Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 2, 2005, 12:59 PM - this is my boba how is it #1

hi guys im almost done and this me at a badlands event, is it good? http://badlands.ca/modules.php?name=...2_itemId=15361
    Nov 2, 2005, 4:05 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #2

looks good!!

just dirty up that jumpsuit a little!!
    Nov 2, 2005, 5:08 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #3

do u have any tips on how to do that? without ruining it
    Nov 2, 2005, 5:09 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #4

and if more people could tell me wht they think about my costume that would help me and dont forget to put in any cmment or ideas.
    Nov 2, 2005, 5:51 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #5

Spraypaint or an airbrush will dirty it up great. Other than that, it looks great to me.
    Nov 5, 2005, 5:03 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #6

for some reason mine doesnt look even close to the real thing but yet im not missing anything except the shin tools -sigh-
    Nov 5, 2005, 5:10 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #7

anybody body got any tips or ideas for m. can u guys telll me thanks.
    Nov 5, 2005, 8:04 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #8

I think your costume looks really good. The only one thing I see, is maybe a little too much 'damage' done on the armor and gauntlets. Lessen up the silver areas a bit would be my only observation.

For the jumpsuit, I went to the local store and bought Rit fabric dye and added the dye and some water in a spray bottle. Just remember that 'less is more' and start slow by just misting the cloth. After you are satisfied, wash the garment and you are done.
    Nov 5, 2005, 8:06 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #9

Well, I think it looks pretty good. I would have to agree that the flight suit could use a little weathering.
  10. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Nov 5, 2005, 10:25 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #10

Looks great. Like the others said, weather the jumsuit, touch up the gauntlets, and then after your first few kills add your wookie scalps.
    Nov 6, 2005, 11:16 AM - Re: this is my boba how is it #11

Your Ab peice looks good.. but the left&right chest armour peices look out of proportion compared to the ab-peice and center diamond.
    And i'd say that you went a bit overboard with the weathering on the gauntlets...

And yeah.. get som dirt on the jumpsuit..

Everything else looks fine..
    Nov 8, 2005, 1:44 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #13

ok, you got the costume... now I suggest to learn the character...

don't just "stand" there... Boba usually just...stands there aswell... but he takes certain postures...

I'd go and look ESB and ROTJ to see what he stands like when not doing anything (the ESB destroyer bridge, where he kind of crosses his arms with his gun leaned against the upper arm, or the ROTJ palace scene where the scenes are flippen...)
    Nov 8, 2005, 1:45 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #14

just looking through the pics, what kind of boots are those?
    Nov 8, 2005, 5:54 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #15

hiking boots =P u mean watch the movies and see how he stands or wht? cause im not sure where to look other wise
    Last edited by shade_99; Nov 8, 2005 at 6:05 PM.
    Nov 8, 2005, 6:26 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #16

i dirtyed my jump suit up i hope i didnt screw it up. i hope it looks good. -sighs- do u guys want to see?
    Nov 8, 2005, 9:26 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #17

Here is what I suggest to make a more canon Fett. Get some Yellow Zinc Chromate paint. Use this to lessen the silver on the armor. What I mean is color in around the edges of the silver like this:

Next, dirty up the armor some more. Make the wheat symbol dirty by misting it with an airbrush or even putting a rust/black mix on your thumb and just rub it on there. The key is to make it look like it got dirty at the same rate that the rest of the armor did.
    Add some red back to the gauntlets. Then dirty them up as well. R_Boba has a great tutorial on gauntlets here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=8016
    After all is said and done get some Dullcoat or even Krylon Crystal Clear Satin and dull the hard parts up.

Study pictures of Fett. Not only because of his stances but also for the details on the suit. I repainted several pieces of my armor because I didn't think they looked enough like the real thing.
    BTW, I would love to see the freshly dirtied jumpsuit!

Here are a couple of classic Fett like poses that I use. You can never go wrong with the Jabba's Palace Fett stance IMO.

Nov 8, 2005, 10:38 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #18

Quote Pavespawn said:
    Here is what I suggest to make a more canon Fett. Get some Yellow Zinc Chromate paint. Use this to lessen the silver on the armor. What I mean is color in around the edges of the silver like this:

Next, dirty up the armor some more. Make the wheat symbol dirty by misting it with an airbrush or even putting a rust/black mix on your thumb and just rub it on there. The key is to make it look like it got dirty at the same rate that the rest of the armor did.
    Add some red back to the gauntlets. Then dirty them up as well. R_Boba has a great tutorial on gauntlets here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=8016
    After all is said and done get some Dullcoat or even Krylon Crystal Clear Satin and dull the hard parts up.

Study pictures of Fett. Not only because of his stances but also for the details on the suit. I repainted several pieces of my armor because I didn't think they looked enough like the real thing.
    BTW, I would love to see the freshly dirtied jumpsuit!

Here are a couple of classic Fett like poses that I use. You can never go wrong with the Jabba's Palace Fett stance IMO.

Show off.lol
    Nov 8, 2005, 10:58 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #19

WOW yours is GREAT it puts mine to shame =(. yours is so good im never going to get it that good
    Nov 9, 2005, 2:29 AM - Re: this is my boba how is it #20

well with an attitude like that you won't

^^^ haha, get it?

well besides being dad. I'd say yeah, you definately need to go back and work on weathering. The yellow zinc color aroudn the edges of the silvers and i'd say maroon the gauntlets and black mist them with scrapes of silver, not huge blotches

also. you need some wookie pelts

-=QuinN!
    Nov 9, 2005, 11:36 AM - Re: this is my boba how is it #21

Quote shade_99 said:
    WOW yours is GREAT it puts mine to shame =(. yours is so good im never going to get it that good
    Yours is not that bad! :thumbup You will be amazed at the difference after you go back and do some weathering. Knocking the shine off and the little details that I told you will make it look like a new.. err old Fett!

Quote shortimer52 said:
    Show off.lol
    Okay that's enough from the peanut gallery!
    Nov 9, 2005, 11:58 AM - Re: this is my boba how is it #22

WOW! That's a huge improvement from when I first saw it
    The suggestions I've heard are right, toning down the weathering blotches to defined patterns with yellow around the edges makes a vast difference. To weather the jumpsuit, just lightly mist around with black and browns, and go a bit heavier on the legs. Just do a search for reference photos and I'm sure you can make some shin tools froms scratch for now.

Very impressive, you are definitely on the right track. Just look how I started out with my first couple 'versions' before TDH!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evoi.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	6765  
    Nov 9, 2005, 12:17 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #23

it takes a long time to get it right... i "finished" my suit in september, and look at the difference from then til now:

September 18th:

November 1st:

i've still got a long road ahead, but the progress is (at least to me!) very obvious

i have a page up nitpicking my own costume... it might help for you to see the observations i've made on my stuff:
    http://tk7602.com/bobafett/evolution.php

my only negative comments on your suit have already been said: the gauntlets look a bit "over-weathered", and the chest armor looks a bit big. otherwise though, it looks worlds better than my first troop
    Nov 9, 2005, 12:30 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #24

Thanks you guys ill do that thanks so much for your help ill post my pics after im done doing wht u said i should do.
    Nov 9, 2005, 9:26 PM - Re: this is my boba how is it #25

here is my boba that i took your guyses advise. how is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (smaller).jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	6771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boba.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	6772