Subscribe
    Jan 23, 2008, 2:13 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #101

I think it is because he is giving Halo_1 measurements, and he is in what appears to be Singapore. So I can only assume that is why he is going with the metric system. Otherwise in Cruzer's threads he uses inches.
    Jan 23, 2008, 4:21 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #102

Yeah, I use inches & feet most the time, but I noticed with small measurements- millimeters is better, especially when working with people outside the U.S.

I'm actually beginning to like the metric system. It just makes more sense and seems easier to use. However, because most everything in the U.S. is inches, then I'll probably always use both. But if I had to choose between the two...metric all the way baby!
    Jan 23, 2008, 4:25 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #103

Okay, thanks (everyone) for answering my off-topic, but oh so interesting, question.
    Jan 23, 2008, 4:59 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #104

Heheh.. that was an old joke/fight I had with Cruzer long time ago... I defended the metric system, because It's the most accurate, and also the easiest, and he said that with the inches etc etc... My post was just... a joke for him .

But it's nice to hear that you finally discovered the amazing world of the metric system ...
    Jan 23, 2008, 5:38 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #105

The metric system is great for smaller measurements, but I still prefer feet for larger measurements and miles for distance.
    Jan 23, 2008, 6:12 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #106

Ok gang, let's not get Cruzers GAUNTLET thread get out of hand with all this METRIC talk.

Still that is funny seeing all those sets of gauntlets on the table. It is almost like they are prepping props for the actors in movies.
    Jan 23, 2008, 8:01 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #107

Feel free to take this thread wherever you want!

I sliced at least a good 1/16" deep-dime size of skin from the side of my thumb on Sunday while cutting out the various shapes of fiberglass cloth to lay in a set of shells. So I'm outa commission until this weekend, then I'll start on finishing the remaining gauntlet shells.
    After that, I'll need to lay an additional layer of fiberglass resin on the sides of the shell tops to strengthen them up. The bottom shells are done. I'll also need to do all the pre-prep work on the flamethrowers (hollow, predrill and tap for brass hose fittings).

I'm ready to finish up this run so I can move on to a small run of holsters, and begin the assembly on my Llats Ward suit.
    Last edited by Cruzer; Jan 23, 2008 at 8:28 PM.
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Jan 23, 2008, 8:45 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #108

yeah! can't wait to get this AND my holster!
    Jan 23, 2008, 9:42 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #109

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    I sliced at least a good 1/16" deep-dime size of skin from the side of my thumb on Sunday while cutting out the various shapes of fiberglass cloth to lay in a set of shells. So I'm outa commission until this weekend, then I'll start on finishing the remaining gauntlet shells.
    Well, at least your back to measuring in inches...hahaha! Still yeah, taking out chunks of skin isn't fun... I remember my first set of Boba knees I made...they each had sharp sides that dug into the sides of my knees, making about the same size chunks of skin missing from each side of my knees. I'm not even gonna get into the chunks of skin I lost while I was working construction.
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Jan 24, 2008, 12:59 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #110

It's a good thing skin grows back. Oh, and the military uses the Metric System quite a bit. Marches are measured in kilometers, small artillery range is done in meters, I used to be section leader of a 60mm Mortar section. :P
    Jan 24, 2008, 1:42 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #111

OOOOO, holsters! Im down for an order!
    Jan 24, 2008, 5:37 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #112

Feel free to take this thread wherever you want!
    Alrighty then!

Wth do you call football for "soccer"?

Hehe.

Oh yeah, interesting with holsters.
    Jan 24, 2008, 7:14 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #113

Oh my god Lorenzo, I've heard about putting your all into ones work... but this is going a bit too far don't you think?!?

I'm hoping that the missing "chunk" of your thumb isn't in with my holsters. By the time that I'd recieve the box, put the chunk on ice in a zip-loc baggy and courier it back to you, the doctors wouldn't be able to graft it back on.
    Jan 24, 2008, 8:54 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #114

Hi bro,

I swear I posted this last night but it seems to have disappeared! Anyhow, here it is...and thanks for the measurements.

