Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jul 8, 2008, 1:34 AM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #26

nail it is then
    Jul 8, 2008, 1:38 AM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #27

Here is a couple shots of what I got done so far. Just got the 20's on the armor backs. I'm gonna try and get it all on tomw evening. This CA glue is amazing! strong, fast drying and really neat. Not like working with superglue where all of my fingers are stuck together :/

Using the measuring tape and intersecting the lines worked great Cruzer, Thanks!
    Jul 8, 2008, 1:58 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #28

Looks good. You're half way there. Now mark a center line down the front of your vest with a pencil (it will erase easily). Then Put on your vest, and starting with the neck armor, stand in front of a mirror and kind of eyeball where you want the armor to go. At this time hold the armor in place and mark pencil lines around it that will help you line it up later. Now Rub Rn'B on the snaps, and return to the mirror and carefully place the neck armor in place using your pencil lines if you made some. Push down hard so the snaps contact the vest and when you remove the armor, some small circles should remain where you will need to center the snaps. Try not to move the armor once you make contact with the snaps or you'll get a bunch of circles and the exact location needed will not be clear.

Once you have a piece of armor affixed, keep it on for all further armor placements so you can make sure everything looks good together.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08857.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	25875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08859.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	25876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08860.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	25877  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08864.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	25878  
    Jul 8, 2008, 2:14 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #29

This help is coming just at the right time for me, as I'm hoping to be able to attach the armor to the vest and have everything done for Saturday at Comic-Con. So thank you for the detailed pics!
    Jul 8, 2008, 7:29 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #30

Good news! I got the snaps installed and the armor (mostly) on. I didnt get the center diamond on yet. Thanks again Cruzer for the awesome reference photos!

This is the fitting. I used masking tape to line things up just cuz i couldnt find a white pencil anywhere lol. I had Tiffany place them on me. Definitely not a one person job.

This is me getting impatient with the snaps.

Tiffany soon takes over the snaps to save my sanity.

Done with the snaps.

This is the first fitting and the most of my costume that I have had on yet!!! WOO!

The last pic is a fitting with me holding the bolo belt and ammo belts in the back.
    Jul 8, 2008, 7:35 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #31

Good news! I got the snaps installed and the armor (mostly) on. I didnt get the center diamond on yet. Thanks again Cruzer for the awesome reference photos!

This is the fitting. I used masking tape to line things up just cuz i couldnt find a white pencil anywhere lol. I had Tiffany place them on me. Definitely not a one person job.

This is me getting impatient with the snaps.

Tiffany soon takes over the snaps to save my sanity.

Done with the snaps.

This is the first fitting and the most of my costume that I have had on yet!!! WOO!

The last pic is a fitting with me holding the bolo belt and ammo belts in the back.
    Jul 8, 2008, 9:45 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #32

You did a great job on that armor placement. I'm going to start referring people to you to hire out. Well done!
    Jul 8, 2008, 10:34 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #33

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    You did a great job on that armor placement. I'm going to start referring people to you to hire out. Well done!
    lol, thanks man! Actually you will want to refer them to The Pink Mando cuz she was the one who actually did most of the grunt work on this one
    Oct 14, 2009, 10:20 PM - Re: Attaching Snaps help #34

Hello, how do you atach the back armor??can you publish some images?? thanks.