Well, I am nearly done with this. All the green parts are finished being painted and weathered, unless someone points out some glaring errors. I just need to fix Rodann's shoulder/cod studs on. There are some FG ones already on the MLC collar piece, but having got the Rodann ones ages ago I thought it would be a shame not to use them. I have put snaps on the back of the armour to fix it to the vest (when I get round to sewing the other part of the snaps onto the vest, of course.
The yellow parts need weathering, darts gluing on the knees and snaps fixing on the back. Then I need to matt clear coat it to dull the gloss yellow.
The colours won't make sense to you US guys, as I'm in the UK, but for those in the UK, they are:
Base green: Humbrol Enamel (spray can) matt dark green
Base yellow: Tamiya Enamel (spray can) gloss Camel yellow
Damage yellow: Humbrol Acrylic (pot) Matt Trainer Yellow mixed with approx 25% Humbrol Acrylic (pot) satin white.
Damage silver: Tamiya acrylic (pot) Chrome silver
Clear coat: Humbrol enamel (spray can) matt varnish
Weathering on the green parts was a generous misting of Humbrol Enamel (spray can) matt black, followed by a misting of Humbrol Enamel (spray can) Matt olive green (which is great for ESB bucket dome and cheeks, BTW), followed by a misting of plasti-Kote grey primer (just because I had it lying around!). I then did a few random scratches before and after the mistings with a silver pen
The damage loosely follows a mixture of the Ref CD (MOM)and the visual dictionary, along with a few ad-libs due to mistakes or to cover the odd paint run in the base yellow (it's a great shade, but a pig of a paint to get to stick - you need really thin coats).
The armour was a dream to paint. No clean up or prep needed. It comes trimmed, sanded, gelcoated and primered. The dents are already in there and are pretty accurate, depending on which version you look at and whether you look at the VD or Ref CD, etc. All I did was cut out the chest LED holes. I also need to cut out JP harness slots and add the little covers on there once I know what harness I'll be using.
This is my first foray into painting and weathering and I am fiercely proud of it, but I would welcome constructive criticism. I don't intend to re-paint at the mo, but I'll note all comments in case I decide to re-paint later.
Many thanks first and foremost to Mardon (armour), Rodann (shoulder studs), VashDstampede (chest and shoulder decals) and the children of Kelsey Park Grammar school electronics club (Chest LED's). Thanks also to everyone for making this a community where I feel I can show this stuff off without fear of ridicule!. Thanks also to Brak's and Secoll for the on-line Ref CD whick was invaluable. Especially pic 99!
Oh, and just for your reference and perspective assistance, the floor tiles in the pics are 11 3/4" square.
Be gentle with me.
Here are the pics: