Subscribe
  1. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:05 PM - Blasters: Toy vs. MR #1

I can't decide weather to stick with the toy version or try to mod them to be closer to actual size. From what I've seen around the MR appear to be longer? Is that correct? I searched for mods and they're pretty old, all the pictures are gone. Does anyone have both the toy and MR's. What's the difference in length? Or, any good mods that can be done. Going by the WOF's threads, the toys are more than a inch shorter than the MR"s , Right?

I'm not opposed to the resin kits if they're the same size as the MR's.
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:10 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #2

yes they are apparently shorter, and the flash supressor is more bulbous.
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:11 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #3

I have both. If you want I can take comparision pics and post them. Just let me know.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:18 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #4

Please, that would be great. Thanks!
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:24 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #5

OK here is the pic. A MR Blaster and a repainted rubie´s one

6. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:34 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #6

Wow there's a big difference! Anyone have some resin replicas? I've seen them on E-bay before, but didn't know what size they were based on, so I didn't bid. Thanks Uri
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:42 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #7

No problem. I´m quite bored tonight . I´ve heard resin are based on the MR ones. I know Skalen Fehl has a Resin Kit. I think thats a good way to go. They look super good!

Of course nothing like the MR ones. If you have enough money buy them! I just love them....

And one of them has a closed trigger so you can do the wester movement
    Mar 11, 2006, 3:47 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #8

My resin replicas as posted by JangoUri above are a very nice alternative to the toy versions, which I also own. I still would very much like to have MR's but I'm happy with what I have.

If anyone decides to go the resin route, make sure everything is sanded and perfectly smooth before painting/chroming, etc. You don't want to see the imperfections of pits and stuff. Paint won't cover that up.
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2006, 4:05 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #9

Any good Jango resin blaster sources here on the boards? Set of used ones maybe?
    Mar 11, 2006, 10:42 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #10

The resin blasters are actually cast from a set of fan made aluminum blasters that were available on the board here a couple of years ago (note that the business end has a straight taper). I don't think anyone in their right mind would dare recast any MR stuff unless they want to get slapped down by MR & LFL.
    Mar 12, 2006, 12:13 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #11

I was told by some guys at C3 that MRs are not actually screen accurate, so I'd rather not invest the $$ in them, but who is good at making blasters???
    Mar 12, 2006, 12:45 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #12

Quote JangoUri said:
    OK here is the pic. A MR Blaster and a repainted rubie´s one

ow my... does that Rubies one have a sound effect aswell?

anyways... the Rubies cost hm... 7,99 per gun??

MR is 399 for a set of 2...

If I ever do a Jango I'll be perfectly satisfied with a bunch of Rubies guns...more durable then resin ones anyways...
    Mar 12, 2006, 12:53 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #13

Quote RBF said:
    ow my... does that Rubies one have a sound effect aswell?
    Yep, It has
    Mar 22, 2006, 12:17 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #14

I just got two rubies blasters, is the hand grip really that wide on the real prop?
    Mar 22, 2006, 2:03 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #15

Quote Bluewolf said:
    I just got two rubies blasters, is the hand grip really that wide on the real prop?
    Yes, it is
  16. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Mar 22, 2006, 9:07 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #16

Thanks for ther comparison shots Uri!
    Apr 1, 2006, 6:11 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #17

Well I bid on a set of MR blasters and won. No case or certificate, but I don't care about that. One of the Allen screws is missing, but I am sure I can find a new one. Worst part is, I already made holsters for my Rubies. Time to make a new set.

One question, one of the guns has a closed finger guard, but the other is open, is that normal on the MR's? I did note that the MR grip handle is about 1/8" slimmer than the rubies. Doesn't seem like much, but feels much better in the hand.

Oh does anyone know the size of the allen wrench for that iddy bitty screw at the front? I don't have one, and I don't want to tote the gun in to the store.
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Apr 1, 2006, 7:31 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #18

Quote Bluewolf said:
    Well I bid on a set of MR blasters and won. No case or certificate, but I don't care about that. One of the Allen screws is missing, but I am sure I can find a new one. Worst part is, I already made holsters for my Rubies. Time to make a new set.

One question, one of the guns has a closed finger guard, but the other is open, is that normal on the MR's? I did note that the MR grip handle is about 1/8" slimmer than the rubies. Doesn't seem like much, but feels much better in the hand.

Oh does anyone know the size of the allen wrench for that iddy bitty screw at the front? I don't have one, and I don't want to tote the gun in to the store.

The closed "trigger" is the right hand blaster so you can spin it before putting in the holster, as seen in the arena scean.
    Apr 1, 2006, 9:11 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #19

Just take the screw from the other one? or are they both missing?
  20. Apr 3, 2006, 2:54 AM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #20

Quote Bluewolf said:

What are you gonna do with your old holsters? Just wonderin if someone might be able to grab them up.
    Apr 3, 2006, 12:25 PM - Re: Blasters: Toy vs. MR #21

I can remove the other screw as a reference, no problem. It's the allen screw just behind the flash hider that I will just have to guess at.

As for the old holsters, well my first thought was to have two sets. I did make two sets of pouches and I still have the rubies blasters. So it's possible that I could use the rubies as "Stunt" blasters and use them for events that require air travel. Keep the MR's for local events.