Subscribe
    May 26, 2013, 11:47 PM - Breastplate for airsoft. #1

I found this guide on how to make Jango Fett's torso armor (chest, belly, shoulders, and back) out of cardboard, and I was wondering if that would protect me during an airsoft fight. I mostly want it so I can look bad@$$, but I want to know how well it'll shield me. I would attach it to a t-shirt or vest, then wear it over another t-shirt (probably long-sleeved). Thanks.
    May 27, 2013, 12:41 AM - Re: Breastplate for airsoft. #2

requirements for safety wear and for costumes like you'll find on TDH are very different. There are a lot of variables, depending on how you craft your armor (fiberglass, urethane resin) and what kind of weapons you will be playing with and the FPS and range you'll play at. Basically, you could do it but it would not be particularly effective and may be ripped apart by BBs
    May 27, 2013, 9:28 AM - Re: Breastplate for airsoft. #3

Quote BobaFiend said: View Post
    requirements for safety wear and for costumes like you'll find on TDH are very different. There are a lot of variables, depending on how you craft your armor (fiberglass, urethane resin) and what kind of weapons you will be playing with and the FPS and range you'll play at. Basically, you could do it but it would not be particularly effective and may be ripped apart by BBs
    We're playing with spring weapons, and I don't know about the average FPS rate of the group, but my friend said 300 FPS is a little high. We're also playing in dense woods. What do you think I should make it out of?
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 27, 2013, 11:36 AM - Re: Breastplate for airsoft. #4

Think its probably a terrible idea to make body armor from anything that isnt designed for protection. You should goto an airsoft forum and research this.
    May 27, 2013, 11:55 AM - Re: Breastplate for airsoft. #5

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Think its probably a terrible idea to make body armor from anything that isnt designed for protection. You should goto an airsoft forum and research this.
    Will do, thanks!