Subscribe
    Apr 25, 2008, 2:15 PM - fp v1 gauntlets #1

i recently got a pair of fp's v1 gauntlets, and i've been working at them a little bit here and there, sanding, trimming, etc. but i'm having a tough time wrapping my head around how to put them together. if anyone has put a pair of these together and has any advice, pics, tutorials, please share. i'm having difficulties.
    Apr 25, 2008, 2:47 PM - Re: fp v1 gauntlets #2

You can look in my thread and see my completed kit. What i did first was drill holes in the flamethrower for the buttons, and then three holes in the side. Then I drilled 3 holes in the side of the gauntlet and screwed the two together. Then I picked up some speaker bezels from Radio shack and made the flamethrower emitters and cut a piece of plastic with two holes, glue the bezels in, then blued the bezel holder in the flamethrower box. Then I epoxied on the bottom of the flamethrower. The halves attach with velcro.

For the right gauntlet I just drilled 3 holes in the side of the gauntlet and back ofthe whipcord housing. Then I epoxied the back of the WCH and the screws. They were then screwed together. The top cable holder I used two screws (one top and one in the "front") with epoxy on the bottom of the piece. I used velcro for closures again.

If you need anything more or less detailed, PM me.

-Matt
    Apr 25, 2008, 4:06 PM - Re: fp v1 gauntlets #3

Apr 26, 2008, 5:51 AM - Re: fp v1 gauntlets #4

thank you rip, you are teh awesome.