Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 12, 2002, 9:10 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #51

Belt attached to the codpiece. First thing that goes on, then gun belt, braided leather belt and then ammo belt.
  2. Soju
    Sep 14, 2002, 5:38 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #52

So the cod piece isn't attached to the jumpsuit in any way? Doesn't it move around into ... um ... uncomfortable positions?
    Sep 14, 2002, 10:31 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #53

You can attach some velcro or a snap in the lower part of the cod piece to help with unwanted movement "down there". But, with everything that goes on top of the cod belt, it doesn't move around too much.
    Sep 14, 2002, 10:54 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #54

All I gotta say is how on earth do you move, breathe and eat with 4 belts around your waist?!
  5. Kylash327
    Sep 14, 2002, 11:49 AM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #55

You don't
    Sep 14, 2002, 1:12 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #56

I have a hard time picking up something off the floor in my costume. If I dont tie my shoes first, I have to ask my wife to do it. How the heck did Temura do it?

Mike
    Sep 14, 2002, 3:12 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #57

He had all sorts of people around him at every moment ready to help him out. I don't even want to think about having to potty in this costume. God help me there cause I can't even make a little escape hatch in my jumpsuit like you guys can.
    Sep 14, 2002, 4:00 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Cod Piece? #58

I'm also pretty sure in his battle scenes he had to have had rubberish armor. Which actually would be pretty cool to have a suit made out of. Just paint it like the real deal and you would have a lot more flexibility.
    Sep 29, 2002, 9:54 PM - Merged: Merged: Back armor is not fun! #59

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but getting the backarmor to mold and fit correctly sucks! This was the hardest part of the costume to do.

Mike
  10. Fugazi1369
    Sep 29, 2002, 10:37 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Back armor is not fun! #60

I had to use a heat gun on my sintra back armor about 4 times until I got the right contour for my back and shoulders. I feel for ya brother!

Neil
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 30, 2002, 9:10 PM - Merged: Merged: Re: Back armor is not fun! #61

And then, after you get it right...if you leave it in your hot car on a 105+ degree day...it sucks to be you.
    Oct 6, 2002, 8:31 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: How I attached my armor. #62

Just wanted to share with everyone how I attached my armor to my vest. I have yet to read anything about doing this way. I didn't want to glue it on the vest because I want to be able to wash it. I didn't want to snap or bolt it on becuase if I ever sell or change my armor or vest, I want a clean vest with no holes.
    I used industrial Velcro in the middle of each piece-a good size chunk to hold it to the vest. Then along ALL the edges of each piece I put the thin strips of Velcro. That way it is almost completely sealed around the edges so it will not stick out. So essentially the armor has a COMPLETE Velcro backing. My armor is metal and is fairly heavy and this holds VERY well. There is a good edge to the armor so the Velcro strips fit very nicely in the under groove. It looks as if the armor is glued on. I will be posting some pictures on my site soon. If anyone has questions or comments, I'd love to hear them!
  13. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Oct 6, 2002, 8:44 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #63

That sounds like a really great idea. You mentioned washing your vest. Won't the velcro come off? Isn't the industrial strength velcro in a sticky back only?
    Oct 6, 2002, 8:57 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #64

You can use FABRI-TAC. And just peal it off when needed.
    http://www.beaconcreates.com/fabri-tac.htm

I am just going to use the sticky Velcro and if the the Velrcro DOES come off, I can always put more on-it is fairly cheap. It is worth it to me to have a clean vest with no holes.
    Oct 6, 2002, 8:58 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #65

Generally, the industrial strength is only available in sticky back version. I don't trust the sticky back, so I always back it up by running it through my sewing machine or hand stitching it. It does gum up the needle, but the end result is well worth it.
    Oct 6, 2002, 9:10 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #66

I used industral velcro for my armor as well. I assume eventually it will wear out and then I will replace it. It worked great for me!

Mike
    Oct 6, 2002, 9:15 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #67

I have used the fabri-tac on the back of the industrial velcro to stick it to my jump suit for the leg armor. I put it right on the sticky back of the Velcro. It stuck VERY well.
    Oct 6, 2002, 9:29 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #68

How has everyone else attached it?
  19. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Oct 7, 2002, 12:05 AM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #69

Phantomfett, I've used sticky back velcro before and sewed over it too. Problem is my thread also gets sticky, and gets stuck, and I wind up with this giant glob of stick thread all knotted up! They don't do this with the industrial velcro, but there is velcro that has 1/2 stick back and 1/2 non sticky and I 've used that before- works very nice and no sticky needle!
    Oct 7, 2002, 2:13 AM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #70

Here are some pictures
    http://www.starwarsparty.com/vest_and_armor.html

and dont forget the rest of the (incomplete!) website.
    http://www.starwarsparty.com
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Oct 7, 2002, 12:35 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #71

To attach armor to cloth, you can put the "hook" side of the Industrial Strength Velcro on your armor. That way, it has to be sticky back, anyway. THEN, use regular Velcro "loop" side and sew it onto your cloth. The "loop" sides are the same in Industrial Strength and Regular.
    Oct 7, 2002, 1:06 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #72

That looks really good man!

I think when my armor arrives (same stuff as yours ) I'll do the same method.

One question -

When you line up the armor, to make sure you attach it in the right spots, I'm assuming you have the vest and jumpsuit on, place the armor on, then mark the now correct place w/ marking chalk or some such thing?

thanks!

take care,

-Rex
    Oct 7, 2002, 5:26 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #73

Actually, no! I didnt put it on to attach the armor. I put the vest on a pillow to give it some shape, then I eyeballed the placement of the armor. I started with the collar and worked my way down. Not all that hard really. Then I put the vest on with all the armor on it to make sure everthing was where I wanted it.
  24. Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Oct 7, 2002, 8:35 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #74

Dude that armor is awesome
    we seriously have to buckle down and make our armor. just have to get the sintra.
    the velcro sounds like a good idea. we'll probably try that out

Oct 7, 2002, 11:31 PM - Merged: Merged: Merged: Re: How I attached my armor. #75

Thanks man,I'm looking forward to doing mine...