Subscribe
    Jan 11, 2009, 11:01 PM - Attaching boot armor? #1

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any pictures. Do you just glue the snap to the out side of the boot and attach the other end to elastic? Or is there a hole drilled through the heel of the boot? pics would be super!
    Jan 12, 2009, 8:08 AM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #2

I don't have any pics of the boots.
    I glued snaps on the sides of the armor and attached an elastic to go on the back side of the shoe. I also have one elastic going under the shoe, also with snaps.
    This way the armor stays where it should and I can replace the elastics when needed.
    Jan 12, 2009, 10:26 AM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #3

Phil, the snaps do indeed go through the hell of the boot. Here's a pic of mine to help illustrate

I used long shank snaps on the boot heels, then attached the dome part to the elastic. The elastic is then looped around the boot so it fits snug, but not too snug as you want it to give some without flopping around as you walk. I then riveted the strap to the boot armour ( just make sure that you back the snaps and rivets so that they won't pull through the elastic strap ).
    Jan 12, 2009, 1:37 PM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #4

Jan 12, 2009, 2:22 PM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #5

appreciate it!
  6. Jan 12, 2009, 3:06 PM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #6

This is fantastic, will use this when I get my boot armour
    Jan 21, 2009, 10:26 PM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #7

FOX, thanks so much for that tutorial. I was desperately trying to set it the old way and losing my mind. I will pick up a C clamp tomw. I would highly recommend sacrificing a setter and doing it this way.
    Jan 24, 2009, 5:24 PM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #8

Quote Jango72 said: View Post
    I used long shank snaps on the boot heels, then attached the dome part to the elastic. The elastic is then looped around the boot so it fits snug, but not too snug as you want it to give some without flopping around as you walk. I then riveted the strap to the boot armour ( just make sure that you back the snaps and rivets so that they won't pull through the elastic strap ).
    I've just done mine, and after re-reading this i wonder if my elastic is too tight. I'm going to need a way of securing the armour to the top of the boot at the toe, any suggestions? velcro maybe?
    Jan 24, 2009, 10:53 PM - Re: Attaching boot armor? #9

Quote chansplace said: View Post
    I've just done mine, and after re-reading this i wonder if my elastic is too tight. I'm going to need a way of securing the armour to the top of the boot at the toe, any suggestions? velcro maybe?
    I think velcro would be best for the Top/Med section. Many members here decided to go on that direction.