Discussion on ESB gauntlets-- opinions please within the Boba Fett Armor forum, part of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters category; I know there are some problems, but I bought them
looks good to me, though personally I'd beat em up a little with more weathering, but thats just me.
there are some pretty good ESB pics out there, contact guys like Jango_Fett_Jr or Jango's Kid or DL-44 blaster, theyre the masters when it comes to ESB Fett, so you might be able to get around 80% accurate weathering.
Looking good so far! I definitely suggest adding some black 'grime' to it, the originals seemed to have a fair bit of that. Also do a little black wash to give it an overall used look.
D'oh! Just noticed the flamthrower mount (the piece behind the flamethrower) is upside down! If you can unglue them then definitely fix that, and move it up a couple inches so you can do the red, blackm and white wires.
Yup, I'd just add the black grimey look and the colored wires (if you can move the flame thrower).
That looks great I think the flash bleached out alot of weathering.
here ya go Chuck,
The flash did bleach it some, But it does nedd a black wash.
I was afraid to "over weather " them
The backplate (flamethrower)is glued on better than anything that I have ever glued.
I tried prying it off, but started tearing up the gauntlet.So I left it alone.
I can't put the wires on either. No room after the great glue job.
Thanx for the honesty guys.
Can you tell what kind of glue was used? Depending on what was used, you may have some options.
Nathan, gauntlets are looking good, I would do the blackwash as well. Here's some pics of mine. For the black scuff marks I used a black crayon, drew on where I wanted it, then took my finger and blended it in some.
heres myn... what it was atleast... the elictrical wires (wich cant be foudn in the correct colours anymore, because those are teh colours of wiring used 20 years ago...atleast here in the netehrlands) dont have to be glued on or anything, all you need is a small dremmel drill the correct diameter of the wiring and just plunge them in the back of the flamethrower (after drillin small holes init), then make the same holes in the gaunt shell and braid them together behind those... worked for me...
Looks Pretty Sweet to me...nice paint Job.Originally Posted by slave1pilot
Originally Posted by R_boba_fett
I know HOW to do it, I just don't have room .
The flamethrower is glued way to far back to put any wires.
Here's some updated pics
after the black wash & adding switches.
looking good mate!!
Nice black wash... they look MUCH better! Great work!
Once again very nice. So what's the green everyone is using for these guantlets?
Spruce Green 7737
black mist & dullcote
Wish you'd told me that the flamethrower backplate was upside down before I bought these gauntlets from you, dude...
oh man.....thats not cool.
Had to remove it using harshness!
S'gonna be a bugger to patch
I'd still probably have bought the gauntlets - It's just annoying me that S1P knew about the issue, but never mentioned it... Told me that there were some small cracks that just added to the weathered effect, but never said how they got there.
I thought I had told you, or that you had been following this thread .
I did not intentionally try to deceive you.
If you are unsatisfied please feel free to let me know what I can do to make it right.
Nah, this thread had dropped by the time I was buying the gauntlets - I had no idea until I was looking for reference pics to have an alu flamethrower made and stumbled across it.
Apology accepted... There's not much to be done anyway, unless you happen to have another gauntlet shell lying around :p
I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and try to reinforce the inside of that gaunt as much as possible, and rebuild that side wall where the styrene's ripped away.
I'll check around.
Maybe somebody will have one.
See, I would have never known if anything was upside down, lol. Hell, I still cant tell.
It's the shaped black plate behind the flamethrower. It's too far back, and the wrong way up.
Well, it WAS