Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 20, 2008, 5:37 PM - Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #1

Guys / Gals

Forgive my Bounty Hunter noobness but I wonder if someone could shed some light on a query I have.

I've been searching around for some clear answers but I dont seem to have come up with any clear pictures / answers.

Q: Whats the difference between Jango - Kamino & Jango - Genosis

Again, appologies if this is basics.

Adam
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 5:47 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #2

I believe the Kamino Jango fett has the Boba Fett style JP
    While the Genosis Jango has the 'stubby' or 'arena JP' due to it flying off and expolding on Kamino while he is fighting Kenobi. Jango's helmet also shows a dent on the dome in Genosis. But I could be wrong. Not really a Jango expert.
    Feb 20, 2008, 5:55 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #3

correct you are!
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 6:03 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #4

Quote runJEDIrun said: View Post
    correct you are!
    ooo oooo!!! What did I win?!!
    Feb 20, 2008, 6:06 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #5

Well actually, there was a screen showing the dent on the helmet on kamino too, if Im not mistaken...
    Feb 20, 2008, 6:15 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #6

well..yeah i think he got the dent when he smashed his head into the side of the landing platform actually so that can go either way. It is really just a difference in jet packs. comes down to whether you like the classic JP or the stubby better i suppose.
    Feb 20, 2008, 8:08 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #7

Plus, Geonosis Jango is dirtier.
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 10:30 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #8

I believe the only difference is just the jet pack, the dented helmet is seen in both scenes. Best let someone who really knows Jango well chime in though.
    Feb 20, 2008, 10:33 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #9

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I believe the only difference is just the jet pack, the dented helmet is seen in both scenes. Best let someone who really knows Jango well chime in though.
    LOL thats pretty much it. I mean the only other difference I remember, is just from the stunt suit, it was suggested that they used rubber armor for some kamino scenes, and thats it.

Also, maybe that the RF moves backwards? Thats if your getting way into it I guess.

Oh, and the geonosis jango should only have one blaster!
    Feb 20, 2008, 11:28 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #10

... and no head
    Feb 20, 2008, 11:32 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #11

This all sounds about right to me. Also, the Kamino Jango has the longish dent on and off throughout the battle with Obi-Wan from what I've seen. I believe it has to do with the CGI, Stunt Suit, and if they used the other Suit, then there are three suits to have their differences with the dent. If anyone wants, I have a copy of AotC in 1080 I can take some screens from, and I can host them in full detail.
    Feb 21, 2008, 2:08 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #12

Quote askywalker98 said: View Post
    This all sounds about right to me. Also, the Kamino Jango has the longish dent on and off throughout the battle with Obi-Wan from what I've seen. I believe it has to do with the CGI, Stunt Suit, and if they used the other Suit, then there are three suits to have their differences with the dent. If anyone wants, I have a copy of AotC in 1080 I can take some screens from, and I can host them in full detail.
    ..come on ;o)
    Feb 21, 2008, 4:55 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #13

Thanks for the info fellas.

I do prefer the more compact jet pack.

As for screen accuracy ... I'll work on a removable head Eh?
    Feb 21, 2008, 9:06 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #14

He's supposed to have only one blaster on Geonosis, but he has two in some scenes... the screen grabs are on the Jango Reference CD.
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:36 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #15

He only seem to have one single blaster in all Geonosis scenes, starting @ 1h, 42min when he says "don't move Jedi" in the room where the droids are made etc. On Kamino, @ 1h, 1min, 38 sec, one of his guns flies away after Obi-Wan kicks him when he's going to land and kick him. As far as we can see.. he never picks up that gun again...
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:50 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #16

Crickey! I'd better chop my head off then

Would it be cannon to carry my head under my arm?
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:01 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #17

Quote Spacescopie said: View Post
    Crickey! I'd better chop my head off then

Would it be cannon to carry my head under my arm?
    No it wouldn't - you need young boba to carry it for you.
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:06 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #18

Quote Drake said: View Post
    He only seem to have one single blaster in all Geonosis scenes, starting @ 1h, 42min when he says "don't move Jedi" in the room where the droids are made etc. On Kamino, @ 1h, 1min, 38 sec, one of his guns flies away after Obi-Wan kicks him when he's going to land and kick him. As far as we can see.. he never picks up that gun again...

Two blasters on Geonosis...

As I said before, in most scenes he has one blaster, there are a couple where there are two...
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:08 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #19

man - i cant believe how that digital bad jango was approved by lucas.

the worst.
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:09 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #20

Quote SEEKER said: View Post
    man - i cant believe how that digital bad jango was approved by lucas.

the worst.
    CGI has come a long way since then - there are some worse ones on Kamino...
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:26 AM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #21

Anyone else notice he has 2 blasters in that pic...

That is definatley a horrible digital. Looking even at the SBD it looks 100 times better.
    Feb 21, 2008, 12:05 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #22

Isn't that right before he flies off though? So you don't even really see him stationary. Its kind of unfair to judge that....and yeah that was back in 2001/2002 that the CG would've been made so things have definitely progressed since then.
    Feb 21, 2008, 12:41 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #23

And Dooku...He looks so real.
    Feb 21, 2008, 1:00 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #24

Quote Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    Isn't that right before he flies off though? So you don't even really see him stationary. Its kind of unfair to judge that....and yeah that was back in 2001/2002 that the CG would've been made so things have definitely progressed since then.
    Even so...they put a lot of effort into the movie to let that slip? Look at how horrible he looks, from the armor shape to the clothing colors, someone got lazy. On Kamino they made it look pretty decent during the fast action. Even the part where he lands to say "Don't move Jedi" it looked decent, fake but decent. He is stationary in the scene prior when he blasts the jedi...in fact, I believe he only had 1 blaster holstered in that scene when he blasts the jedi. The mystery blaster!
    Feb 21, 2008, 1:14 PM - Re: Genosis / Kamino Jango - Whats the Difference? #25

Hmmm. I want to keep it accurate so I think I'll carry one, holster the other.