Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 3, 2004, 5:51 PM - gauntlet darts #1

    where can i find the 4 darts fot the jango gauntlets?

    kevin
  2. fettpride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,654
    Apr 3, 2004, 6:59 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #2


    trooperkev wrote:

    where can i find the 4 darts fot the jango gauntlets?

    kevin
    Boba Phett is who you seek

    Got your e-mail, you have a response

    FP
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 3, 2004, 10:14 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #3

    thanks FP. By the way...those new gauntlets are great. i look forward to getting them finished. i will have before and after pics of the helmet and gauntlets soon. just need to know where to host pics or what not.

    kevin
  4. fettpride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,654
    Apr 4, 2004, 3:01 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #4


    trooperkev wrote:

    thanks FP. By the way...those new gauntlets are great. i look forward to getting them finished. i will have before and after pics of the helmet and gauntlets soon. just need to know where to host pics or what not.

    kevin
    Shoot them my way, I'd be happy to host them. Otherwise, you can host them with Secol_fett's hosting site for TDH Members

    ( Secol_Fett)

    http://200.72.163.179/cdref/tdh/



  5. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 5, 2004, 6:59 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #5

    thanks FP, hopefully the pics will show up. here are a couple of pics of my new jango glass gauntlets as well as my msh2 that i am converting to jango.

    well for some reason my file is too big so i can upload it. will try again tonight.


    Gauntlets


    Chest armor (thanks arturo)I did mod them a little bit to fit my frame better. i took 2 pieces of abs and glues them and then heated them to contour it to my chest as well as add the slight angles seen.




    kevin
  6. Dark Jedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    811
    Apr 5, 2004, 9:44 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #6

    Nice!!!!!!!
  7. asok's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,707
    Apr 5, 2004, 9:47 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #7

    Very nice gauntlets! Wish mine where that nice!
  8. fettpride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,654
    Apr 5, 2004, 11:27 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #8




    Hey Kevin, I meant to ask .. what is that blue stuff? I've seen and used quite a few fillers, but I don't recognize that?

    FP
  9. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,371
    Apr 5, 2004, 11:40 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #9

    wow - those gauntlets look awesome and sharp! hopefully one day I could upgrade mine
  10. Foxbatkllr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,566
    Apr 6, 2004, 2:07 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #10

    Wow those gauntlets really look killer.
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 6, 2004, 11:41 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #11

    it is acryl-green. spot filling putty made 3M. it is what auto body shops use. the bondo putty starts to shrink and crack this stuff doesnt. it is pretty easy to use.

    hey seeker drop me a line if you can. i need to ask you a question or two.

    kevin
  12. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,371
    Apr 6, 2004, 11:51 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #12


    trooperkev wrote:


    hey seeker drop me a line if you can. i need to ask you a question or two.

    kevin
    you should post the question here, maybe other people on this board could help as well.

    turo
  13. asok's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,707
    Apr 6, 2004, 1:20 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #13


    trooperkev wrote:

    it is acryl-green. spot filling putty made 3M. it is what auto body shops use. the bondo putty starts to shrink and crack this stuff doesnt. it is pretty easy to use.
    Where can I get it?
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 6, 2004, 1:44 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #14

    u can get it a NAPA stores or any auto body repair shop.

    thanks turo, the question i have has already been talked about and posted before.... i was wondering what colors people have used to paint there armor and gauntlets with. I am also looking for a good pattern for my vest. i know turo had his mad by someone but i doubt she would send me the pattern. i would like to get something close to that. also what color and material have you used to make the vest out of.

    once again i know this has been discussed before but i don't want to go through all these threads and past posts to find it.

    kevin
  15. Foxbatkllr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,566
    Apr 6, 2004, 6:16 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #15

    Most people use grey primer plus silver leaf rub n buff wax for the helmet, armor and gauntlets. No silver spray paint. Some people have used grey primer plus silver spray paint plus rub n buff. Obi-Sean Kenobi used this method with great results, however I used it on my first paint job with poor results. A few people have used just silver spray paint with no rub n buff. The majority of the best results that I have seen came with the grey primer plus rub n buff and nothing else method. I used that method on my second paint job with great success. As for the vest, most people use charcoal grey vinyl/pleather. Some use black, though that is inaccurate. I believe Turo took a black leather police jacket and had it made into a vest then weathered it so much that it became dark grey. He got great results with that method obviously. On my next vest I may buy some dark grey leather and have it made into a vest.
  16. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,371
    Apr 6, 2004, 6:31 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #16


    Foxbatkllr wrote:

    Most people use grey primer plus silver leaf rub n buff wax for the helmet, armor and gauntlets. No silver spray paint. Some people have used grey primer plus silver spray paint plus rub n buff. Obi-Sean Kenobi used this method with great results, however I used it on my first paint job with poor results. A few people have used just silver spray paint with no rub n buff. The majority of the best results that I have seen came with the grey primer plus rub n buff and nothing else method. I used that method on my second paint job with great success. As for the vest, most people use charcoal grey vinyl/pleather. Some use black, though that is inaccurate. I believe Turo took a black leather police jacket and had it made into a vest then weathered it so much that it became dark grey. He got great results with that method obviously. On my next vest I may buy some dark grey leather and have it made into a vest.
    BINGO!!
  17. Admin Staff obi sean kenobi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,115
    Apr 6, 2004, 8:57 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #17

    thanks for the compliment foxbatklr!

    i actually use rustoleum dark gray automobile primer, then rustoleum aluminum spray, then silver leaf rub n buff applied copiously by hand (then buff it out with a white cottom t-shirt until that baby is SHINY!!!!).
    works like a charm for me, though you can tell by pictures that the all rub n buff method is equally impressive or moreso.
    BKBT and RA make nice, accurate, reasonably priced vests by the way....
    I used a t-shirt pattern for mine, got rid of the yoke and sleeves and modded the neck. I drew my own pattern for the cap sleeve. I sewed mine out of dark gray "marine/headliner" vinyl - it doesnt have the cotton backing and has a leather-like quality to it. the only problem is it doesnt allow your torso to "breathe" - so youre basically COVERED in sweat when you take it off.
    good luck!
    sean
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 7, 2004, 2:18 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #18

    does anyone have a good pattern for the shoulder bells. i noticed that the jango shoulder bell and the boba are different in that jango has 8 angles and boba has 6.

    kevin


    by the way thanks for the advice guys/gals. it is helping out alot.
  19. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 12, 2004, 6:08 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #19

    just a quick update. things are coming along fine with the helmet and gauntlets. i should have some pics by weeks end. i had to wait as the filler putty i am using is not the quick drying stuff as bondo. it hasnt got a catalyst. this is professional grade auto body filler putty that is nice and smooth and consistant. best part is that there is no cracking and bonds quite nicely with the rest of the helmet.


    kevin
  20. jangoboba
    Guest
    Apr 16, 2004, 10:56 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #20

    About the gaunt darts,take off the tips of ball-point pens.messy,but cheap.
  21. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 20, 2004, 4:44 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #21

    i have heard of that but i want to be really accurate about things. can someone point me in the right direction of some milled darts?

    kevin
  22. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    312
    Apr 21, 2004, 7:29 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #22

    someone pointed me to russ. so as soon as i recoop my money from my apartment i will send for those.

    kevin

Similar Threads

  1. Jango knee darts and gauntlet darts,LAST CALL!!
    By Dark-Side in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: Oct 8, 2007, 10:27 AM
  2. Gauntlet darts
    By dung0beetle in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 1, 2007, 5:09 PM
  3. Gauntlet Darts?
    By BobaisJaster in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Oct 4, 2003, 2:22 PM