Now that is a beautiful sight.
Now that is a beautiful sight.
Thanks for the updates Cruzer, and all those parts are looking nice.
I got my push-buttons, slide switch, and toggle switches as well as an LED sample from Mouser. The Slide Switch from Mouser is dead on perfect! The toggle switches and pushbuttons are the most accurate things I've seen yet, maybe perfect. The LED is nice and looks just like the LED's found on the prequel sabers but I don't think it's quite right for Jango. The Halo_1 LED seems to be the best still.
The only thing I didn't like about the slide switch was the dark metal housing, when the original is silver.
You're lucky to have gotten the correct LED. Out of the five samples I ordered, four were correct. But it's that allusive fifth one that according to the catalog's diagram, I think has a good chance of being a pretty close match to the original. I reordered it Monday, so hopefully it'll be in today or tomorrow.
Is the original silver? I don't have my pics on hand right now...anyways that's an easy fix. I think its perfect otherwise.
As for the Halo_1 LED it's really tall while the one I got from Mouser is more low profile. It's hard to tell which is more correct. The C2 pictures look more like the Mouser one, but the Paris exhibit pics look more like the Halo_1 LED to me. It's possible they used a couple of different types maybe? I don't know. I'm going to install both on my FP Gauntlets and take some pictures to see which looks better.
The samples I ordered were all from the maker, Dialight. I snapped a few pics of the ones I received to compare with the Halo_1 LED. The LED that keeps alluding me is similar in diameter to the base of the Halo_1 LED and has the same size LED, but smaller in height like #1.
Once I receive it, I'll snap a few more comparison pics.
I like the #1 LED personally. It seems like a more practical shape/size when taking into consideration its placement on the gauntlet. ( it seems less likely to snag on things. )
Yeah, me too. The LED I keep trying to get should be exactly like it but just smaller in diameter like the Halo LED.
sweet progress pics....can't wait to get this stuff...but i will..LOL
Ok guys, I'm running out of space to store these.
To thin things out a little, I'm going to mail out kits to those not waiting for Dark-Side parts.
Other than that, we're just waiting on the LED sample to arrive.
Reorganized Run List:
Those not on Dark-Side's List:
1. Steelblitz - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid
2. Satxer - gauntlet kit(fl), missile (r), & hardware...paid
3. Florida_Phil - gauntlet kit, missile, & hardware...paid
4. Illandriel- gauntlet kit, missile(sc), & hardware...paid
5. GCNgamer128 - missile(fl)...paid
Those waiting on Dark-Side parts:
1. TK-4426 - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...paid
2. JDFett - gauntlet kit & hardware...paid
3. BKBT - gaunlet kit & hardware...paid
4. nsucolonel - gauntlet kit(sc), missile(sc), & hardware...paid
5. Brad 1957 - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid
6. TK0363 - gauntlet kit(sc), missile(fl), & hardware...paid
7. Jango Wes - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(r), & hardware...paid
8. Skywalker810 - gauntlet kit, missile, & hardware...paid
9. Fangs - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...paid
10. Darth Hobbes - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid
11. SoulAssassin - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...paid
12. Darksaber212 - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid
13. TB750 - gaunlet kit(sc), missile(r), & hardware...paid
14. Oz - gauntlet kit, missile, & hardware...paid
1. Asok - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...trade
2. bobafett669 - gaunlet kit, missile, & hardware...trade
3. Seeker - missile(fl)
Last edited by Cruzer; Jan 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM. Reason: Created list
Now I just need it to stop raining, and get above 10C outside....
I thought Winter was supposed to be over last week? This sure doesn't look like spring to me!!! (Florida joke).
now thats a whole lot of gauntlets..LOL
Ok I see mine! Top row, third one from the right
Always glad to help...should you still need my help with the LEDs [if you think it's still the best ], just LMK.
Stay safe bro!
Here are some pics of the original LED. The first pic is from the C2 exhibit, while the second is from the Paris exhibit. They look to be the same except for just the LED pushed down a little.
I really like the Mouser LED after installing it. It's the same size LED as the Halo_1 LED but it's more low profile. It's part # 696-LXR3816SID-150 from Mouser.
Thanks Foxbatkllr, I'll have to check out that part. Have a close up pic you can share with us of it installed?
I was going through my Halo_1 LED inventory from my last order with him and noticed there were two LED that were slightly different. I think these just may be the accurate ones! Hey Halo_1, did you know that you sent me two different types? They're the same diameter, but just different heights.
Well, the last order I placed with you I bought ten or so. So the two that are different were in that order. If you can in fact get more of those lower profile LEDs, then in my opinion, they are identical to the screen-used part.
The diameter of the base is approximately 9.5mm, while the height of the chrome housing only is 3.5mm.
Cruzer talking in mm...instead of inches !!! GOD !!! This is a revelation !!! I will bookmark this day as a GREAT DAY FOR THE MANKIND !!! XDDD (Hey Lorenzo, just kidding off course ).
Yeah, off-topic like hell, but I'm pretty curious.
In the U.S. we use inches/feet/yards/miles most of the time. However, we often do use metric measurements for the benefit of those who live in other countries or sometimes as a more precise, small measurement. It's sometimes easier to measure in mm's than in inches.