Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 30, 2005, 8:19 PM - Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #1

The family and I visited the Nordstrom's Rack store over here in Fresno, Ca. yesterday and I made the nice little find of scoring some of those blue Jango like gloves for only $19.95. I picked up two pairs to experiment with attempting to dye them a dark blue (almost black). They're both a size large which equates to a size 8 or small/medium in mens. They have a formed fit which is nice cause I can finally put my finger through the stunt trigger of my MR Westars and twirl them, which I couldn't do with my prior gloves. Here are some pics. It looks like the first pair is going to go as planned. I've dyed them with Ritz Navy Blue on the stove and I'm thinking of giving them a little shot of Ritz Black to darken them up even more. The photo's taken on a black dinette table at night. If all goes well with this first pair, I'll offer the second pair up for sale. I would have to get at least $20 for them to recoup what I paid (You pay shipping of your choice). Post or PM if you may be interested in the second pair.
    Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01642.JPG 
Views:	456 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	6544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01654.JPG 
Views:	435 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	6545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01655.JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	6546  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01656.JPG 
Views:	444 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	6547  
    Oct 30, 2005, 8:24 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #2

Man my arms look hairy in those pics
    Oct 30, 2005, 9:00 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #3

Wow! Those look really nice! How well do they breath? Nice job on the dying!
    Oct 31, 2005, 1:29 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #4

Thanks, they breath very well. They're a very thin leather with an insulation that is 70% wool and 30% polyester. Very thin, lightweight, and form fitting.

Cruzer
    Oct 31, 2005, 1:42 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #5

Nice find bro, good luck on the continued experimenting. So far they look pretty boss.
    Oct 31, 2005, 2:13 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #6

...looking good...PM sent...

...I would say the current color is pretty dang close bro!!!

Later
    HollyWood
    BlackList Squadron
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Oct 31, 2005, 8:17 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #7

Quote Cruzer_Fett said:
    Man my arms look hairy in those pics

did you use a wookie hand model??
    Oct 31, 2005, 8:29 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #8

Great find Cruz_Fett... I would darken them up anymore then they are.. Try taking a pictue of them outside and post that..would be very intrested in seeing the color.
    Oct 31, 2005, 6:01 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #9

I found and bought about three or four pairs last winter at the local Nordstrom Rack. The navy blue variety are the best to use. I rotate them for each event. Congrats on your find. Maybe I oughta go down and look for more just because.
    Nov 1, 2005, 6:36 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #10

That's a good one Gonzo...man I'm going out to get some Nair tonight when I go to buy the EP III DVD and Battlefront II game.

Slavefive, sent you a PM about the gloves, and what's up with Custom Mando's wearing Jango gloves?8)

I can keep checking back at Nordy's Rack if there's anyone else who is looking for gloves. Might be in the area this Sat. I asked the sales manager if they'd be getting anymore in and she said yes if they were a hot seller. They were all sold out when I was there, so maybe next time they'll get some XL sizes in as well. Drop me a line if you're someone who'd like me to check for you. CaptJono I've got you covered.
    Cruzer

Addition:
    Tell me whether you'd want a size L (mens small/medium) or size XL (mens medium/large) when you PM. They'd be $25 shipped. Thanks to those who have PMd already.
    Last edited by Cruzer; Nov 5, 2005 at 11:15 PM.
    Nov 5, 2005, 6:04 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #11

Didn't get to Nordy's Rack today. Baby had me up half the night last night. Hopefully tomorrow morn. for those waiting to hear about gloves.

Here's an updated pic of my dyed gloves taken outside in the 4 p.m. sun next to my black leather wallet. I'm going to hit them with a bath of Ritz Denim Blue to darken them up just a tad.
    Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01693.JPG 
Views:	318 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	6713  
    Last edited by Cruzer; Nov 5, 2005 at 11:16 PM.
    Nov 5, 2005, 7:42 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #12

I think the color is right as you curently have it. I wouldn't go any darker. As they are, they'll look darker next to the silver gauntlets.
    Nov 5, 2005, 9:35 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #13

Thanks JD, I'm going to take your advice cause I never thought about the next to silver aspect. Can't wait to get that Jango helmet. It's like Christmas coming a whole month early.
    Nov 5, 2005, 10:12 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #14

Awesome bro, your Jango is shaping up to be even more smashing then ever!

Christmas came early for ya Lorenzo, you've been such a good Fett all year you deserve it!
    Nov 5, 2005, 10:20 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #15

Hey that gives me a good idea. Jango in Santa gear!
    Nov 5, 2005, 11:02 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #16

Look out everyone it's Jango Claus! Fear the Claus!
    Nov 12, 2005, 11:18 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #17

where can i get these awesome gloves? I'm in Tn. I'm working on piecing my Jango suit together :-)
    I have small/medium hands.
    -Goldenrod
    Nov 13, 2005, 1:28 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #18

You can get them at a Nordstrom's Rack (Nordstrom's discount store). I'm a little over an hours drive from the nearest one and have looked for two other members for more gloves with no luck. I can look for you as well if you'd like, but so far our Nordstrom's has not received any more shipments of gloves. You'd wear a size L if you want them to be snug and a size XL if you want them to be loose. LMK
    Cruzer
  19. Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Nov 13, 2005, 8:50 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #19

Quote Cruzer said:
    You can get them at a Nordstrom's Rack (Nordstrom's discount store). I'm a little over an hours drive from the nearest one and have looked for two other members for more gloves with no luck. I can look for you as well if you'd like, but so far our Nordstrom's has not received any more shipments of gloves. You'd wear a size L if you want them to be snug and a size XL if you want them to be loose. LMK
    Cruzer

i might want one....all dyed and how much would it cost to ship a pair to singapore??
    Nov 13, 2005, 10:54 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #20

Yes please ! i would want the snug fit so Large will do just fine:-)
    Just let me know if when you gettem and the $20 will be sent.
    thanx!
    -Goldenrod

Quote Cruzer said:
    Cruzer
    Nov 13, 2005, 11:38 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #21

No prob guys, but I won't be back in the area that the store is in until maybe next Friday, or maybe even not until another two weeks because of SoCal GenCon and the FIDM visit with fellow TDHers next weekend. But if there are any Nordstrom's Racks on the way to L.A. I will definitely stop and check for you. I'll have to do a store search on the web and see if there are any in the area we'll be in.

Goldenrod-don't forget an additional $5 for shipping to that $20
    and
    Bleahhh-the gloves would be $20 USD and shipping to Singapore would be approximately $8-$10 USD with 4-6 day estimated delivery time.

Hopefully I can get my hands on some extras.
    Cruzer
  22. Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Nov 13, 2005, 4:03 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #22

i would still have to dye them right?
    Nov 14, 2005, 12:04 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #23

Yeah, Bleahhh, you'd still have to dye them. It's the idea time to custome fit them while they're wet by putting them on repeatedly as they dry. Just make sure you rinse them well after the dye bath or you'll have blue hands for a couple of days. And don't dry them in the sun or they'll shrink a little. They should be dried at room temperature indoors if possible.

Cruzer
    Nov 14, 2005, 12:06 AM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #24

$25.00 total-no problem, Cruzer thanx for looking for these and have fun and drive safe bro!
    -Goldenrod
    Nov 29, 2005, 5:58 PM - Re: Found some Nordstrom Jango gloves yesterday, have 2nd pair #25

What brand of gloves are they? Thanks.