Subscribe
  1. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    May 27, 2006, 9:51 PM - guantlets #1

ok I can't find ruffkintoys is that on e bay? and whoever contacted me on ebay to tell me about TDH U ROK. I have already begun constructing2 back packs My sone has a Jango costume ( he's 4) and I have a ESB BOba fett. There are some really great Ideas about constructing stuff here Thanks but I still need guantlets , if someone outbids me on the frankinson 2 on ebay.
    May 27, 2006, 9:58 PM - Re: guantlets #2

I'm pretty sure that Frank-in-son Part 2 has a bad rep around here. If you get outbid, it would probably be for the best. Just a minute and I'll PM you some info on good gauntlets.

By the way, awesome that you're in Iowa! What city do you live in?
    May 27, 2006, 10:00 PM - Re: guantlets #3

Another Iowa Mando.......
    I have Ruffkins gauntlets. He is a member here.
    PM sent.
    Last edited by psberetta; May 27, 2006 at 10:05 PM.
    May 27, 2006, 10:06 PM - Re: guantlets #4

ruffkin is a highly respected guantlet maker. I don't have a set of his yet but I will be getting some soon.
    May 27, 2006, 10:06 PM - Re: guantlets #5

Yep, very awesome!!

Skirata, I PMed you the info. I've seen psberetta's Ruffkin gauntlets, and they are wicked cool! You won't be disappointed.

And wise choice going ESB!
    May 27, 2006, 10:17 PM - Re: guantlets #6

Good luck getting what is pictured. I have read some pretty bad things about this dude. I would go with everyone else...get a set of Ruffkin's. I have a set, and I love the hell outta them!
  7. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    May 28, 2006, 8:33 AM - Re: guantlets #7

unfortunately I was too late to retract my bid. If I am dissatified I will bondo and use my airbrush to really detail out the guants sell em off and buy ruffkins. I have a Minor in art and my stuff is rather physical. But i am sure I can do something to get them up to enough quality to get some of my cash back. I did that with my sandtrooper costume and what i was sold was really crap before i did a lot of heating sculptung and painting.

Are there any 501st cons in the midwest? I know MAGE Con this year is going to have a masqurade ball ( with costume contest) and I have heard there are some Omaha 501st. Anyone know?
    May 28, 2006, 10:30 AM - Re: guantlets #8

The biggest con the Midwest Garission is planing on attending is Wizards World in Chicago, the con is in August... don't remember the exact dates though.
    Mark
    BH-4265
    May 28, 2006, 11:58 AM - Re: guantlets #9

There's DemiCon in Des Moines coming up at the end of July this year. I know I'll be going to that, and I should have my custom Mando done by then.
    Good luck with those gauntlets. I know from their Ebay pictures, they look very nice, but when someone else got them, they were not the product pictured.
  10. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    May 28, 2006, 9:39 PM - Re: guantlets #10

Man I am hoping this turns out. It really is the last part of my armor I need ( and can afford). If it doesn't I will be roasting the guy and demanding my money back. To be fair though IF the product is what is pictured ( which looks good) Then I won't have to do much painting to match my armor. Then it's hard to work on my 3 jet packs. Yes 3 I got a good start on my first and already a friend of mine wants me to do one ( but he wants a jet trooper) from battlefront II back pack.
  11. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    May 28, 2006, 9:39 PM - Re: guantlets #11

Man I am hoping this turns out. It really is the last part of my armor I need ( and can afford). If it doesn't I will be roasting the guy and demanding my money back. To be fair though IF the product is what is pictured ( which looks good) Then I won't have to do much painting to match my armor. Then it's hard to work on my 3 jet packs. Yes 3 I got a good start on my first and already a friend of mine wants me to do one ( but he wants a jet trooper) from battlefront II back pack.
  12. Member Since
    May 2006
    May 28, 2006, 10:24 PM - Re: guantlets #12

I have personally had a very bad experience with franknson part2..PM me for info...not to fan any flames but it is a year later and I still don't have my gauntlets or my money back