Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Subscribe
    Sep 13, 2007, 1:40 AM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #151

I'm interested in a 8 or 8˝
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Sep 13, 2007, 1:56 AM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #152

Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    I know that some shoes will fit large and some small. Basically what I'm wondering is, seeing as I normally wear a US size 8 shoe, will a size 8 in these boots fit me properly or be on the smallish/largish side?

They run a little large, so if you wear a size 8 1/2 a size 8 will be ok. And if you're an 8 the will be really comfy.
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Sep 13, 2007, 2:40 AM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #153

reione,

We spoke of this a while back, are you still able to do these in tan (BARC) and white (Galactic Marines) A few folks have asked me recently.

Anywho - if not, no problem for me, set me up with 9's
    Sep 13, 2007, 5:03 AM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #154

So if my feet are narrow with really high arches, should I get a size 7 1/2 then?

Quote reinone said: View Post
    They run a little large, so if you wear a size 8 1/2 a size 8 will be ok. And if you're an 8 the will be really comfy.
  5. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Sep 13, 2007, 12:08 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #155

Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    So if my feet are narrow with really high arches, should I get a size 7 1/2 then?
    just get the 8's. You'll be more comfortable.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Sep 13, 2007, 12:47 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #156

Hey reinone, I don't know if I ever asked you, but what is the largest size boot you plan on making for this run?
    Sep 13, 2007, 1:02 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #157

Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Hey reinone, I don't know if I ever asked you, but what is the largest size boot you plan on making for this run?
    Quote reinone said: View Post
    At the moment the largest is 12 but I am working on larger sizes. The more people order of a certain size the better the chances. basically if we get 9 more people to get size 16 then yes.
    Maybe this helps.
    Sep 13, 2007, 1:42 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #158

So is this an official run yet, or...? I'm still interested in the size 10's. Is there an exact price (with US shipping)?
    Sep 13, 2007, 1:58 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #159

Quote Devilstar2k2 said: View Post
    So is this an official run yet, or...? I'm still interested in the size 10's. Is there an exact price (with US shipping)?
    Check out Post #117.
    Sep 13, 2007, 5:25 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #160

Quote abntroop said: View Post
    I hate to say it, but wise up guys. this thread has been dead for months. Reinone only popped in to throw his weight around when he found out I was gonna use my pair of his boots to try and get a run done, so he jumped my butt, I apologized, and he said he was gonna take over. I was okay with that as it beat me reinventing the wheel..

Here we are months later and he's dissapeared AGAIN.. I say put up or shut up, he ain't helpin TDH, he did at one time, but there's a need now and either step up, recognize that folks are ready to order, or at least have the decency to sit on the sidelines while we do what we need to to get another run going.

I hate silly politics, and I guess it's all about the great reinone having the title of being the only guy to get replicas of these boots made but I'm gonna call that how I see it, as pure BS.

The whole point of TDH is folks getting together to help eachother out and I see his actions as the opposite and frankly a hindrance to TDH's mission. What are folks supposed to do? Wait around on empty promises because he won't give anyone permission (as if we needed it) to do a run of these boots? The permission thing is a courtesy, nothing more and failing to deliver is a discourtesy. What goes around comes around..

I've kept my fingers off the keyboard for months but frankly it needed to be said and if he doesnt like that, then tuff nuts cuz I couldnt give a ****. If it boils down to it, me or another member with these boots can start looking into getting them made again.

I don't know who you are, but you need put in check in a big way.
    The boots are reinone's work, and you have NO entitlement to copy his work without his permission under ANY circumstances. It is no different than recasting a helmet.
    If you want to do a run of jango boots, cool, do it, but don't steal other people's hard efforts to do so.
    This goes for whether he decides to make a million of them, or none ever again, you have no right to reverse engineer his patterns and make copies without his permission.

From what I understand if you were to do this, you would be labeled a recaster and potentially banned from this community.

Luckily, he has decided to continue the run. But if he hadn't, you have to make your own WITHOUT using his.
    Sep 13, 2007, 5:37 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #161

oh yes gino, thats exactly what we all neded was your opinion inserted here as well. talk about the pot calling the kettle black LMAO! cut the **** dude, I'm not interested in your opinion. i wasn't offering to do it for financial gain, i was offering to do it because reinone pops up every once in a blue moon and only one run of these boots was ever done. I have a pair, i only need the one pair, but I saw that our community was in need in a big way and since only one or two pairs of original kenneth coles have ever popped up on this forum, and reinones are copies- ergo recasts if you will of kenneth coles work, without approval from the kenneth cole shoe company i really didnt see the big deal. but of course you.... would poke your nose into it...of course you...always do.. between the RPF and alot of other communities, there would be alot less drama without you dropping your .02 in on issues that do not affect or include you in any way. cheers mate
    Sep 13, 2007, 6:01 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #162

Regardless, you have no right to his work.
    If he decided that he would never do another run again, then that would be it and you'd have to accept it. Who do you think you are that you can just take over someone else's work without their permission?
    You want to talk about sense of community or contributing to the cause? It starts with respecting the labors of others and the rights to their own works.

You want to help? Find your own pair of kenneth coles and get them reproduced. When you said getting his permission to copy his work was simply a courtesy was a slap in the face to every artisan on these forums.
    Show some respect.
    Sep 13, 2007, 6:15 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #163

LOL! why don't you and your ego find someone else to hassle, I'm not going to invest any more time humoring you.
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Sep 13, 2007, 7:44 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #164

Quote ItsThatGuy said: View Post
    Maybe this helps.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I did see that, but I was wondering if there had been enough interest in larger boots to go beyond a size 12.
    Sep 13, 2007, 9:16 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #165

Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I did see that, but I was wondering if there had been enough interest in larger boots to go beyond a size 12.
    You and me both dude.

abntroop, I suggest you make appropriate comments before mods take action. I understand what you mean, but you must take into consideration that such work is time consuming and tedious, not to mention involves putting your own money for expensive materials for mold making/casting. It takes time and patience on both sides. People have lives outside prop-building/costuming, I think everyone's primary objective is to maintain their standard of living, and keeping to priorities, and I can tell you, these boots in particular may not be his top priority at all.

But I could be wrong about all this, I dont know him personally, and I dont think you do either, but I can tell you from MY experience, these are all pretty common factors that need to be considered when it comes to time and patience
  16. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 13, 2007, 10:47 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #166

abntroop, while I appreciate your enthusiasm to help the community and supply them with a clear need, I would remind you and anyone of the Recasting section of the Code of Conduct:

RECASTING

Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting. Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.

While Reione's work is a recast of the Kenneth Cole boots, the recasting of his work is not something the community supports. This would apply for any situation, be it machined parts, soft goods, fiberglass pieces, etc. We do not support the recasting of another member's work. While this is more or less a moot point now that Reinone is back on the scene, as Gino appropriately pointed out, even if Reinone had never returned, it would not be acceptable to use his boots as a base for creating a new shoe. This would be no different than bobamaker leaving the board and members recasting his armor because it was no longer directly available from him.

On a final note, I am not sure what your relationship with Gino is, but dredging up the fighting and flaming that goes on at other forums is not appreciated here. TDH, for the most part, is a flame-fee zone and we would like to keep it that way. Please do not bring the prejudices and angst from other board here.

D
    Sep 14, 2007, 5:05 AM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #167

Quote ItsThatGuy said: View Post
    Check out Post #117.

Thanks bud, I missed that somehow...
    Sep 14, 2007, 3:52 PM - Re: The evolution of reinone's boots #168

You can also throw in a pair of size 9.5 BARC boots to my order. That puts me down for all 3 versions if they are going to be made. Thanks!