Managed to hit the store yesterday and picked up some LEDs. I have some good news and some bad ones, depending on your take on it. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk more. In the meantime, here's the LEDs I picked up.

LMK if this helps...oh and all three share the same base diameter.

Stay safe,

Tim.
    Last edited by Halo_1; Jan 24, 2008 at 8:56 PM. Reason: additional info
    Jan 24, 2008, 8:58 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #115

That middle one looks really good. I hope you can find a lot of them as I could use one too. I keep flip flopping on whether I prefer the mouser LED or the taller one you usually send out, Tim, but that middle one looks perfect.
    Jan 24, 2008, 9:05 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #116

I can only guess the bad news is trying to get a lot of them lol!
  17. HMPOTC33 is offline HMPOTC33
    Jan 24, 2008, 10:11 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #117

Cruzer can you put me on the list for the next run, full set with all the extras please
    Jan 25, 2008, 12:24 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #118

WOW! that middle one is pretty dead on.
    Jan 25, 2008, 11:13 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #119

Quote Halo_1 said: View Post
    Hi bro,

I swear I posted this last night but it seems to have disappeared! Anyhow, here it is...and thanks for the measurements.

Managed to hit the store yesterday and picked up some LEDs. I have some good news and some bad ones, depending on your take on it. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk more. In the meantime, here's the LEDs I picked up.

LMK if this helps...oh and all three share the same base diameter.

Stay safe,

Tim.
    No secrets here bro. Feel free to post the info here. I have yet to receive the sample from the states, and that middle one is "the one". So I'll take all you have up to 25.

Thanks for doing this. I owe you!

HMPOTC, you'll be at the top of the 2nd run list,
    Jan 26, 2008, 12:59 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #120

No secrets here bro. Feel free to post the info here. I have yet to receive the sample from the states, and that middle one is "the one". So I'll take all you have up to 25.

Thanks for doing this. I owe you!

HMPOTC, you'll be at the top of the 2nd run list,
    Copy that bro.

Okay, the good news is that I can meet your quota and more. Bad news is, the LEDs in Red are sold out. The have the middle LED in size, just with either a green or yellow bulb. I do know for a fact that you can remove the LED bulb, but it's your call bro. LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.
    Jan 26, 2008, 2:02 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #121

Just my luck. Let me tear into the ones I have to see what replacement will entail, and get back to you.

Thanks.
    Jan 26, 2008, 11:15 AM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #122

It's easy...although I had to take a dremel to cut off the non-threaded part to take out the bulb. It's actually not an LED, it's a bulb inside a red encasing. After I took the bulb out, I hit the top of the red casing with a rubber mallot and it came out easily.
    Jan 26, 2008, 1:53 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #123

Yeah, it's not removing the red lense that concerns me, it's whether a 5mm red LED will fit in the hole. I'll run to RS later today and pick up a few red LEDs to try it out. If they fit, then the chrome housings will be usuable and just the lenses will have to be taken out and replaced with red LEDs. I'm crossing my fingers till then!
    Jan 26, 2008, 3:36 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #124

Instead of using an LED, just replace it with a mini-krypton bulb. That's what I'm doing. They are brighter than LED's and can be found at Radioshack. That's what I used for my jet pack beacon. Here's what Batninja did: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=22395

But if you still want to use an LED, a 5mm Red LED fits in the chrome housing just fine. I just tried.

Edit: Just realized the mini krypton bulb thing won't work unless you have the red cover. In my circumstances, since I have the taller Halo_1 LED I can just take the red light cover from that and put it in the lower profile one.
    Last edited by Foxbatkllr; Jan 26, 2008 at 3:42 PM.
    Jan 26, 2008, 7:35 PM - Re: Cruzer Jango gauntlet run! #125

The only krypton bulbs I found were tiny and weren't red.

It looks like the red 5mm LEDs from RS fit, so we're good to go with just buying the variant colored housings.