Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you fellow Jango ever get to a point of depression with your costume?

Do you fellow Jango ever get to a point of depression with your costume?

After all this time... First time I wore my Jango was CIV, and I started it a year and a half before then. These pics were taken yesterday 10/24/09

I just want to run and hide when I see my pics. Thigh is popping forward, knees are out of alignment... *sigh* I just put another layer of antique gel on my leather vest, to darken it. I did have a darker vest, but it got too large as I lost weight.

You can see the excess leather with the old vest in this picture.

I think my chest armor is too large, as well as my shin armor. I need a lot of adjustments, and fixes, and it depresses me. Maybe that will help with my character.

From
    Knoxville Tenn.

Re: Do you fellow Jango ever get to a point of depression with your costume?

Don't stress about it man. I really think *we* are going to be the hardest to please when it comes to our own costumes. I think your Jango looks great. We can nit-pick the details all day long, but when it comes right down to it %99.9 of the people who see it are going to be impressed.

Oh and who ever took those pics was hung over

From
    Oklahoma City

That old saying "Slow and steady wins the race" really is true in costuming in my opinion. I have yet to get burned out since I don't push myself to get things done in a certain time frame. If I do then I am happy. If I don't then I just know it will be that much better when I get there.

Work on it one adjustment at a time. Your suit looks good. I know the issues may eat at you but I will echo that most people don't notice.

For your thigh issue look into putting a chicago screw through the back side of the holster into the thigh armor. It will hold it in place and will make it easier to put on. I have my whole rig (ammo belt, girth belt, cod, thighs, and holsters) all screwed together. It makes it stay in place better and easier to put on by myself.

Good luck and have fun. That is what it is all about.

From
    Leicestershire, England

Looks like on the whole it fits you well and looks good. I see only minor tweaks here and there.
    I second the fixing of the thigh plate to the holsters. Sorted my problem out. I put a piece of velcro under them too. Fixes nicely. Stays in place and easy to remove and alter.

From
    OH

I think it looks fine man... like stated before, 99% of people won't notice errors in your suit... I hit my range finder at an event and the whole ear piece broke off, no one came up and told me that I didn't have my RF or ear cap, lol... we are our own worst critics, so just keep working at it and it'll be fine

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

Did you try attaching the holtsers to the thighs? That should keep everything in place.

From
    Beverly, MA

hey man,

don't sweat the small stuff... my thigh pieces pop out all the time... no need to worry about the small stuff.. i still looks AWESOME!!! and im sure when you do parades, all the little kids will be impressed!

i did a parade yesterday, and i made it a point to find all the little jangos-to-be and shake thier hand. to them, you are the REAL jango, and they BELIEVE that!

so, take pride in your costume.. from one jango to another, i think its surpurb!!

From
    Irvine, CA

Dude, it took me 6 years to finish my Jango. I'm already thinking about upgrades. You just have to be steady and persistent. Don't get discouraged.

From
    Tampa Bay

FettFanatic said: View Post
    For your thigh issue look into putting a chicago screw through the back side of the holster into the thigh armor. It will hold it in place and will make it easier to put on. I have my whole rig (ammo belt, girth belt, cod, thighs, and holsters) all screwed together. It makes it stay in place better and easier to put on by myself.
    Any pics of how you have this done?

From
    Oklahoma City

I will post up some pics. There are quite a few other members that have done this which is why I even tried it. It works out great.

I attached the holsters with the Chicago screws, along with shortening the straps by an inch and it feels so much better. Next on my list is trimming the chest armor and shins. I just feel it's too big, better chest armor would be nice but I will deal for now. Thanks for the support, sorry for being a bit dramatic.

From
    Leicestershire, England

Thats what we are here for mate. I got the help i needed when i was building.

From
    Germany / Aachen

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    Dude, it took me 6 years to finish my Jango. I'm already thinking about upgrades. You just have to be steady and persistent. Don't get discouraged.
    ..agree!
    mine tooks also a couple of years. and always i take a look on my jango. i see a lot of upgrades and finishing to do. who tolds... ???? ...upgrades never ends ;o)

Vode' dont stress about it. Yours looks great. heck id be overjoyed if mine looked as realistic. take a look at my profile photo and youll see why i say so. I will keep working on mine and am determined to get it done.im not sure ill do an exact Jango but i will re do the beskar'

Actually I recently made some small improvements, that have gone a long way to make me more comfortable with my Jango.
    Made a new vest, that has a tighter fit.
    Fixed the holsters that they are attached to the thigh armor, instead of free floating. In the process, lowered the thigh straps a little over an inch.
    Trimmed a 1/2" off of the side of the chest armor.
    Darkened the holsters and pouches, Antque gel is my best friend.
    Most recent, taken over Halloween.

From
    Tampa Bay

Great looking Jango! The new pics are like night & day.

From
    OH

yeah, it looks good man!

From
    Richmond, Va

Fella, you've got a great Jango. You may feel a little down because of all the other high end Clones you were standing next to in that pic. Anybody would immediately recognize you for Jango and say you have a kick a** suit! All those things you mentioned are small time stuff.

From
    Halifax, nova scotia

You Jangos get real hard on yourselves, whereas we custom mandos are much Easier on ourselves, But dude Your armor is intense

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Hey bluewolf, dont worry!, remember this: create a costume is the real experience!!! the final costume is the result., if you dont like some detalis, thats is good!, because you must investing time to modifying that, and when you finish all the detalis, you will have the memories of that experince as something good!!!!I guarantee that......a question: where you find the armor??and the cod piece??see you

From
    Silver Spring, MD

it looks good man don't sweat it. And yes, I have spent years stressing out about my Jango costume haha! You are not alone.

Bro. Sometimes ya haveta walk away for ahwhile. I did and I am working on my Tusken raider ( much simpler and less nitpicky.... and far cheaper!!!) when I am done I will come back to my Jango and Boba costumes. We all get burn when it stops being fun.... so walk away and find a way to keep costuming fun.

From
    Massachusetts

Hey Fishstick... looks great man, don't sweat it!

From
    Germany / Aachen

..yeah, really good turn. keep it up!!!

woww, im new to this fourm so i dont know alot of specifics about the costumes, but i think that costume looks amazing, i couldnt even imagine how much hard work you had to put into it man, congratz it looks great.