Subscribe
  1. mando25 is offline mando25
    Nov 28, 2006, 9:13 PM - can some one help me with a helmet?! #1

i feel horrible for asking this of you people, but does anyone have a used helmet with a movable viewfinder that they are willing to get rid of? i cant find one that i can afford, and without the helmet my costume will never be complete!if you are willing to give one to me, i will pay, and if you want to help me out please pm me. thanks.... *goes on couch and curls into a ball, being misarable*
    Last edited by mando25; Nov 28, 2006 at 9:47 PM.
    Nov 29, 2006, 1:28 AM - Re: can some one help me with a helmet?! #2

try rubies
  3. Nov 29, 2006, 7:49 AM - Re: can some one help me with a helmet?! #3

Perhaps not the answer you desired... but try cardboard
    The cardboard-made helmets I've seen around here are superior to any Rubies/Don Post by far. I would download Wizard of Flight's blueprints if I was in your position.

Blueprints:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=10497
    Example:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=14780

Good luck in whatever path you choose for your helmet
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Nov 29, 2006, 8:29 AM - Re: can some one help me with a helmet?! #4

Quote mando25 said: View Post
    i feel horrible for asking this of you people, but does anyone have a used helmet with a movable viewfinder that they are willing to get rid of? i cant find one that i can afford, and without the helmet my costume will never be complete!if you are willing to give one to me, i will pay, and if you want to help me out please pm me. thanks.... *goes on couch and curls into a ball, being misarable*
    Well first of all, if you're looking for a quality helmet, DO NOT BUY A RUBIES.

About 100% of the helmets do have the movable rangefinder, so I couldn't be worried about finding one that does not. Generally an unpainted Jango helmet could be sold for a few hundred dollars, and add a new more hundred to look for a painted one.
  5. mando25 is offline mando25
    Nov 29, 2006, 12:21 PM - Re: can some one help me with a helmet?! #5

k.... thanks
  6. mando25 is offline mando25
    Dec 26, 2006, 1:13 PM - Re: can some one help me with a helmet?! #6

i have a helmet now, please delete