Does anyone else get this?

From
    Cheshire, UK

Does anyone else get this?

Hi all,

Done a few troops in my Jango Fett now. Noticed my cc cod piece to show marks, certain it from the thigh plates.

I lightly sanded it down with 320 grit and touch up with bit of Rub & Buff.

Can only think the only way round this is to move the thighs, but think I wouldn't look right then.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

From
    Irvine, CA

Re: Does anyone else get this?

That's not as bad as what I got the first time I trooped in Jango. My cod tore a hole in my jumpsuit because the tip was sharp. I bent over and "RIIIIIIIIP". Oh that sucked. My wife repaired it, but now I have stitch in the leg/crotch area on my jumpsuit. The rubbing I do get is on my thighs from the holsters. Actually, one of my thighs had a piece of fiberglass chip off.

You might want to consider making your thighs face a little more on the outside of your legs and possibly lower them. Jango's thigh armor is relatively low on his legs. I have even been thinking about lowering my thigh armor too.

From
    Chicago, IL

At least now your screen accurate. Check out the real deal.

screenaccurate-jpg

From
    Cheshire, UK

I do get the rubbing also from the gun holster to the thighs. Think some tape might sort that.

Thanks Seeker, lol!

From
    Irvine, CA

And there you go! There are definitely scratches all over. My gauntlets have scratches all over the bottom just like the real thing. It happens, and the real suit had all kinds of wear and tear.

I dont know i was thinking of possible spray lubricant thats clear like mold release or something on the upper thighs, but you run the risk fo that stuff soaking into the legs.

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    That's not as bad as what I got the first time I trooped in Jango. My cod tore a hole in my jumpsuit because the tip was sharp. I bent over and "RIIIIIIIIP". Oh that sucked.
    Me too... and this is my second pants!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i'm a little curious, why would you rnb cold cast? wouldn't it be better to sand it with 320 or 400 grit then go after it with the 0000 steel wool?

From
    Cheshire, UK

Sanding down will eventually remove the cc. Sometimes a bit of Rub & Buffis used to get into corners where the cc didn't get to.

From
    Chicago, IL

saint_nasty said: View Post
    i'm a little curious, why would you rnb cold cast? wouldn't it be better to sand it with 320 or 400 grit then go after it with the 0000 steel wool?
    AND the folks that made the real armor also used Rubb & Buff. That's what I was told by one of the guys that made the armor during one of the celebrations. Just sayin