Subscribe
    Nov 30, 2005, 9:22 PM - poop on all the different yellows, 95% finished knees #1

well after mixing and mixing and mixing, then spraying and spraying to get the right color on my sintra shoulder bells i couldnt get the color i like and got rather ticked off , so back to a different hobby store that had a better variation of paint. I go my other paint at the local model train shop so i went to one that sells everything.
    To go off topic for a second, this project has reminded me of my utter hatred for acrylic paints. my cheap sintra shoulders were one thing but i didnt want to put runs and wrong colors on my MLC knees.
    Anyways i searched all the paints and as i scanned through the polly scale paints and found a small bottle of "orange/yellow". after shaking it forever the color kept getting better. i painted the knees up and i am quite happy with the outcome. when i get new shoulders i plan on using this color on the right shoulder and e/l yellow on the right.
    here are some pics to see what everyone thinks, i will try to get some other pics outdoors if the sun ever shine again here. my cameras flash has 1 setting (too bright) so these were took while i used my finger to block out some of the flash.
    the one on the left is
    pretty close to what the color is, to much flash on the right one
    Nov 30, 2005, 11:14 PM - Re: poop on all the different yellows, 95% finished knees #2

That looks great! Good find!
    Dec 1, 2005, 2:55 AM - Re: poop on all the different yellows, 95% finished knees #3

Nice!!
    Now . .what' was the paint?
    looks like a Boyd color or Tamiya?
    Dec 1, 2005, 7:15 AM - Re: poop on all the different yellows, 95% finished knees #4

Quote Hotshot said:
    Nice!!
    Now . .what' was the paint?
    looks like a Boyd color or Tamiya?
    In his post, he said Poly Scale.
    Dec 5, 2005, 8:08 PM - Re: poop on all the different yellows, 95% finished knees #5

it was a polly scale color, i think it is a military color
    here are the numbers if anyone wants them

#505220 USAAC ORANGE YELLOW (FS 13432)