37 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #9

That would be Legen....wait for it..... dary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 17, 2013, 2:25 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #10

I have been looking for a set for over a year. I continue to use my MR's to troopin, but they are starting to show signs of wear and I would love to retire them back into their display box- SO if anyone is considering making these I would still be interested.
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 17, 2013, 9:08 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #11

Sorry if I'm breaking rules about other peoples threads, sales, or auctions...I was just peeping on ebay and someone has a set of aluminum Jango blasters for like $250 with a buy it now. I don't think they are MR's. I have no idea what they are. Star Wars Jango Fett Blaster Pistol Gun Prop | eBay
    Dec 6, 2013, 5:30 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #12

Was looking at the resin kit on Amazon.com...anyone know anything about them? Always hard to tell it is what you're going to end up with.
    Dec 6, 2013, 6:13 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #13

I think that given the fact we have outstanding complete and thorough Drawings by WizardOfFlight, there's no reason we can't find a reputable company that does machining, I think especially if done in the form of a run, it would be our best bet. A few years ago I attempted and almost got a local business to do so, but they backed out on account they didn't feel their tools were adequate for the job
  14. Dec 6, 2013, 8:58 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #14

I just had a quote from an engineering business here, based on the templates provided here and they estimated between $800-$1000 AUS per pistol!!!!
    So I am still looking too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dec 6, 2013, 10:22 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #15

Wow! That's an amazing amt of cash! While I could eventually save and buy something like that, think I'll go with modified toys or resin counterparts. Now if someone could eventually make some aluminum ones for around the $300 point I'd rethink that....
    Dec 6, 2013, 11:54 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #16

syllander said: View Post
    Wow! That's an amazing amt of cash! While I could eventually save and buy something like that, think I'll go with modified toys or resin counterparts. Now if someone could eventually make some aluminum ones for around the $300 point I'd rethink that....
    I used to own a set of MR westars (really regret selling them) and the machining on the barrels themselves wasn't all that complex at all. It was cool how they had the inner brass pipe holding the whole thing together. I was planning on remaking the grips in stainless (which looks the perfect shade of gray when against aluminum) for the ones I had but never got around to it when I owned them.The grips would be a real PITA to hold onto for machining and would undoubtedly require multiple fixtures unless you had access to some serious multi-axis toys. When it comes to making this type of stuff, considering all the work that goes into them from designing in CAD, to programming and setting up the machines etc, and then the time it takes to cut them, the only way to keep cost down is to produce a BUNCH of them at a time. This is just a ballpark guess, but you'd probably need to commit to produce around 30-50 sets of blasters to get even close to the $300 mark, if they were all metal (Alu & SS). Having resin grips would lower that price significantly, but you'd still need to produce quite a few of them.
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Dec 7, 2013, 8:56 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #17

i'm going to a machine shop to have the fan made ones i bought off ebay to get them more screen accurate using WOF's prints going to get the grips machined as well using solid brass stock in the middle instead of tubing yeah they'll be heavier but harder for a kid to pull out
  18. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Dec 8, 2013, 5:31 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #18

Not sure if it helps but here are some pics and descriptions on how I machined up some of the tricky parts of the westers.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/j...chbuild-37336/
    Dec 11, 2013, 12:08 AM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #19

Westarsmith was making metal ones.
  20. Dec 11, 2013, 12:32 AM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #20

I have found Alluminium and brass barrels available through evolution props, along with the trigger and base plate for the grip at a fairly reasonable price!! Anyone seen these before? I was thinking of ordering a set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Dec 11, 2013, 2:35 AM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #21

Do we know if these blasters were custom made or from found parts?
    The grip and the barrel look similar to some compressed air tools and the knurled part at the rear looks like the air feed adjuster on those tools.
    The grip in particular looks like a very complex piece of work which if I was a prop builder I would try and use a found part for if I could.
    Dec 11, 2013, 12:30 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #22

I really believe that the blasters were custom made for the film entirely. A film that relied heavily on CG for showing the clone forces I don't think would have spared an expense on Jango's suit since they re-did the entire armor/helmet and suit compared to that of Boba's.

I could be wrong, but IMO, I believe they were entirely custom fabricated.
  23. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Dec 11, 2013, 1:30 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #23

Were the film blasters all aluminium? if so it may be worth having a load of grips cast, then polish up the resulting castings.
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Dec 11, 2013, 4:47 PM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #24

from research the blasters were custom fabricated their not all aluminum brass tubing inside and the grips were resin sculpt
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Dec 12, 2013, 1:28 AM - Re: Having the hardest time finding a crafter of Jango Fett Westar blasters #25

If the grips were resin then they should be even easier to replicate, no need for expensive metal castings.