Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Dec 2, 2013, 3:43 PM - Re: Boots!!! #26

I messaged the seller, I really want a pair of them too
    Dec 5, 2013, 2:53 PM - Re: Boots!!! #27

Can someone let me know if any more turn up anywhere please, thank u
    Dec 6, 2013, 8:35 AM - Re: Boots!!! #28

Guess they didn't have anymore? They have become a rare item these days.... Did receive the ones I got from eBay and they are what they say they are. Good luck for me on the boots, not so much with my helmet. Had been looking for the boots since September.
    Last edited by syllander; Dec 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Dec 6, 2013, 9:31 AM - Re: Boots!!! #29

huh? how has it been hard there are several reputable vendors on here for helmets i find it hard to believe but good you found some boots
    Dec 6, 2013, 10:00 AM - Re: Boots!!! #30

Not hard to find the helmet....just had mine fall to the ground and get a 2.5 spiderweb series of cracks in the coldcast layer. The boots have been very hard to source. Will say the bed stu are prolly nicer than the buffalino, at least taller anyway. Didn't come out so well verbally....., just referring to my luck.
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Dec 7, 2013, 9:06 PM - Re: Boots!!! #31

awww that does suck almost makes a grown man cry wish you luck with your next bucket i got lucky on the boots got some KC pit crew knock offs made in mexico from a garrison member closest to accurate
    Dec 7, 2013, 10:11 PM - Re: Boots!!! #32

Nearly broke my heart!
    Cruzer is going to try and salvage the lid....
    Dec 8, 2013, 4:10 PM - Re: Boots!!! #33

Quote syllander said: View Post
    Nearly broke my heart!
    Cruzer is going to try and salvage the lid....
    Only thing at that point is to fill the cracks, a few layers of primer and use the paint. While the colds cast is meant to not have to use silver paint, once you mess up a section on it, you've essentially ruined the entire thing
    Dec 8, 2013, 5:21 PM - Re: Boots!!! #34

Not so sure. If you grind out the cracks then clean, mix a small batch of CC resin and full. Tape thick smooth plastic over it to keep it in place until cured. Then blend into area. Fiberglass products tend to adhere to themselves pretty well in repairs. Will be some color variation but it's just so crazy it might work.
    Worst case is to grind, clean, fill with epoxy, then smooth/blend and prime locally. Then hit area with some RubNBuff to blend back in, then add a little helpful "weathering" at that area....worth a shot anyway and sounds good on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to boots. If anyone else has suggestions or finds some that they can't use, quite a few folks here would love to pick them up.
    Dec 9, 2013, 11:35 PM - Re: Boots!!! #35

You could use water this cyanoacrylate adhesive that will use capillary action to fill the crack. Sprinkle on some nickel dust & then hit with an accelerator & once it is sanded back down level, the crack should be filled & discreet if not invisible. You could always use a little rub n buff in that area as well to blend in. I wouldn't scrap the helmet, the damage is pretty minor. I think grinding out the crack bigger is just going to leave you with a more visible scar.
    Dec 10, 2013, 3:23 AM - Re: Boots!!! #36

It's currently en route to Cruz, to use whatever method or force he deems necessary
    Definitely not going to scrap the helmet, but was extremely close that first night I discovered it. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Dec 10, 2013, 7:31 AM - Re: Boots!!! #37

On a previous commission with a FettPride ILM CC, a portion on the back was sanded down to the resin layer, which essentially eliminated the cold cast layer. I tried rub and buff however, R&B is significantly lighter in color than the cold cast. It didn't look too good IMO. Maybe you can blend it in with weathering but IDK
    Jan 26, 2014, 8:02 AM - Re: Boots!!! #38

hi guys, still had no joy on this one is it possible someone could list the makes/models that can be used as an alternative please? cheers
    Jan 26, 2014, 8:44 AM - Re: Boots!!! #39

Kenneth Cole pit crew....original
    Buffalino Sentinels
    Bed Stu....I believe they were called Modules or Prowlers
    Jan 26, 2014, 1:03 PM - Re: Boots!!! #40

Thank you
    Jan 26, 2014, 3:40 PM - Re: Boots!!! #41

What about the custom Mando boots from Crowe? I saw a pair that sold in the Cargo Hold recently. They deviate from screen accurate slightly because they are all leather, but that doesn't matter because that part is covered by the flightsuit.
    Jan 26, 2014, 4:30 PM - Re: Boots!!! #42

That is another option. Goes by crow62 here on TDH, and Gio(RPF I think)somewhere else.
    Jan 26, 2014, 7:24 PM - Re: Boots!!! #43

Thanks guys will check it out
    Jan 28, 2014, 5:14 AM - Re: Boots!!! #44

BKBT, which Crow/Gio boots are those? The Pit Crews I got from him were durn near perfect. The bits that are supposed to be leather are leather, and the uppers that are supposed to be nylon (or whatever) are nylon (or whatever).

I'm pretty sure he's continuing to get caught up on his initial deluge of orders/interest for those. *heh* I waited a year for mine, but was in the initial interest/payment group. Others who ordered later got theirs sooner. In my opinion, they're well worth it.

--Jonah
    Jan 28, 2014, 5:39 AM - Re: Boots!!! #45

I've sent Crowe a pm
    Jan 28, 2014, 8:31 AM - Re: Boots!!! #46

Yea Crow, from what I saw on CTN, has gotten back in the game...it appears he came back and rectified the issues he had previously and is re-building his reputation.

As for the actual boots, he calls them something to the affect of "mandolorian" boots, which are essentially similar to black combat boots just with the Kenneth Cole sole...he goes only up to a size 14 from what he told me.

I have been considering asking him to mold up my size 16's KC's and make a boot just like that for a future project....
    Jan 28, 2014, 10:24 AM - Re: Boots!!! #47

boots and jetpack proving elusive for me
    Jan 28, 2014, 5:43 PM - Re: Boots!!! #48

Oooohh... I think I see what you're talking about. He does the Pit Crews as replicas, but also does the white/tan Galactic Marine/Light Infantry style, and the all-leather "Mandalorian" style. I had forgotten about that last.

The whole mess was that he drastically underestimated demand/interest. That, combined with a bunch of bad stuff at his end (health problems that got sorted, ongoing PayPal issues vis-a-vis his country's relationship with PP -- he can't link his PP to a bank account, and is limited to how much PP will let him withdraw as a prepaid card every month)... he just got overwhelmed and a lot of people started hating on him. I know he's a good guy and would never leave anone hanging, even if it took him a while. I even got my Royal Guard and Republic Commando boots from him during the time I was waiting for my Pit Crews. Since he already had them in my size on hand, there was no waiting and I got them a week later. He even did the right thing and stopped taking new orders for a while so he could catch up somewhat.

As for the rocketpack... What are you running into? Which version of the pack do you want, and what are your constraints? There are templates and pepakura patterns out ther eif you're up for scratch-building your own. And I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple vendors around here who sell them...

--Jonah
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Jan 28, 2014, 9:58 PM - Re: Boots!!! #49

i wear a sz US 12 shoe and an 11 is what my harley D boots are does crows run a little big i might want a pair some time later
    Jan 28, 2014, 10:02 PM - Re: Boots!!! #50

Peregrinus, I've been given a stubby jetpack but it's less accurate than I hoped! Will go for a home build as I lost my job just before xmas!! Downloaded all files earlier today. Thanks