Well, it's the weekend again, which means I have time to paint! :) So I took the opportunity to finish up my FP vac-formed cod piece.
I don't have any step-by-step photos of this piece. But my painting technique is the same as always: topical.
I used some Polly S US Med Green for the base coat, after testing a different color from the Testors MM line that was supposed to be the same. No dice. :thumbsd
After the base coat, I drew on the damage, sizing my reference photos so they would be the same size as the actual piece. Once I was happy with the damage placement, I painted the silver first. I use Tamiya Chrome Silver for my "bare metal" damage. It goes on smooth, and it dries really fast!
Once the silver was done, I used Testors Yellow Zinc Chromate for the exposed yellowish areas. All damage was applied with a fine detail brush.
To get a more uneven, blended finish, I misted on some plain flat black. In the close-up pic of the dent, you can see the speckles. Everything was then sealed with Testors Dullcote.
So now I'm one step closer to finishing my costume! Woo-hoo!! :D
Enjoy the pics.