Deadland Armor paint up for Katzybugz

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
Hey everyone just wanted to get a WIP thread started for the armor that I have the privilege of painting for our very own Katzybugz for Celebration VI. The armor was created by our very own FettPride based on the image below.
She_Fett_Female_Mandalorian_by_spectrestudios.jpg

Armor turned out great and is just another example of a great quality product from Fettpride. To give you an idea on the size of the armor here is a pic of my 7 year old son with one of the gauntlets on.
gauntlet.JPG

So far I have gotten everything cleaned up on these got some primer on them and then laid down the silver coat. Since Katzybugz is going for a SE ROTJ Fett I will painting these up in that color scheme. There will be a jet pack that goes along with this as well and I will be starting a WIP for her helmet that is being painted up in ESB color scheme in the helmets section.

Onto some pics!!

DSCN5210.JPGDSCN5211.JPGDSCN5213.JPGDSCN5212.JPGDSCN5215.JPGDSCN5216.JPG

Alright here we go!!! Been working like a mad man over the last Week getting the armor all painted up and as a result we are almost done. All armor is painted up and once I get approval from Katzybugz I will start the clear coating process. I still need to add some splattering across the ab right chest piece and diamond but for the most part everything is done and I have the shoulder and chest decals on there way from Scott. Anyway on to the pics. If I get home early enough tonight I will try to take some better pictures outside.

DSCN5261.JPGDSCN5263.JPGDSCN5269.JPGDSCN5275.JPGDSCN5274.JPGDSCN5271.JPGDSCN5265.JPGDSCN5276.JPGDSCN5278.JPGDSCN5277.JPGDSCN5279.JPGDSCN5280.JPGDSCN5281.JPG

You did an excellent paint job! Love all the fine details, the scratches, and all your colors are spot on. You can't ask for more!

Deadland, excellent paint job. What colors did you use on the knees? Specifically, what is the light yellow/cream color around the scratches and what is the main orange color?

Thanks for the compliments guys it has been a fun project and hard to keep up the fast pace but i will get it done.

Bothan: For the colors on the knees I did two coats of up armor yellow followed by a misting of reefer yellow and then a heavy misting of Milwaukee Road Orange I then took 0000 wire wool to it to blend the colors to get t where I want. For the scratches on the knees and shoulder I use Cat wisker yellow.

Alright these will be going out to Katie on Thursday of the weekend I got some more work done and have sealed it up with several coats of Matte finish. I had the opportunity to take a few pics in the natural sunlight with my lame camera but pictures none the less. Hope you are happy with it all Katie and that it meets your expectations and that you have fun with it at CVI.

DSCN5296.JPGDSCN5299.JPGDSCN5300.JPGDSCN5298.JPGDSCN5295.JPGDSCN5301.JPGDSCN5302.JPGDSCN5303.JPGDSCN5304.JPGDSCN5305.JPGDSCN5306.JPGDSCN5307.JPGDSCN5308.JPG

Very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing a completed test fitting, to see how it all looks togther. It's tough to visualize that all layed out on the floor. I guess there's not much you could do with that chest decal placement huh? :)

I'd venture a guess that she'll love it.

Very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing a completed test fitting, to see how it all looks togther. It's tough to visualize that all layed out on the floor. I guess there's not much you could do with that chest decal placement huh? :)

I'd venture a guess that she'll love it.

Yeah the chest decal placement was a tuff one. A few of the guys were over when I did that and you can only guess on some of the comments that were being made!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I need to get my wife to look at this she is gonna poop her pants

Hey Dom I am hoping that the jet pack shows up today can't wait to get a look at it in person!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it sure is. Ryan was nice enough to take some nice pics today of the lid I just finished painting up for Katzybug on a GMH!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back