Well, I got asked to put together fresh BKBT helmet kit recently, and just recieved it in the mail! Brings back memories, because this was the same first prop replica I ever put together.
So, as I always do when I handle a second copy or cast, I analyze it. What I like about this casting is that their appears to be a better quality FG resin used. Not sure, but it feels alot heavier then mine, mainly on the dome. But either way, its still a BKBT, and I was able to spot all the signature marks and such on the surface which were on mine when I first saw it.
Anyways, to the helmet. You guys know the drill. Trim everything, clean up the edges, bondo if needed, sand some more, Paint and put together!
hmm..I dont know why the pic is not so sharp....
Well, the only other big thing that I would need to do now, is decide if I want to try and fix the bubble casting using bondo, or repeat the same LED replacement method I did on Darksword's helmet.
But other then that, I just need to hone my rub and buffing skills. Also, the inside seems really even and smooth, so Im confident about being able to make the visor sit relatively flush against it.
More pics of progress to come!